Celebration of Kids' Birthday

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Re: Kids' Birthday

I've always think that our kids bdays are always important .
I didn't know some people do not celebrate kids b'day till i stumbled upon this thread .

Celebrating in school is a gd idea .
Do u give out gift packs etc ?
I like it when every year my parents celebrate my bday at sch with cakes and those gift packs . :001_302:
yes, u'll hv to buy gifts for the kids.
My sch time, dun hv this knd of practise :001_302:
For my 2ds , ds1 bday will fall on 1st day of sep sch holi
and ds2 bday will fall on last day last 2nd of dec sch holi :shyxxx:

mae

I don't think it's necessary but I celebrated alexx b-day from her age 1-4...next year I think won't celebrate anymore...we will just go shopping & have dinner...or we will go out of town as our gift for her.

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Precisely.
so the more should be celebrate with own family nia. no point going thru the hassle of inviting guests, only to have them complain behind your back that your food is so-so...and that they have to go thru the hassle to make time and travel jus cos you invited them.
Jeda, tat's y i dt not invite u to Javen's birthday tis sun :001_302: :001_302:

jedamum

I've always think that our kids bdays are always important .
I didn't know some people do not celebrate kids b'day till i stumbled upon this thread .

Celebrating in school is a gd idea .
Do u give out gift packs etc ?
I like it when every year my parents celebrate my bday at sch with cakes and those gift packs . :001_302:
....i think my parents did celebrate my birthday with me when i am younger...i just dunno who are the people who were standing beside me and the birthday cakes in the photos that i still have. subsequently, no celebrations liao cos cannot afford to buy cake.
but i always look forward to eating mian xian and red eggs cooked by my mum...now married liao, so no more....:07:

CynCyn

....i think my parents did celebrate my birthday with me when i am younger...i just dunno who are the people who were standing beside me and the birthday cakes in the photos that i still have. subsequently, no celebrations liao cos cannot afford to buy cake.
but i always look forward to eating mian xian and red eggs cooked by my mum...now married liao, so no more....:07:
I agree with u . I love eating mian xian and red eggs but sadly my mum doesn't practice this . Only my grandma cooks for me nia . :001_302:
Now oso no more .

jedamum

I agree with u . I love eating mian xian and red eggs but sadly my mum doesn't practice this . Only my grandma cooks for me nia . :001_302:
Now oso no more .
i love the feeling of me getting to eat 2 red eggs while my siblings get to eat 1 only nia cos it is my birthday. :wong6:

reminds me of a funny incident. my elder bro was visiting my mum on one sunday. my mum and my SIL is fussing over the new baby and then suddenly my younger bro quietly remind my mum that that day is my elder bro's birthday! Apparently, my mum, my SIL and my elder bro himself have been so overwhelmed by the new addition that they have forgotten about his birthday! haha...my guilty mum quickly cook mian xian for my bro....guess his wife also feel guilty ba. :tlaugh:

M

^Mami_Jazz^

i love the feeling of me getting to eat 2 red eggs while my siblings get to eat 1 only nia cos it is my birthday. :wong6:

reminds me of a funny incident. my elder bro was visiting my mum on one sunday. my mum and my SIL is fussing over the new baby and then suddenly my younger bro quietly remind my mum that that day is my elder bro's birthday! Apparently, my mum, my SIL and my elder bro himself have been so overwhelmed by the new addition that they have forgotten about his birthday! haha...my guilty mum quickly cook mian xian for my bro....guess his wife also feel guilty ba. :tlaugh:
Haha i oso dun have the mee suan + egg anymore :embarrassed:
Jeda, u mom stays below u nia izzit? Remind her lor,
lunar bday over but western calander bday coming liao :wong4::wong4:
in time to make up :001_302:

LoVeS

Now oso no more .
My family dun even cook mian xian n red eggs for me once b4

jedamum

Haha i oso dun have the mee suan + egg anymore :embarrassed:
Jeda, u mom stays below u nia izzit? Remind her lor,
lunar bday over but western calander bday coming liao :wong4::wong4:
in time to make up :001_302:
no la...not below la...need 20 min car ride.

CynCyn

Laugh out loud ! So cute . Is it yr baby tt's the new addition ?

jedamum

Laugh out loud ! So cute . Is it yr baby tt's the new addition ?
no la..the new addition is my elder bro's baby (the first baby under my family-maiden surname)..that is why he forgot his own birthday, his wife forgot his birthday and my mum forgot his birthday.

vodkager

i celebrated my DS's 1st mth & 1yo..

no more buffets.. no more chalets.. until maybe he is primary 6 or 18 or 21..=x other yr, only ME, DH & DS.. sch to me, is a different thing..

there will be a cake and dinner for his bdae every yr..

blowing cake & giving gift packs at sch if he ask for it..