Chicken pox injection?

autumn82

hi all mummies, thank you for all yr advices. ive decided to bring my son for chickenpox jab after his 1st birthday.

however when i spoke to my husband about this, he is not very supportive of the injection. he said his friend who took the jab & endup the pox did not finished within 2weeks but for a year. So i told him everyone's body is different & since his mum takes care of 3kids & 1 of them goes to school, the risk is there. & like what Ting said, not only the kid suffers, we parents also suffer.

anywae i talk to him until i got so fedup endup he said if i want, go ahead & bring our son for the jab.
:err: Chickenpox vaccine is to be taken during 15mths or later.

Chickenpox for a year? So his fren's kid didn't attend sch for a year since it's contagious? :err::err::err:

Agree with luVluV, Keith is still young, somemore with 3kids.. at a higher risk. *pats*

apollo

:err: Chickenpox vaccine is to be taken during 15mths or later.

Chickenpox for a year? So his friend's kid didn't attend sch for a year since it's contagious? :err::err::err:

Agree with luVluV, Keith is still young, somemore with 3kids.. at a higher risk. *pats*
mayb the kid go scratch the chk box den got 'scars' left over the body so the parents tot the kid had chk box for a yr? =P

autumn82

mayb the kid go scratch the chk box then got 'scars' left over the body so the parents thought the kid had chk box for a yr? =P
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:Then the parents must be.. :err::err::err::err: *kuku*

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

stonston

hi all mummies, thank you for all yr advices. ive decided to bring my son for chickenpox jab after his 1st birthday.
Let me tell you my boy's story...

I also decided to let him take the chicken pox vaccine when he turned 15mths. BUT, he caught it a week before our appt. So he had chicken pox. Then doc gave anti viral meds & i gave him some herbal supplements.
It was full blown chicken pox, but minimal discomfort. No fever, no loss of appetite.

I was very worried cos having chicken pox is very dangerous, esp for young children. But everything was ok within a week :) So doc said, no need to take vaccine!
God wants me to save money, hahaha!

My sister actually took the vaccine after spots started to appear (I have no idea why the doc suggested that & why my parents agreed), but hers was only a few days and it went away.

apollo

Let me tell you my boy's story...

I also decided to let him take the chicken pox vaccine when he turned 15mths. BUT, he caught it a week before our appt. So he had chicken pox. Then doc gave anti viral meds & i gave him some herbal supplements.
It was full blown chicken pox, but minimal discomfort. No fever, no loss of appetite.

I was very worried cos having chicken pox is very dangerous, esp for young children. But everything was ok within a week :) So doc said, no need to take vaccine!
God wants me to save money, hahaha!

My sister actually took the vaccine after spots started to appear (I have no idea why the doc suggested that & why my parents agreed), but hers was only a few days and it went away.
dearie, hw ur boy 'managed' to catch chk box when he was so young? tt time he haven started going CC right? even at hm also will kanna??

Ting

i also kena chix pox when i was young, think p1 or p2.
then spread to my sis n also my cousins. all 7 of us kenna.
:p

btw, everyone differs. when i was hving chix pox, i felt weak all over, head very heavy for the first week..
but my sisters were diff, they still can play n jump abt..
so i think it differs from ppl to ppl.

potato

Hm.. i check my card, it says that my gal is suppose to take the chicken pox jab at 14 months, but now that she is 15 months, can she take her MMR first? As for chicken pox jab, how many jabs does she need to take? Thanks alot.. :)

autumn82

Hm.. i check my card, it says that my gal is suppose to take the chicken pox jab at 14 months, but now that she is 15 months, can she take her MMR first? As for chicken pox jab, how many jabs does she need to take? Thanks alot.. :)
Shouldn't be a problem to take MMR coz chickenpox vaccine is optional. :) Only 1 jab is required for chickenpox vaccine.

apollo

i think can take later. cos i rmb asking my cousin b4 when her son was more than 15mths, and she said he haven took chk box vaccine tt time, so i think shd be okay. mayb u wanna ask ur pd for advice?

autumn82

i think can take later. cos i rmb asking my cousin before when her son was more than 15mths, and she said he have not took chk box vaccine that time, so i think should be okay. mayb you wanna ask your pediatrician for advice?
Should be fine to take later coz I let Belle take only when she was 3yrs++.. LOL. :p

My girl took the chicken pox vaccine at 15mths. Recently she took the chicken pox booster shot at 28mths. PD said that it is recommended for kids to take the booster shot.

I was told that the 2nd shot can be combined with another jab they are supposed to take at P1 so that they dun need to take it then. But i opted to just take the booster shot and not the 2-in-1 coz for the 2-in-1 there's a possibility of developing fever. My girl almost ALWAYS get fever after shots...

when my boy on 18mnths, he doing mmr vaccine together with chckn pox.
if you intend to give yr girl chckn pox vaccine, doctor will do only in 1 jab, because now they have a new combine vaccine MMR with chickn pox its called Priorix Tetra something-something (hahahaha i forgotten the exact name lah). :001_302: