Cannot Blow Winds ? :(

ling.er

Hi all mummies ,

I have a few question here need to ask.. Please help ^^

1: Izit true during confinement period we cannot blow winds??
( Cos my hus have no aircon as i doin my confinement @ own place, If cannot blow winds i guess i be sweating lik hell, Soem more the weather is so damn hot )

2. My hus have a 3 yr old female dog, as my husband say my dog bark will scare newborn & e fur will make him uncomfortable.. Tell mi do confinement @ MIL ther but i dun wan to..
( Any suggestion on this ?? )

3. My right eye is swallon & have a lump, Which i wanted to remove it.. Will it effect my baby if i operate ?? **
(If i dun do it nw then i might need to wait after confinement lei .. Which is few mth later = =" ):we3sad:

Advice thk for mummies who repl & advice :wong19:

jojoki

Hi all mummies ,

( Cos my hus have no aircon as i doin my confinement @ own place, If cannot blow winds i guess i be sweating lik hell, Soem more the weather is so damn hot )

2. My hus have a 3 yr old female dog, as my husband say my dog bark will scare newborn & e fur will make him uncomfortable.. Tell mi do confinement @ mother in law ther but i dont want to..

3. My right eye is swallon & have a lump, Which i wanted to remove it.. Will it effect my baby if i operate ?? **
(If i dont do it now then i might need to wait after confinement lei .. Which is few month later = =" ):we3sad:

during my confinement i had both aircon n fan on.. with all the heaty stuffs u eat and normally after delivery u tend to feel v hot n sweaty.. but most of my frens have aircon but no fan.. personally i think fan is ok la.

nope i dun think dog will frighten ur baby. babies gets the startled effect all e time. shut door bang! they jump! its ok one no worries.... as for the fur... keep ur place very clean lor. shave ur dog and dun let ur dog into ur room where bb sleep most of e time. otherwise its ok...

as for ur lump n eye, its best to seek ur doctors advise.

congrats n take care!

Phoebii Cheng

Hi all mummies , Hello

I also on the fan but I wear socks and slippers at home....I think it depends on you, cos singapore weather is really humid & hot sometimes

2. My hus have a 3 yr old female dog, as my husband say my dog bark will scare newborn & e fur will make him uncomfortable.. Tell mi do confinement @ mother in law ther but i dont want to..

Yup like what jojoki mummy said, so long as you keep the place clean, I think shd be no problem for ur bb

(If i dont do it now then i might need to wait after confinement lei .. Which is few month later = =" ):we3sad:

I think it is better to wait till confinement, cos' during op, will they use anesthetic? It might be harmful for bb and all.....but after confinement if you op, r u gonna BF? if you r then u might want to ask the LC if it might affect ur bb if you r gonna BF?

Hope it helps

ling.er

Hope it helps

T.T if ON fan then wear socks i'm ok with it .. If really cant blow winds or wat i think i sure sweat & feel sticky = ="

For dog i think i keep it @ kitchen or livin room , while i & baby will inside room.

Operation i nt sure they will use anot.. Tomo i will call my doc & check see weather can operate anot.. If nt really gt to wait after confinement alrd.. Tat time hope wun have infection lo.. Y.Y

apollo

Hi all mummies ,

ehh i heard tt cannot blow wind directly but i think letting the fan turn is okay. anw, during confinement i on aircon daily cos the weather was too hot. and actu aft we gif bith (or in fact the moment we step into the hospital), we're alrdy in a fully air-conditioned place till we discharge =).

i doubt so.. many mummies here have dogs at hm. and their babies are adapting well. i think if u do ur confinement without ur dog, when u come bk with bb, the bb will not get used having a dog ard. he will cry and get shocked even more. i suggest u to just let him get used to it =)

for the 3rd qns, i think u better seek for ur gynae as well as the surgeon's advices. =)

Renzie

Hi all mummies ,

My hubby's grandma told me its ok to blow wind, as long as its sunny outside. If raining, better don't. Throughout my confinement, I on the fan and open my windows big big. Its only when I bath, make sure to wipe everywhere dry, and to keep warm. Meaning, have to close all the room windows when I get dressed and to blow hair dry asap and wear socks. Just make sure you don't get cold or chilled.

There's a few mothers who have dogs and newborn at home. If he's worried about the fur, make sure to mop and vaccum the floor everyday, and keep the flat clean. As for the barking, does the dog bark very often? My dog doesn't bark unless there's strangers in the vicnity. Introduce the baby to the dog as soon as possible. Let the dog sniff some of the baby's worn clothes to get use to his/her scent.

