Can any mommies advise?

vonn81

We are bringing my 6mths+ old bb for a short trip to m'sia next mth for 4 days. By then she will be 7mths+. Was wondering what should i feed her. She started on rice cereal when she is 5mths 1 week old. After 10 days i've gave her carrots puree. till now she had tried pear, apple, pumkin, broccoli and potato puree. and when she was 5mths 3wks+ i started giving her 2 meals a day. AM: 11-12 and PM: 5.30-6.30.
I want to start giving her porridge when she reaches 7mth. So for this trip i'm really cracking my head.... initially i just tot of giving her heniz bottle food can le, but after thinking how can i give her everyday n 2 meals a day?? not the money issue cos few days wont cost that much, but healthy?? If i wanna cook how to bring out?? i cant cook there. We will be driving in. and to reach the place will take 10 hrs, so in between will stop by here n there for breaks.

Pls advise if any mommies had bring there bb out town.
Thanks

yan2

You can give her nestle instant cereal...mixed with boiling water and ready to be eaten.

CanCanMum

i brought my bb to malaysia when he was 4 months and also sometime around 8 months. (6hour journey) All he had was milk.

travelling with a bb under 1 yr old is not easy. I would advise u to just feed them with milk. Coz this is the 1st time bb is travelling by car for 10 hours, she has to feel comfy having meals on a moving vehicle...and having fluid food makes digestion easier. Imagine having to chew/swallow semi-solid food on a moving vehicle...bumpy roads etc...

also i wd suggest do not give them outside foods (even porridge) at this moment, becoz their digestive system is still weak...chances of contamination is high.

also make sure u bring all the medications for just-in-cases. Also it helps to carry some fever coolpacks too.

EnFlor

It is meal-on-the-go for you bb then. yan2 Nestle suggestion is good. The ones, that i've tried b4 :

1) It comes in box packaging. There are fish porridge, veggie porridge. You can just add boiling hot water and wait awhile till it softens.

2) Or to add variety, bring along nestle plain cereal in small tin. Buy those instand bb food (variety of diff flavours) that come in small bottles. Add them into the plain cereal.

vonn81

i brought my bb to malaysia when he was 4 months and also sometime around 8 months. (6hour journey) All he had was milk.

travelling with a bb under 1 yr old is not easy. I would advise u to just feed them with milk. Coz this is the 1st time bb is travelling by car for 10 hours, she has to feel comfy having meals on a moving vehicle...and having fluid food makes digestion easier. Imagine having to chew/swallow semi-solid food on a moving vehicle...bumpy roads etc...

also i wd suggest do not give them outside foods (even porridge) at this moment, becoz their digestive system is still weak...chances of contamination is high.

also make sure u bring all the medications for just-in-cases. Also it helps to carry some fever coolpacks too.

Hi,

U mean can just give milk at 7mths+?? Actually when she is 4mths we did bring her to vietnam for 5days already. cos she is drinking milk only so very easy...hungry just feed her.

But now indeed is very troublesome to bring her out of sg when she started semi-solid even go out shopping also headache arh. But its my bro in law getting married, her wife m'sian so he's having his dinner there lo..cannot dun go leh.

As mentioned that its not good for digestion if car moving while feeding, thats ok cos we can stop anytime if i need to feed her semi-solid.

vonn81

You can give her nestle instant cereal...mixed with boiling water and ready to be eaten.
It is meal-on-the-go for you bb then. yan2 Nestle suggestion is good. The ones, that i've tried b4 :

1) It comes in box packaging. There are fish porridge, veggie porridge. You can just add boiling hot water and wait awhile till it softens.

2) Or to add variety, bring along nestle plain cereal in small tin. Buy those instand bb food (variety of diff flavours) that come in small bottles. Add them into the plain cereal.

hi,
Instant porridge is good idea, but how to bring hot water can last long in hot flask meh? i dunno whether to use the water there or not leh thou is boiled myself. still scared not clean.

thanks

CanCanMum

oh so its not the 1st time travelling so shd be ok.

for the water issue, u have to mix a little of our water here and there over malaysia so they will be accustomed to it.

vonn81

Ya not the 1st time le, but just that now different cos she just started on S-S food so dont know how lor. Oh water just add abit sg water will do arh. okok thanks. I just bought a few bottle of gerber baby food. dont know nice or not. cos i dont see it at ntuc leh when i saw it at IMM giant today i just bought a few to let her try.

yan2

hi,
Instant porridge is good idea, but how to bring hot water can last long in hot flask meh? i dunno whether to use the water there or not leh thou is boiled myself. still scared not clean.

thanks
Nestle instant porridge, i think needs pot to cook. You can buy other nestle cereal like...rice, rice with chicken...etc...mixed with hot water

NEVER drink the water from tap when you in other countries...go to supermarket to buy "bottled DRINKING WATER"..dun buy bottled mineral water...used hotel electrical thermal flask to boil the water and store in your thermal flask...for room temperature water, cooled the hot water overnight so bb can drink plain water or make millk

Last edited:

vonn81

Ya especially in m'sia water not clean. i've stayed there for 3 yrs cannot tahan. sometimes the water have brownish colour arh. scary.

babymoon

Ya especially in m'sia water not clean. i've stayed there for 3 yrs cannot tahan. sometimes the water have brownish colour arh. scary.
yah.. depends on which town you are in. but for baby's safety, always use the boiled water and for the traveling, their suggestions all very good. I brought my babymoon to m'sia few times and all the journey we just feed her milk. it's easier, no need to headache about the food too much! traveling is fun and don't let yourself get too stress about baby's things.
enjoy ur holidays yah! :Dancing_wub:

maine78

Nestle instant porridge, i think needs pot to cook.
totally agreed. I've tried giving my son instant porriage before. I cook for 10min in the pot and it still hard and taste bad.

Feeding milk, instant cereal and baby food like veg puree shd solve yr feeding problems during yr 10hrs drive there.

babymoon

yah.. walking distance.. ard 8 mins bah.. heehee..
hey, i'm writing a book about travelling while pregnant-"babymoon travelling". Is great if you could share with me some ideas and suggestions so tat my book more informative. I will give out free copy to you when book done. just click the link below will do. =)
thanks yah.. ;)