can mix bm to bm together??

hi littlerat,

you can combine the 2 session together if both having same temperatur. example 1st session u already put on the fridge, the 2nd session u also have to put in the fridge before you combine both together.

normally i will combine too, if the pumps between the same day, but 1 bag also not more than 120ml, because as what cancanmum said, once you take out from freezer cannot put it back.

littlerat

nope, its beta to store in a fresh bag, coz once opened, the milk must be drank immediately...cannot mix and store again...somemore u r putting in freezer.....we are sup to keep it constantly in the freezer and canx take out and put back....will lose freshness coz once u open the bag will make it likely to be contaminated with bacteria in the air....

i was like u, not enuf to fill up whole bag....wasted but to play safe i store one pump of BM everytime in a new bag.
Thanks for all mummies advise ...
What I intend to do is to keep the 2 day's supply in the milk bag in the freezer until I need it then I put into the fridge to thaw. Once it become liquid, I pour half out and other half remain in the fridge for the next feed on the same day.
Dunno if like this, can or not le??

Thanks

chuaeil

What I intend to do is to keep the 2 day's supply in the milk bag in the freezer until I need it then I put into the fridge to thaw. Once it become liquid, I pour half out and other half remain in the fridge for the next feed on the same day.

Thanks
As long as they are not in the freezer. I put in the fridge which is not freezer and not in the bag yet. Mine is in the bottle first then i will combine the 2 days together in the bag then store in the freezer. Once i thaw it i will put in the fridge. Dont combine more than that. I dont always do this matter unless my milk really too little.

CanCanMum

Thanks
Extracted from Breastmilk Storage Guidlines - Breastfeeding Accessories, Lanolin, Pumps, Nursing Pads, Milk Storage, Breastfeeding Information, Nurture Note, Lansinoh Laboratories

Breastmilk Storage Guidelines
  • Breastmilk can be left at room temperature (66-72°F, 19-22°C) for up to 10 hours
  • It can be stored in a refrigerator (32-39°F, 0-4°C) for up to 8 days
  • If you have a single-door refrigerator with freezer section, breastmilk can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks (due to continous open/closing of freezer door)
  • If you have a two-door refrigerator/freezer, breastmilk can be stored in the freezer for 3 to 4 months
  • Deep freeze at constant 0°F (-19°C) for 6 months or longer
Hope it helps :tlaugh:

littlerat

Extracted from Breastmilk Storage Guidlines - Breastfeeding Accessories, Lanolin, Pumps, Nursing Pads, Milk Storage, Breastfeeding Information, Nurture Note, Lansinoh Laboratories

Breastmilk Storage Guidelines
  • Breastmilk can be left at room temperature (66-72°F, 19-22°C) for up to 10 hours
  • It can be stored in a refrigerator (32-39°F, 0-4°C) for up to 8 days
  • If you have a single-door refrigerator with freezer section, breastmilk can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks (due to continous open/closing of freezer door)
  • If you have a two-door refrigerator/freezer, breastmilk can be stored in the freezer for 3 to 4 months
  • Deep freeze at constant 0°F (-19°C) for 6 months or longer
Hope it helps :tlaugh:
Thanks for the infor ....