My baby is used to all kinds of noises, maybe its because from day 1, we didn't purposely put her in a quiet envoirnment, so she got used to the sounds in our daily envoirnment, and could sleep through anything.

Its better to wait til after you have delivered for any operations. For they might inject in anesthesia which might affect the unborn child. Its better to ask the doctor if its safe for you to go for the operation, and if after you had delivered, if its safe for breastfeeding.

Hope it helps.

Ashbaby

Hi all mummies ,

Can blow but dont blow directly at you.

Its okay, I have dog at home too, just keep ur house clean. Pls do not shve ur dog fur, it doesnt help in shedding at all. A dog shed even ur shave it down.

Check with gynae or PD.

ling.er

Hi all mummies ,

Can blow but dont blow directly at you.

Its okay, I have dog at home too, just keep your house clean. Pls do not shve your dog fur, it doesnt help in shedding at all. A dog shed even your shave it down.

Check with gynae or pediatrician.

Dun blow directly on body or ?? Cos mostly i on fan blow on body .. Juz hope weather turn coolin when i doin confinement ..

As for dog i tink my sis / parent will keep her in kitchen ..

As advice i will call my gynae 1st ting in mornin tomo .. Cos i worry it might gt infection or wat ><"

rioikinz

My sis did not listen to my mum's advice and blow fan directly now regretted so kept telling me not to repeat her mistake.. LOL

As for the weather, sad to say that my friend and myself both gave birth in Dec which is the rainy season still sweat like mad.. even just to have my meal in the kitchen. my friend gave up and took shower after a week. as for myself in the aircon room everyday.

ling.er

My sis did not listen to my mum's advice and blow fan directly now regretted so kept telling me not to repeat her mistake.. LOL

As for the weather, sad to say that my friend and myself both gave birth in Dec which is the rainy season still sweat like mad.. even just to have my meal in the kitchen. my friend gave up and took shower after a week. as for myself in the aircon room everyday.

Y ur sis regret ?? I heard ppl say will have side effect when we get older .. I wonder ozot real ... As for nw the weather if tell mi dun on fan i cannot .. Cannot bath too much , cannot turn on fan = Body sticky , Werid smell then like tat hw to carry baby .. T.T
Stupi weather lei... Goin to june i hope will turn better ..

apollo

Y your sis regret ?? I heard ppl say will have side effect when we get older .. I wonder ozot real ... As for now the weather if tell mi dont on fan i cannot .. Cannot bath too much , cannot turn on fan = Body sticky , Werid smell then like that hw to carry baby .. T.T
babe, i think as long as u let the fan turn, is okay to hav the fan on. if not, u just on the aircon. actu i think aircon is better, cos fan gif out WIND while aircon is cool air..

cos if u really follow the rule 100%, u will sweat lik hell. hw r u going to bf ur bb? gif him ur sweaty boobs? i did not bath until 12th day. but during the 1st 11 days, i will use HOT water to clean my body and use warm water to wash my *ahem* whenever i go toilet.

ling.er

babe, i think as long as you let the fan turn, is okay to hav the fan on. if not, you just on the aircon. actually i think aircon is better, cos fan give out WIND while aircon is cool air..

cos if you really follow the rule 100%, you will sweat lik hell. hw r you going to bf your baby? give him your sweaty boobs? i did not bath until 12th day. but during the 1st 11 days, i will use HOT water to clean my body and use warm water to wash my *ahem* whenever i go toilet.

The problem is my hus no AIRCON lo T.T But have air cooler fan .. I guess it ok ba.. I make it turn around lo.. As u say if i really follow rule I think i sure sweat n gt smelly.. I guess my bb also dun wan sweaty boob hahaz .. & some mummies say wear sock I should give a try ..

** As for my eye i alrd ask my gynae & he give mi another doc to call... I will go operation my eye on WED & Gynae check up will be on FRI ... Hope everything go well .. :wong19:

apollo

The problem is my hus no AIRCON T.T But have air cooler fan .. I guess it ok .. I make it turn around .. As you say if i really follow rule I think i sure sweat n gt smelly.. I guess my baby also dont want sweaty boob hahaz .. & some mummies say wear sock I should give a try ..

** As for my eye i alrd ask my gynae & he give mi another doc to call... I will go operation my eye on WED & Gynae check up will be on FRI ... Hope everything go well .. :wong19:
i didnt wear socks but bedroom slipper.. hehe...

zaria

hi, i'm a mum n a grandmum of 2. . . feel compel to advc u . . here r my cares. .

