Child Care or Playgroup?

mag_huiling

I'm thinking of letting my girl go for playgroup in abt 2mths time when she turns 18 mths. But making comparisons, child care (after subsidies) seems like only about 100-200 difference.

My research is Playgroup $135/mth, CC $290/mth(after sub, full-day). Currently, my girl is under nanny's care paying about $500/mth.

Any advices?

dflora

my recommendation is to quickly find a school or centre soon. Many schools are already full or on wait list for Jan enrolment.

This is what happened when I tried to look for school for my 18mth old son 2 months back. The schools with walking distance from my home are full or on wait list. I got no choice but to enrol him into one which he has to take school bus.(added cost). And furthermore the fees are much higher.. no choice...

Be prepared for the 1st week... Today was my son's first day and he cried his lungs out... as parents, we felt very heart pain but no choice. hopefully, he can settle down real soon.. otherwise going to school everyday will be agonising for both young kid and we parents... sigh...

camom

If i am not mistaken, playgroups not under ccc are like 2-3 hourly per day? If yes, then u need to decide on your before/after sch care, eg continue to engage nanny if you are working fulltime. For playgroup classes in ccc, it's full day, inclusive of meals and such, hence they tend to be more exp than just playgroup classes.

diymummy

If I am a sahm, I would opt for a 2-3 hr playgroup because during that time, it is "intensive" learning. But since I am a ftwm, I have to choose a ccc playgroup. I find that for ccc playgroup, a lot of time is wasted on "crowd control", eg, bathing, eating and napping. IMO, I feel that a 2-3hr focused playgroup would help give your kid a "world view" of what future classes would be like.

But, that's just my opinion.

mag_huiling

my recommendation is to quickly find a school or centre soon. Many schools are already full or on wait list for Jan enrolment.

This is what happened when I tried to look for school for my 18mth old son 2 months back. The schools with walking distance from my home are full or on wait list. I got no choice but to enrol him into one which he has to take school bus.(added cost). And furthermore the fees are much higher.. no choice...

Be prepared for the 1st week... Today was my son's first day and he cried his lungs out... as parents, we felt very heart pain but no choice. hopefully, he can settle down real soon.. otherwise going to school everyday will be agonising for both young kid and we parents... sigh...
I went to the Talent Plus Playgroup in my area this morning. They told me the vacancies is filling fast. Makes me kinda worried. Because of vacancies filling fast, then make a decision, and regret if anything happens. Or make a slow decisions and lose the vacancies. *Contradicting*

But this morning, I brought my girl along, she just mixed into the group and played with them, and NOT wanting to leave! LOL!! Wonder if it's a good sign.....

If i am not mistaken, playgroups not under ccc are like 2-3 hourly per day? If yes, then you need to decide on your before/after sch care, eg continue to engage nanny if you are working fulltime. For playgroup classes in ccc, it's full day, inclusive of meals and such, hence they tend to be more exp than just playgroup classes.
Yes. it's only a 2 hour programme. If 2 hour program, i needa continue engaing nanny, which means extra expenses of 100+ per month.

if ccc, i need to only engage nanny to fetch her from ccc at 7 and prepare her dinner (as i knock off at 7 too). expenses will be about the same. but afraid that my girl might not be able to get used in the environment as she's used to being under the care of nanny since 1+mth.

CanCanMum

I'm thinking of letting my girl go for playgroup in about 2mths time when she turns 18 mths. But making comparisons, child care (after subsidies) seems like only about 100-200 difference.

My research is Playgroup $135/month, CC $290/month(after sub, full-day). Currently, my girl is under nanny's care paying about $500/month.

Any advices?
IF u gonna put baby wif nanny for long term, den go for Playgroup. Coz after tat will be Nursery, K1, K2 etc etc.

If u thinking of putting baby in CCC without Nanny, den go for CCC. CCC has playgroup all the way till K2, some even provide Before and After School care, i think its till Primary 6 if i m not wrong.

