Chit Chat for MTB in 1st trimester

Hiya ladies, just wondering how u ladies deal with morning sickness?? Sometimes it gets so strong that I can't stand to stomach everything :( but when it's just slight nausea, it gets better once I eat something light... It's kinda screwed up, no? :err:

chrish

Hiya ladies, just wondering how u ladies deal with morning sickness?? Sometimes it gets so strong that I can't stand to stomach everything :( but when it's just slight nausea, it gets better once I eat something light... It's kinda screwed up, no? :err:
Hi Moonjellie! For me, my MS is rather manageable..but when it comes, i'll try not to think abt it..then take something like warm milk or some small pieces of bread, or even some oranges (i feel the smell of oranges-citrus make it better) or a sour plum...i'll have these ready on hand when it comes..so far ok...i didn't puke...

I think the impt thing is not to have empty stomach cos it's acidic and causes reflux..eat something...how many weeks are you now :)

Thanks for the tips chrish! I'm just 6 weeks so I didn't think ms wld hit me dat hard... Yea, that's the weird thing. Food actually soothes the nausea when I can stomach it! How far along are u? :)

chrish

moonjellie, not to scare you..some ladies i've read abt have MS all the way thru their pregnancy! But mostly MS will peak in week 10 or 11, then taper off in trimester 2 .. but it's all individual lah..cos different ppl different bodies..

I am 8 week now exactly :) Have you decided/found any gyne yet not? When's your 1st scan?

Thanks for the tips chrish! I'm just 6 weeks so I didn't think ms wld hit me dat hard... Yea, that's the weird thing. Food actually soothes the nausea when I can stomach it! How far along are u? :)

zaclin29

Zaclin, i've already done a pte blog since a few years back while i was ttcing...but what you've suggested is interesting as well, as it's a great way to document and record your pregnancy journey on paper :)
Wow! A blog is good especially u started writing from TTC-ing onwards... It's much more interesting to read the journey from beginning! :)

mrsliaw

Hi all mummies. i'm in my first tri as well,should be around 6 weeks this wk. going for
my first scan on 14th Jan.

i feel perfectly fine,no MS and etc. Making me a bit worried :embarrassed:

chrish

Zaclin a paper journal is also good cos if guests come and visit, can 'show' them and talk abt lol

Wow! A blog is good especially u started writing from TTC-ing onwards... It's much more interesting to read the journey from beginning! :)

chrish

Hey welcome and congrats! My symptoms are also very mild..so don't worry, bb should be fine..just wait for the scan to see :)

Hi all mummies. i'm in my first tri as well,should be around 6 weeks this wk. going for

Hi chrish, I hope not! But I do notice if I eat small meals regularly I can keep the nausea at bay. I had my week 5 scan last week & saw a little gestation sac :) will be going for my week 7 scan to chk for heartbeat next week! I have a gynae whom I've been goin to for years so I'm sticking with her. 8 weeks.... Wow, you're just 1 more mth away to your second trimester! I can't wait to get there myself too! :D

Dun worry mrsliaw, you might be one of those symptom free lucky ladies! Or maybe it will all hit you in the next few weeks! How's your 1st scan? :)

chrish

Hehe good that you've gotten to know at least how your body reacts and how to counter it..cos everyone is different :) So excited your scan is soon! Mine i don't know when again as i have yet to call my gynae ..will do so next week..wah i didn't think of it until you said...now im getting a tad nervous! LOL

Hi chrish, I hope not! But I do notice if I eat small meals regularly I can keep the nausea at bay. I had my week 5 scan last week & saw a little gestation sac :) will be going for my week 7 scan to chk for heartbeat next week! I have a gynae whom I've been goin to for years so I'm sticking with her. 8 weeks.... Wow, you're just 1 more mth away to your second trimester! I can't wait to get there myself too! :D

Hard to say its good or bad... I'm eating so many small meals a day I'm getting sick of food and I have a feeling I'll turn into a big round ball before the end of 9 months! T.T worse still, my hubby refuse to let me exercise at all for fear of accident....
Oh! your gynae didn't tell you when he would need to scan you again? That's curious... I thot the doctors would always state when they will next see you again. Dun be nervous! Your "dangerous" period is almost over! :D

Hehe good that you've gotten to know at least how your body reacts and how to counter it..cos everyone is different :) So excited your scan is soon! Mine i don't know when again as i have yet to call my gynae ..will do so next week..wah i didn't think of it until you said...now im getting a tad nervous! LOL

June2012

Dear all mom-to-be,

Anybody experience cramp? like sharp cramp that last only a while? Back pain?

I am in the 5th week, no MS yet but having cramp at the tummy and back area. Is this normal?

Hi june2012, I was also having quite a bit of cramping at 4-5 weeks. But it comes & goes. I asked my gynae abt it and she said its normal to have a bit of cramping. As long as there's no bleeding, u shd be ok. Have you gone or a scan yet? :)

Dear all mom-to-be,

Anybody experience cramp? like sharp cramp that last only a while? Back pain?

I am in the 5th week, no MS yet but having cramp at the tummy and back area. Is this normal?

I thought and my pregnancy application (according to my past 2 edd) shown that I suppose to be in week 12 but when I went for my gynae checkup, U/S show that am already week 13. Really don't understand. So now I week 12 or 13?

chrish

System is different than in SIngapore (im located overseas) but just got message that i'll be seeing the midwife on 30th Jan...but no scans...they don't recommend scans here too often :(

Hard to say its good or bad... I'm eating so many small meals a day I'm getting sick of food and I have a feeling I'll turn into a big round ball before the end of 9 months! T.T worse still, my hubby refuse to let me exercise at all for fear of accident....
Oh! your gynae didn't tell you when he would need to scan you again? That's curious... I thot the doctors would always state when they will next see you again. Dun be nervous! Your "dangerous" period is almost over! :D

chrish

I don't think we have a clue...why not ask your gynae to be sure...

I thought and my pregnancy application (according to my past 2 edd) shown that I suppose to be in week 12 but when I went for my gynae checkup, U/S show that am already week 13. Really don't understand. So now I week 12 or 13?

Snowgal

understand that the scan is an estimation of +/- 7 days.
sometimes its kind of confusing, isn't it..