Cheap Accomodation for Single unmarried mom

JoyBliss

Hi, I'm an unmarried single mom and can't buy a HDB until 6 years later when I turn 35 yrs. I'm staying with my parents now, but there is a furry dog running loose in the house. My parents and siblings do not have intention of maintaining hygenie and cleanliness. And the dog bark whenever he's excited... My sis said I should move out if I'm disagreeable with her dog :embarrassed:

I'm at my ends now... I do not earn much and need a cheap flat for my newborn who is just 17 days old. Any advice is very welcome...

Rgds,
Desperado

asl_6886

hi joybliss,ever seek help from ur mp? perhaps they can help with ur case.. if you stay alone, you also have to look for a babysitter to babysit ur child..all this cost $$$.. so perhaps the mp can find some alternative for you... take care

Catty

Firstly, you can try to apply rental flat from HDB "IF" your income is less than $1,500/mth.

Secondly, you find a MP to write a letter to HDB to proceed your application ASAP "IF" they tell you that you need to wait for 18 months.

As for your case, if you apply under only you and your child name, you can only entitle to rent a 1 room flat, now i'm also staying in a 2 room rental flat, monthly rental is $138 and conservancy is $27 some of the month you just need to pay half of the conservancy only..

Maybe this is the best temporary solution for you..

JoyBliss

17days old is so young...... who is going to help to take care if u dun work?
Hi Wayne's Mama,
I'm dilemma over getting maid or babysitter since I'm being asked to leave the house if I'm not happy. It's the dog now, I can't imagine what else in the future I will be asked to leave again... *sob* I really fear for the psychology impact on my son... He is already growing up fatherless, and now, mummy is constant fighting with the family, who should he listen to, who can he respect?? I very confused if my request to restrain the dog to the kitchen is too much to ask???

JoyBliss

Hi ASL and Catty,
Thanks for the great advice. I've check out the HDB site. My income exceeded 1500 by few k. :( So.. meaning I can only rent from home owners? Most probably is 1 room whole unit since usu. nobody rent to a mom with baby... plus if I get a babysitter for day care only... easily $1300-1500 per month... sigh... how am I going to afford it... :tconfused:

Catty

Hi ASL and Catty,
Thanks for the great advice. I've check out the HDB site. My income exceeded 1500 by few k. :( So.. meaning I can only rent from home owners? Most probably is 1 room whole unit since usu. nobody rent to a mom with baby... plus if I get a babysitter for day care only... easily $1300-1500 per month... sigh... how am I going to afford it... :tconfused:
Maybe you wanna try to get Asia Woman Welfare for help..

Asian Women's Welfare Association

ur pay exceed by few k if is still below 30k annually u are still not eligible to apply for maid....

a day care would cost us easily 500 if u hire a nanny....

If u take home let's say 1500 mthly, by renting a 1room flat outside and hiring a nanny to look after in the day, think is sufficient though saving would not be possible.

exceeded by few k?

which means few k above 1500....that would be a range between 3000 to 4000 a month?

can get a domestic helper, but i guess u are worried about baby's safety ?

As for housing, its quite a big dilemma...but I am sure some landlords are rather understanding... would you like to get a housing agent for help?

i think it's not easy for you to look after bb by urself even with nanny or maid..

i think u can try to talk to ur sister n parents first.try to ask them to b more understanding... hopefully, they will give u more support !!

God bless u and ur bb:Dancing_wub:

chuaeil

Hi, I'm an unmarried single mom and can't buy a HDB until 6 years later when I turn 35 yrs. I'm staying with my parents now, but there is a furry dog running loose in the house. My parents and siblings do not have intention of maintaining hygenie and cleanliness. And the dog bark whenever he's excited... My sis said I should move out if I'm disagreeable with her dog :embarrassed:

I'm at my ends now... I do not earn much and need a cheap flat for my newborn who is just 17 days old. Any advice is very welcome...

Rgds,
Desperado
Hi JoyBliss,
I just saw your post. Can i check with you how much you earn per month and how muth you can affort to rent for the house and are you looking for nanny to look aft you baby? I wish i can help you cos a single mum really not easy.

sby78

hi my situation is almost like u, my girl now is going to 4yrs... maybe u can call me to discuss... ;)
96682699 Angie... i might be able to help u..

elaine81

aiyo , jia lat ah , maybe you need my help ? i can help u look after the baby at daytime , but of cos you must at least pay me a little la ... hehe i live pasir ris , if you interested can pm me , i myself have 2 kids already , 1 is 9 and the other is 7.

mag_huiling

Hi ASL and Catty,
there are landlords who are understanding out there. I got a few friend's who are intending to rent their rooms, PM me if u need one.

i1babes

there are landlords who are understanding out there. I got a few friend's who are intending to rent their rooms, PM me if u need one.
IM so touching all helping mummies here , joybliss hope u soon overcome ur problem by helping mummies here ..gambatte..

:red::red:

Joybliss,

If u can tahan a bit,maybe wait for me to get my 3rm flat at chong pang(yishun) in coming august den i can rent u a room at lower price...as i knw how it's feel. Me now oso renting rm with my wife who expecting on dec. Anyway, drop me a email at calvinsom@yahoo.com.

Ting

hi joybliss, sorry i cant help u in this matter, but am really glad tt all the mummies n daddies r here to help~

*hugs*
hope things get well for u.

JoyBliss

My dearest comrades in my path of a single motherhood,

Thank you very much for leaving your loving thoughts and advices, and even extending a great helping hand in this hour of needs. All of the loving notes touches my heart and it may sound old fashion, but i'm really extremely grateful. Thank you all!

How time flies and 6 month just flew... How fulfilling it is to see the little one grow stronger and bigger everyday. With each day, I notice his character and behavioural pattern shaping and transforming. It is always a new pattern or style he display everyday... 1 smile 1 giggle 1 pouting of lip 1 cry 1 flying kick can send so much joy to the day.

The dog just pass away on Father day, of illness and perhaps of old age as well. And i suppose the grudges btw me and my sis deepen and to the extent of irreversible with its death. I'm still on the lookout for accomodation. But I do agree like one of the advices, it will be tough to be on my own. And MP and HDB really can't help single unmarried mothers like myself... I suppose this is the price of being one in the first place in Singapore. Our beloved govt support and promote a complete family nuclei and I respect that.

Believe it or not, i have just settled down with a nanny after several changes. It has been a crazy 6 mths and thank God He is carrying me through this ordeal. The latest one is coming to 3 weeks, lets hope this is the last one and I dont have to change anymore. Once my life is more stable, I may have to need your helping hand again on the accomodation.

My dear friends, I may not know any of you here, but I can't express more my gratitude to every encouragements, concerns and the strength I draw from reading your messenges. Thank you all, and till then, take care always.

With lots of love and regards,
J & baby

In life,everyone got their own issue to handle. But always believe, god will always help the weak be stronger. And ur baby is a gift from god, so cherish it deeply and fight for happiness for our future.