Caesarean Section (C-Sect) - Welcome all Advices & Sharing!

maneo0302

Dear maneo0302,

Successfully deliver my baby gal via c sect at TMC last friday. Now we are happily back home. Just to let you know that I did epidural (half body) as my gynae said that GA have more side effect.
Congratulations!
Guess i will try to opt for half too. :)

Gem2505

i delivered my girl last month at KKH, opt for normal delivery. had to induced 2 times. whole "waiting time" was 33 HOURS! its quite torturing.
end up, i cannot take it anymore as my dilation was 1.5cm only after 33hours. so i asked for C sect.
i was half awake. but up till know, im unsure if I had epi or half body GA. all i know was, before i know anything, bb is out.
bb was out v fast. within 15mins, everything done up. =)
able to walk the nx day.

maneo0302

i delivered my girl last month at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, opt for normal delivery. had to induced 2 times. whole "waiting time" was 33 HOURS! its quite torturing.
end up, i cannot take it anymore as my dilation was 1.5cm only after 33hours. so i asked for C sect.
i was half awake. but up till know, im unsure if I had epi or half body GA. all i know was, before i know anything, baby is out.
baby was out very fast. within 15mins, everything done up. =)
able to walk the nx day.
I think yours is half body GA. Any stitching on your tummy?
For me, I don't know if i can walk the next day...

For me, I dont't know if i can walk the next day...
I took half epi for c sect. Aiya very fast the whole procedure takes only bout less than 30mins. Surely there will be stitching on tummy but it's really low still can wear bikini without exposing the scar.

I tried walking the 2nd day n it hurts !! As if stitches ripping off but it's bearable I think. Hai... Baby only 5 months plus now preggie again gotta go c sect again!

maneo0302

I took half epi for c sect. Aiya very fast the whole procedure takes only bout less than 30mins. Surely there will be stitching on tummy but it's really low still can wear bikini without exposing the scar.

I tried walking the 2nd day n it hurts !! As if stitches ripping off but it's bearable I think. Hai... Baby only 5 months plus now preggie again gotta go c sect again!
Hi pinkmummy, can u get preg while breastfeeding? I also wan to have a dragon baby. But dunno if i can or not. I'm not getting any younger...time is precious. :)

Make a pregnancy ticker

hackers13jo

congrats :Dancing_tongue: yes my gynae told me this too... my 2nd kid was also c-sect (GA) so this time i ask my gynae whether i can go for eqidural c-sect (half body) cos i have asthma.. she told me no problem... so i have chose half body keke and hubby will accompany me to go in too... i will deliver at Thomson Medical Center:001_302:
Thanks. :001_302:

hackers13jo

To all mummies,

Okay GA is totally sleep type.

For half body, you can have either epidural or spinal. For half body you are awake.

But according to my gynae, he say that the best among the three is half body epidural. Less side effect and you can see your baby being born.

I went thru the half body epi and it is quite okay. The only side effect is that I keep shivering during the process but the anaesthetist says that it is normal and it is due to the drugs that is given to me.

My gynae also says that the epidural that is given for c-sect is different from the epidural for normal delivery. The normal delivery type is attached to tube and dosage will be given on a regular basis as it is not strong type. The epidural that is given for c-sect is given to the spinal one time (no tube attached) and it will last till the next day morning then wear off.

As to whether it is painful or not, from my experience, both for the epidural injection and operation wound, I feel that the pain is bearable. I also think that the anaesthetist and gynae is very important becos whether it is painful or not is depend on the experience of your doctors.

If you want, you can PM me and I can let you know who is my gynae. He is very good. :)

maneo0302

To all mummies,

Okay GA is totally sleep type.

For half body, you can have either epidural or spinal. For half body you are awake.

But according to my gynae, he say that the best among the three is half body epidural. Less side effect and you can see your baby being born.

I went thru the half body epi and it is quite okay. The only side effect is that I keep shivering during the process but the anaesthetist says that it is normal and it is due to the drugs that is given to me.

My gynae also says that the epidural that is given for c-sect is different from the epidural for normal delivery. The normal delivery type is attached to tube and dosage will be given on a regular basis as it is not strong type. The epidural that is given for c-sect is given to the spinal one time (no tube attached) and it will last till the next day morning then wear off.

As to whether it is painful or not, from my experience, both for the epidural injection and operation wound, I feel that the pain is bearable. I also think that the anaesthetist and gynae is very important becos whether it is painful or not is depend on the experience of your doctors.

If you want, you can PM me and I can let you know who is my gynae. He is very good. :)
Hi. Where did you deliver your baby?

hackers13jo

Hi. Where did you deliver your baby?
BTW, I also want to let you know that I can walk the next day and I am discharge 48 hrs after surgery. If you take the pain killer assign by your gynae regularly, you will feel minimum pain. Now is the 5th day and I am feeling all right already. :)

maneo0302

BTW, I also want to let you know that I can walk the next day and I am discharge 48 hrs after surgery. If you take the pain killer assign by your gynae regularly, you will feel minimum pain. Now is the 5th day and I am feeling all right already. :)
Really so good? Im only afraid of the pain. i wanna go for ga, but my hubby says theres alot of side effects.

Gem2505

For me, I don't know if i can walk the next day...
there's stitches of coz. but its v low n it dissolve itself afterwhich. dont have to remove stitches.with the painkillers, i think most mums can walk the next day. have to slowly take ur time n dont be afraid of the pain.
u have to walk in order to discharge. dont walk=they wont discharge u.
all i remember was there was injection to my spinal to numb my lower part of the body.
im not v sure what is the diff between spinal n epi in this case.
i believe, the gynae know whats the best for u. =)

Gem2505

C sect can get preg so fast? i thot must at least wait for 18months-24months?
did ur gynae say anything about ur current pregnancy?
can C sect again so soon?
i am so scared that the wound have not heal so well and get preg again in a few months time.

maneo0302

C sect can get preg so fast? i thot must at least wait for 18months-24months?
did ur gynae say anything about ur current pregnancy?
can C sect again so soon?
i am so scared that the wound have not heal so well and get preg again in a few months time.
I'm not sure if C-sect can get preg so fast or not. But for me, i will try. :)

Make a pregnancy ticker

Gumi

Hi mummies
Can I know what are the side effects of GA besides the shivering and vomitting.
Im going to deliver end of March and gynae said that I will need GA instead of epidural...can someone please advise? Thanks.