Celebrate World Breastfeeding Week with mass public breastfeeding!

cmeilim

Hello all nursing moms!

The Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group is organising a mass public breastfeeding event at City Square Mall on 29 Aug, Sun, 2pm. It will be flashmob style. Basically it means a group of people suddenly congregating to do an action, like dance, or sing or in this case, breastfeed! Although it is a “sudden” event, it will be preceded with a signal which will be pre-arranged by BMSG. As soon as moms hear the signal, everyone quickly gathers in the designated area and breastfeed! It will be over and done with, in a matter of a minute or two but we hope to make an impact with the public and the media!

For this to be successful, they are looking for at least 100 moms to join the event! ALL participating moms will receive a Moms-In-Mind baby pouch sling worth $42.90 just for breastfeeding for that minute or two. Whilst stocks last!

Pre-registration is required at only a nominal $2. I am definitely going. If any mommy is keen to join, PM me with your name, hp no and email address and I can sign up for all of us. => It will be great to make a public stand in support and celebration of breastfeeding to the Singapore society!!!

megtan

How's the format like? Gather, stand and latch on, then disperse? My little rascal very distractable leh, scared he doesn't want to latch.

cmeilim

How's the format like? Gather, stand and latch on, then disperse? My little rascal very distractable , scared he doesn't want to latch.

the organiser has not finalised the full details yet as the programme is still pending other partners. there should be other fringe activities other than just mass breastfeeding.

Hi cmeilim,

3 days ago,I had made my payment via ibanking and emailed the organiser but no reply from them yet. Wondering if they recvd it or not?

cmeilim

Hi cmeilim,

3 days ago,I had made my payment via ibanking and emailed the organiser but no reply from them yet. Wondering if they recvd it or not?
Hello, the one collating the registration I'd a volunteer who's a full time working mum with 3 kids. Hence do be patient. I am sure you will hear fr her soon this week.