: Izit true during confinement period we cannot blow winds??
given a choise of aircon&fan, a/c is better (but not too cold!!). if no a/c fan is ok but not hv d wind blowing directly to u. . direct wind may open our pores resulting to cold air into yr body hence "catch chills" as d old saying goes.

barking fm dog may not scare yr newborn. . . u see it's as gd as having a noisy grandmum barking @ her kids. . u won't move d baby out rite?? the baby will get used to d noise/barking. however d fur may b a prob. . so get everyone at home to take turns to vacuum/mop d floor.

if u hv d operation now, r u may feel pain wen looking down @ baby. . exp if u r breastfeeding. i'm sure removing d lump will not be a mojor ops. so may not effect yr boby with your ops.

Advice thk for mummies who repl & advice :wong19:[/quote]
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW ADVENTURE AS A MUM. . MORE ADVENTURES TO COME YOUR WAY TOO. . WITH THE CONCERN U HV FOR YOUR BABY I'M SURE U WILL BE OK IF NOT A VERY GD MUMMY. CHEERS TO YOU!

rioikinz

Y your sis regret ?? I heard ppl say will have side effect when we get older .. I wonder ozot real ... As for now the weather if tell mi dont on fan i cannot .. Cannot bath too much , cannot turn on fan = Body sticky , Werid smell then like that hw to carry baby .. T.T

Pain here pain there ... at least let the fan move. just have to bear with it for the month. My hubby heard her complaint then so worried that he very particular about this.

Use the herbal bag (can be bought at medical hall) to boil water then can wipe yourself if need be. but remember to dry yourself properly. Also I use warm towel to clean before i latch my baby on otherwise the milk will taste salty... LOL. this will also help to relief breast engorgement.

But when you go toilet always remember to wash your bottom to prevent infections.

There is too much things to follow so just do what best you could, I dont follow everything also.

Hope all will be fine for your op:Dancing_wub:

angelwendy

Actually for my confinement time i on air con.. but no fan... cause weather is too hot in singapore.. so if no fan & air con i think will go crazy.... if in the living room.. i will just on fan.. but not direct onto me.. just let it turn around...

If the place is kept clean.. i think should not be a problem... if u don;t wanna go ur MIL for confinemet is ok.. don't stress urself...

Have u ask ur doc yet?? i think normally doc will ask u to wait till baby is born then can operate...

ling.er

Actually for my confinement time i on air con.. but no fan... cause weather is too hot in singapore.. so if no fan & air con i think will go crazy.... if in the living room.. i will just on fan.. but not direct onto me.. just let it turn around...

If the place is kept clean.. i think should not be a problem... if you dont;t wanna go your mother in law for confinemet is ok.. dont't stress yourself...

Have you ask your doc yet?? i think normally doc will ask you to wait till baby is born then can operate...

Air cooler i think ok right ??? Cos confinement i will stay @ own house then after tat move to my husban place ..

As for dog i will shave / cut shorter then i think wun drop much ba..

Yap ^.^ i alrd call up my gynae in the morning as he also recomend doc to mi.. I will book appointment on wed ..
** If wait till after baby born then i think will be troublesome also.. Cos my MIL wana have baby shower celebrate ..
(As confinemen period i think we nt allow to go out right ? )

apollo

(As confinemen period i think we not allow to go out right ? )
during confinement i still go out. but to buy things etc. and also my hubby secretly brought me to coffeeshop eat bak chor meee.. :tlaugh:

as for the OP, if both ur gynae and the doc say is okay den shd be no pro. cos i think such small surgery dun nd GA. my mum done tt b4, she also had a small lump on her eye and she didnt go thru GA, the doc just inject on her lump area =)

ling.er

during confinement i still go out. but to buy things etc. and also my hubby secretly brought me to coffeeshop eat bak chor meee.. :tlaugh:

as for the OP, if both your gynae and the doc say is okay then should be no pro. cos i think such small surgery dont need GA. my mum done that before, she also had a small lump on her eye and she didnt go thru GA, the doc just inject on her lump area =)

Waaaa so naughty stil go out lolx.. IF my husband knw i sneak out eat or buy thing i think he will Scold mi or wat lolx ...
If i dun cut off the lump nw i worry after confinemen will infection or wat .. SO i think i dun wait alrd.. Juz do it nw ...
Last 2 yr i gt remove 1 lump also.. Nw back again Haiz = ="

Ting

i on fan when i was on confinement, just no AC.
but i wore long sleeves (cover shoulder) n pants (cover knees) n socks.
but fan still facing me if not turning.

regarding your dog, uhhh honestly, even if u do confinement at your mil's place for one mth, then after that when u go back home then???? still back to the same problem.
just make sure u keep the baby area clean, better if u dont let the dog enter the room to keep it cleaner.
n also, just let your dog get used to the baby's smell, they shld be ok.

last issue, sorry cant help on this, best to check with your gynae. :)