can newborn sleep sarong?

pkshl

i noticed my son sweats at his back, i tink it could be him sleeping too long on his back & also the weather is quite warm now even though i on fan..
my hubby suggest let baby sleep in sarong at least he wont feel warm & sweat.

can newborn sleep sarong? now he's 1mth+. pls advise

apollo

i threw my ds in sarong when he's ard 3week old.. hehe... but think carefully 1st hor, they'll get used to sarong and reject their cot...:001_302:

CanCanMum

my MIL dumped my boy in sarong when he was only 8 days old

its ok for daytime but night time is the worst decision

coz they rely on rocking to sleep

its ok as long as at night baby still sleeps without rocking

pkshl

my mum scold me when she knows i put my son to sleep in sarong at night. she say cannot let him sleep sarong at night cos he will reject bed & worst cannot stretch.

is it true?

apollo

my mum scold me when she knows i put my son to sleep in sarong at night. she say cannot let him sleep sarong at night cos he will reject bed & worst cannot stretch.

is it true?
reject bed that part is very true lo!! the stretching i think is okay, since most of use slp in sarong when we were stil babies.. but try to let him slp sarong in the day and bed at night since it's so hot in the day...

sanjing07

Alpha Male
heard some people say some expert docs incl Wong BB from TMC parentcraft said that sleeping sarong is not good due to the spinal development, esp at a young age.

Can anyone verify that?

redjn

i agree with doc saying about letting bb sleep in sarong is not good due to the spinal development, esp at a young age but that only apply when u put them in the whole day.

My boy was in the sarong since he born even till now. We put in bb cot most of the time only when i am doing house work & bb is napping I will place him into the electric cradle. when comes to night time sleep, we place him back into the cot so far no rejection.

By the way, the material of sarong, we are using the "NET" type this not so hot compare to the cloth sarong & it has more air flown too.