Baber's CCC oso got kids about 18months, yesh they cry alot initially but after a few weeks time, they are adjusting very well!!!

mag_huiling

most prob going for playgroup. If going for ccc, i still needa engage nanny, unless i change to a 9-6 job.

Btw, anyone knows if playgroup. Usually they dont have classes in june and dec, but do we still needa pay for this 2 months?

apollo

most prob going for playgroup. If going for ccc, i still needa engage nanny, unless i change to a 9-6 job.

Btw, anyone knows if playgroup. Usually they dont have classes in june and dec, but do we still needa pay for this 2 months?
if going to CC still nd nanny, den i rather u go for PG. if i'm not wrong, still hav to pay for the fees bahh.. their sch fees is term by term right?

mag_huiling

i searched talent plus playgroup, they go by monthly basis. Another one is by term. As what nanny told me, her grandchildren who attended pg (on term basis de), pay even when during the holidays.

apollo

i searched talent plus playgroup, they go by monthly basis. Another one is by term. As what nanny told me, her grandchildren who attended pg (on term basis ), pay even when during the holidays.
i think nd lehhh.. i not v sure though, but like sch bus, even sch holiday also have to pay (during my time).. hahaha!

jxmummy

i registered my 18 months plus girl to Talent plus playgroup, it's located beside my blk. im a full time working mum, though i have my mil to look after for me, but i think it's time to let her interact with other children and mix around =)

CanCanMum

Baber's PG goes by Term, and they follow the School HOls.

Meaning per term (10 weeks) u pay, Baber's time was $330 per term. Within the first week when the school term starts, u will need pay for the fees for tat term (10weeks), so on and so forth....

I only remembered PCF (N1, N2, K1, K2) we need pay for school fees even for June and Dec hols.

Playgroup time no need deposit, just pay for uniform, materials and the fees. (Tots House)

Last edited:

mag_huiling

i think need lehhh.. i not very sure though, but like sch bus, even sch holiday also have to pay (during my time).. hahaha!
i heard now school bus also needa pay even during holidays! haha.. time haven't change, or rather, we're still not that old! LOL~

i registered my 18 months plus girl to Talent plus playgroup, it's located beside my blk. im a full time working mum, though i have my mother in law to look after for me, but i think it's time to let her interact with other children and mix around =)
thats what im thinking too. as she have nobody to play with unless nanny's grandchildren drop by.

Talent plus playgroup counts by monthly basis for their fees, so holidays like june and december need to pay? Can pay using cda account?

Baber's PG goes by Term, and they follow the School HOls.

Meaning per term (10 weeks) you pay, Baber's time was $330 per term. Within the first week when the school term starts, you will need pay for the fees for that term (10weeks), so on and so forth....

I only remembered PCF (N1, N2, K1, K2) we need pay for school fees even for June and Dec hols.

Playgroup time no need deposit, just pay for uniform, materials and the fees. (Tots House)
i found one which pay by term. $385/term. Deposit $100. But cannot pay using the cda acct... meaning i have to pay in full CASH.

jxmummy

Talent plus playgroup cannot use CDA, have to pay either cash or cheque. when the in-charge called me up regarding the registration, upon orientation, u hav to pay $135 for jan 2011, $95 for 6 months material fees, $45 for 2 sets of uniform & 1 bag, and another $135 for dec 2011, i have not ask what's that for because i'm in a rush, so gotta hang up the phone 1st, haa! but when it comes to orientation, i will ask the in-charge again.

Porukadotzu

i registered my 2yo at talentplus pine close and just started on 4th jan

monthly fee S$135
December fee S$ 135 (althou december only 2week class but pay full)
Material fee S$95 (for 6mth)
Uniform/bag S$ 45 (one time only)
so total for january payment is = S$ 410

can't use cda =)

now if im not lost count 7 kids in class...but maybe will add up more along the way..hehe...
the teachers are great...they very care for each kid that cry out loud during the first days..(my girl is d most trouble hehe)

raeka

I'm a stay home mum. I give my boy to study In PCF pre nusery. 2 hr daily.
Can be deduced from CDA acc .
Monthly is $171-20/-
Just need to buy uniform .