Child Fever

redjn

Dear Mummies out there. Can anyone of u advise how frequent is your child sick? That cover "fever" "cough" and Flu or running nose. what do u do before deciding to take child for medical attention?

I am kind of lost, my boy had been too frequently sick (on average every 3 weeks) especally on the above mentioned 3 sickness. just 2 week ago he had F,C,F & still under recovering fm his cough & running nose & now today fever again. sigh ~~~~ :mhissyfit:

Ting

if your son is falling sick so frequently, then i think u probably need to find the cause of it.
too much snacks n candies?? not enough slp n fluids? night time nvr cover blankie??
all these accumulate to the cause of colds.
fever is actually a sign to tell u something is wrong at some part of your body..
eg, throat infection.

for me, i hv fever/cough/flu medicine at home for pin.
1st day of fever, i will give her fever meds, if by next day it doesnt subside, wil bring her to the doc.
as of cough, i will wait 2-3 days to see if it gets better. minimise her snacks n give her more fluids.
if it gets worst, will bring her to the doc.

diymummy

My boy is at infant care and over 2 months he was down with throat infection twice.

Doc gave him a flu vaccine and so far he's ok. Just cough cough here and there. Still got phlegm but I think the symptoms will take a while to subside.

Maybe you'd like to bring your boy back to the PD for another assessment regarding health and sickness prevention?

Notice from your ticker that your boy is 3 years +. How's his diet? Does he like fruits and vege?

Maybe you might also want to consider multi vits?

apollo

ds used to fall ill many times when he was 2-4mths++... until 5th mth until now (nearly 7mth old) still okay...

tt time he ill, recover 3-4days ill AGAIN!! the longest interval he didnt get ill i think is nearly 2 weeks only...

pd advised us not to bring him to crowded places until he is older and make sure anyone who is ill, stay clear of him. we also clean the hse esp his room EVERYDAY...

Phoebii Cheng

Who is your son's primary caregiver?

If your son's in the CC, most probably he will get sick pretty often....my son too he is in infant care since young, now he is in PG, often get sick every mth hv to see PD once or twice.....

but now it is getting better, maybe he has build up his immune system....so far he has not gotten any of the above this month

And yeah, consider multi vits.....or take chinese medicine, I intend to bring my son to see the TMC recommended by my sis, my nephew after taking the chinese med to "tiao" the body, he seldom fall sick nowadays....and he has grown more plump eating well too

Normally for fever, I will wait a day or two, cos' I have children panadol at home...if dun recover, or goes way above 38 deg, then will bring to see PD

For cough & cold , I oso hv the med at home, normally if the cough is phlemgy then will observe 1st if gets worse then bring to see PD esp if affecting his appetite, applies too for fever

camom

Actually Fever is not a sickness, it' a reaction by your body to some virus or bacteria. If my child is less than 1 year old, I will bring to the doc immediately if there's fever. If over 1 year old, I will see how high the fever is and if my child is still active. Anything higher than 38 Deg C, we go straight to the doc. Anything higher than 39 Deg C & if my child is listless, we go straight to KKH Children Emergency. Of course if my child is listless and feverish, I will send to the doc no matter how low grade the fever is. My son is certified to be allergic to paracetamol so sponging/warm baths + brufen (for high fever) is our only solution.

Did your child just start school? If yes, it is quite normal to fall sick frequently in the 1st 6 mths. For my elder kid, so long as she does not have fever, we prefer to rely on TCM when she is sick.

siongnelly

if your son is falling sick so frequently, then i think you probably need to find the cause of it.
too much snacks n candies?? not enough sleep n fluids? night time never cover blankie??
all these accumulate to the cause of colds.
fever is actually a sign to tell you something is wrong at some part of your body..
eg, throat infection.

My boy is at infant care and over 2 months he was down with throat infection twice.

Doc gave him a flu vaccine and so far he's ok. Just cough cough here and there. Still got phlegm but I think the symptoms will take a while to subside.

Maybe you'd like to bring your boy back to the pediatrician for another assessment regarding health and sickness prevention?

Notice from your ticker that your boy is 3 years +. How's his diet? Does he like fruits and vege?

Maybe you might also want to consider multi vits?

Vitamin C tooo.......

Did you let him to sleep in air-con?

ya, maybe its tooo cold...

Actually Fever is not a sickness, it' a reaction by your body to some virus or bacteria. If my child is less than 1 year old, I will bring to the doc immediately if there's fever. If over 1 year old, I will see how high the fever is and if my child is still active. Anything higher than 38 Deg C, we go straight to the doc. Anything higher than 39 Deg C & if my child is listless, we go straight to Kandang Kerbau Hospital Children Emergency. Of course if my child is listless and feverish, I will send to the doc no matter how low grade the fever is. My son is certified to be allergic to paracetamol so sponging/warm baths + brufen (for high fever) is our only solution.

Did your child just start school? If yes, it is quite normal to fall sick frequently in the 1st 6 mths. For my elder kid, so long as she does not have fever, we prefer to rely on traditional chinese medicine when she is sick.
My comments are in blue :)

As parent, we need to learn alot about how to take care of our child health....
Normally i rather give my son vitamins than any medication.

Take care :)