Cereal!! Which brand?

dawn

hi everyone,

just to share, i introduced my ds to heinze's iron-enriched rice cereal when he turned 6 mths... an uncomplicated and safe choice to start with, imo..

having finished that w no ill effects, at 7 mths, I then switched him to nestle's "gold series" rice cereal with apple and cranberry for breakfast, and then added Si Shen brown rice powder for lunch or dinner...

based on observation, my ds likes the nestle's rice cereal, but imo, it is on the sweet side (comes with milk so only add water) so if parents r concerned abt this, do take note..

as for si shen's brown rice powder, i am using the instant plain vanilla version which has a rather coarse sandy texture upon mixing... i just started this but somehow, i dun think my ds likes it v much (i certainly don't! but my MIL swears by it...)

anyway, it could be a coincidence but not long after this new "menu" was introduced, he did not pooh-pooh for a couple of days and when he did, it all came out in what appeared was rather hard stool... however, this could be a transitional thing as his bowel movements r back to normal now..;)

prettybb

my baby eats everything! he eats Nestle brown rice, Wheat friscocrem,Rice friscocrem,Gerber banana,Heinz banana n peach..
and just recently he's addicted to gerber finger foods!(like honey stars!)

but it does helps my boy to stay quiet in stroller while we were out. or simply keep him cool when he's cranky outside!

jennL

my dd also likes healthy times....

carrefour and ntuc selling cheaper than coldstorage.
yep! but seems like healthy times is recently out of stock at many places, even cold storage.

ds also tried Organix white rice cereal but this is a bit bland compared to Healthy Times brown rice cereal. i find that the brown rice cereal has its own fragrance.

Celina

recently i found out that, supermarkets seems to be down on stock for dumex cereal. I went to lotsa diff supermarket but still no stocks.

sherlin

Son loved Heinz since 5 months old till 10 months old and till now 13 months on Nestle fruits cereal.

mm45

Have tried Heinz, Healthy Times, Bellamy, Earth's Best and Happy Bellies. so far, think Happy Bellies tastes the best and comes in convenient canisters. My mum, who takes care of my bb and tasted all the above, prefers it too. Prob is that Happy Bellies can be hard to find in spore.

annie

are these instant bb cereal? how is that different from home made cereals? i always home made..