canola oil

prima

hi

anyone cooking or deepfrying with Canola oil?

I just went for my medical check up and my cholesterol and triglycerides shot up sky high! maybe due to cooking with this oil.

anyone having same prob?

yakii

hi

anyone cooking or deepfrying with Canola oil?

I just went for my medical check up and my cholesterol and triglycerides shot up sky high! maybe due to cooking with this oil.

anyone having same prob?
I dont think is the oil..cos
Canola oil has been claimed to promote good health due to its very low saturated fat and high monounsaturated fat content, and beneficial omega-3 fatty acid profile. The Canola Council of Canada states that it is completely safe and is the "healthiest" of all commonly used cooking oils. It has well established heart health benefits and is recognized by many health professional organizations including the American Dietetics Association, and American Heart Association, among others.Canola oil has been authorized a qualified health claim from the US Food and Drug Administration based on its ability to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to its unsaturated fat content.

stonston

Is it your good cholesterol (HDL) that shoot up? My mum & I have high cholesterol. But ours is good cholesterol so doc say just monitor, no need for medication :)

prima

was just curious cos we just tried canola oil when they were sold in bottles.

then when we fry stuff, the oil can't be used for 2nd round and it does smell awful. just changed to sunflower oil and the oil cud be reused and smell good still.

if surf the net for more info, the feedback does not seem encouraging.
I am so discouraged coz I dilligently take salads, celery n tomato juice.
and we cook only olive oil and canola oil previously. hardly take any seafood (except fish) in years beef n mutton only sparingly.

cholesterol is moderately high 218 tryglicerides shot up from normal to 378!!!
now have to exercise n make sure sweat alot. sigh....