Chewing on his hands

RRoses

my baby boy is chewing on his hands ALL THE TIME and he doesnt know how to use the pacifier. does that mean that he is hungry & i am not feeding him enough or he just wants to chew on his hands? he's only 2months so i dont think its teething ??

autumn82

my baby boy is chewing on his hands ALL THE TIME and he doesnt know how to use the pacifier. does that mean that he is hungry & i am not feeding him enough or he just wants to chew on his hands? he's only 2months so i dont think its teething ??
Doesn't mean baby smack lips or chew on things means they r hungry.. Prob just a way of soothing himself. Iggy has been putting every single thing he can grab into his mouth since NB until now still like tt. :tlaugh:

RRoses

Doesn't mean baby smack lips or chew on things means they are hungry.. Prob just a way of soothing himself. Iggy has been putting every single thing he can grab into his mouth since NB until now still like that. :tlaugh:
hee could it be because he has itchy gums? do i have to buy the gel to apply on his gums so he can stop chewing and sleep better at night?

SharonTan

My son is 3mths+ and he is like tat recently also.. I also thinking if he is teething.. But i dunno. Sometimes he would take the pacifier, sometimes dun wan. But he sleeps well at night... i think when he wakes up cos of hunger den will start putting his fingers inside his mouth again.

autumn82

hee could it be because he has itchy gums? do i have to buy the gel to apply on his gums so he can stop chewing and sleep better at night?
I don't know but I tried applying it for him, but not much use. He still stuffs everything into his mouth. :tlaugh: He doesn't have problems sleeping in the nite, just that when he's awake, he needs to find things to munch on. I tried giving him pacifier, but instead of sucking on it, he went to munch on the plastic handle or the cover of the pacifier. :001_302:

stonston

sounds like my son! haha.
wot we do is jus keep removing his hand from his mouth n tell him firmly 'no'.

at tt time he was ard 2mths plus. i dun believe in pacifier, so i decided to buy him a teething doll called 'karmi doll'. he loves it! till today he still finds the doll when he wants some comfort (when daddy n mummy r angry with him and he is upset). it's like his comfort toy and he has a special corner to keep his doll nicely :)

uddermummy

where can you get the teething doll? i gave dear daughter the plastic teething toys but she's not int in them.
she enjoys stuffing every other thing into her mouth tho...

stonston

Uddermummy, my hb dun believe in plastic teething toys cos he worried might hurt the child. i bought it online cos it was cheaper online. tink mothercare got sell karmi doll. i've seen other brands/types of teething dolls at kiddy palace also :)