Cannot drink plain water?

Triquetra

Is it true that drinking plain water after delivery will cause water retention?
Can I still drink cold water during confinement? =X

mummiestarries

There is less flexibility in liquids during confirment.

During the entire month, I was only permitted to quench my thirst with tea made of red dates. Every night my mother put some red dates, dang shen, dried longan (the fruit of the Chinese evergreen tree) and medlar seeds into a slow cooker.
Throughout the day I had to drink this brew instead of plain water so as to prevent water retention and revitalize health.
My mother constantly warned me about the consequences of drinking plain water which would purportedly make the veins swell.

Was not allowed to open the fridge door during confirment to get cold water as well. but i hear people saying that it is only for the first week. but, my mum insisted that i don't drink cold water for the whole month.

apollo

Is it true that drinking plain water after delivery will cause water retention?
Can I still drink cold water during confinement? =X
for this, i dont believe at all. cause not enough of water intake then will cause water retention! :tlaugh:

mag_huiling

i drank more plain water than the red date tea during my confinement but no water retention leh!... i even drank cold drinks!

pkshl

i also drank plain water cos i was down with sore throat, flu & cough. my CL brew red dates longan drink 1week after i had recovered or else the drink too heaty.

JusMum

other then red dates water , i also got drink plain water , drink too much red datesdrink also make me very thirsty ,,

Triquetra

i drank more plain water than the red date tea during my confinement but no water retention !... i even drank cold drinks!
Hehehe!
That's what I am doing right now, I keep asking my Hubby to smuggle cold drinks in for me. Spent the whole morning and noon under the hot sun and sweating like mad... really have no 'appetite' for hot red date tea.

Triquetra

i also drank plain water cos i was down with sore throat, flu & cough. my CL brew red dates longan drink 1week after i had recovered or else the drink too heaty.
The drink is heaty?
I am also having flu and sore throat but trying to drink the red dates longan drink so as to not waste my MIL's effort.

babymiki2003

Hehehe!
That's what I am doing right now, I keep asking my Hubby to smuggle cold drinks in for me. Spent the whole morning and noon under the hot sun and sweating like mad... really have no 'appetite' for hot red date tea.
ur hubby is so good ah. i haven give birth and my hubby is aly naggin me that i cant do this and cant do that during my confinement.

i think i will go mad during the 1 month confinement

mag_huiling

The drink is heaty?
I am also having flu and sore throat but trying to drink the red dates longan drink so as to not waste my mother in law's effort.
yes yes.. the tea is very heaty..

what i did was drink the tea, after that drink water, and alternately.. so balance up..

ask ur MIL dont put sugar! my ex mil damn stupid man! all the ingredients already can produce sweetness into the drink, yet still put damn lot of rock sugar. puke out at the first sip! haha.. (never give her face!)

apollo

your hubby is so good . i have not give birth and my hubby is aly naggin me that i cant do this and cant do that during my confinement.

i think i will go mad during the 1 month confinement
i teach u, u must know how to CRY!!! CRY then u win liaooooo... i cried then my hubby smuggle cold drinks, curry puff, choco etc... haha!!!!!!!:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Queenbabe

During the entire month, I was only permitted to quench my thirst with tea made of red dates. Every night my mother put some red dates, dang shen, dried longan (the fruit of the Chinese evergreen tree) and medlar seeds into a slow cooker.
Throughout the day I had to drink this brew instead of plain water so as to prevent water retention and revitalize health.
My mother constantly warned me about the consequences of drinking plain water which would purportedly make the veins swell.

Was not allowed to open the fridge door during confirment to get cold water as well. but i hear people saying that it is only for the first week. but, my mum insisted that i dont't drink cold water for the whole month.
My dear son name Xavier too ... Bday 1/10/2009 1wk earlier from due date ... Oops out of topic *sorry*:001_302:

I drink whatever i feel like drinking .... no1 can stop me :)

mummypooh

Hi All,

I still understand, y during confinement period, we are not allowed to drnk plain water? I tot tats the best liquid & thrist-quenching liquid ? Coz im a plain water person...cant live w/o water. I can drnk more than 8-10 glasses of water a day. Though im inw n my 2nd trimester, my MIL aldy told me abt the red-dates water. She said she will make it bland & not so sweet like plain water...but i still prefer 2 drnk my plain water...

Furthermore, im a "heaty" person & i dun take sweet flavour water, cant imagine I have to drink d red-dates water throughtout the whole mth..sob sob...:nah:

i have not given birth yet but i am taking the red date drinks. But it makes my body feel better. I getting myself prepare. Ha ha. I only hear ppl saying cold drinks not allow but never heard ppl saying cannot drink plain water. Afterall its your choice.

should drink plenty of water if you're breastfeeding. you need to hydrate yourself and your body needs the liquid to produce the milk. if you're dehydrated you'll find that your milk is little and takes a longer time to come in... regardless whether it is red dates tea or water... as long as you're replenishing fluids, it's ok. anyway red dates tea is boiled with water so i don't understand why can't drink water. i drank a lot of water during my confinement period. occassionally i will drink cold water...

PinkDiamonds

My mum did my confinement for me during the first 2 weeks & did not allow me to drink plain water. She made the red dates drink for me. But as she doesn't stay overnight, I will wait for her to go home then gulp down my plain water. If not I will wait for her to go toilet or what and quickly drink.

I am glad I drank a lot of plain water cause the red dates drink did not quench my thirst at all! & thanks to lots of fluid I manage to breastfeed

Jen1106

for me i did drink a lot of plain warm water immediately after birth coz i've got a lot of sickness need to swallow medication.. i onli started to drink dates tea on my 2nd week of my confinement...

Gelyn

I think its fine to drink plain water and milo during confinement month and thats what I did. Perfectly alright but I am not sure about cold water although some of my gfs drank it anyway.

iwan2noe

Was not allowed to open the fridge door during confirment to get cold water as well. but i hear people saying that it is only for the first week. but, my mum insisted that i dont't drink cold water for the whole month.
Hi all,
I think i agree with mummiestarries and rather listen than regret later...prevention better than cure ma...
But I agree that red dates drinks are heaty lor....i have not deliver so i cant comment much.
But I used to be a heaty person and gets easily heaty..but now I also take red dates tea drink occasionally but so far so good...not heaty yet..
I think most imptly b4 confinement, take care of your heaty and be healthy throughout ur pregnancy so when u r doing confinement you wont fall sick so easily bah...

all mummies , JIA YOU!:Dancing_wub: