Chit Chat for MTB in 1st trimester

felicity

hi everyone.

wanna ask, how long into your pregnancy did you find out that you are pregnant?

my last period was mid nov, and i tested positive yesterday. i wasn't even bothered because i had irregular menstruation cycles, until the last week when i feel constantly uncomfortable, bloated, nausea and tired, so i did a test. b4 that i have been clubbing, drinking, eating all sorts of unhealthy junk, drinking lots of cold juices... i wonder how much i have to do to compensate for the harm i have caused :07:

chrish

Hi Felicity,

i knew rather early say a month..cos i miss my period and it has been pretty regular..when is your 1st day of your last period? that will determine your EDD..are you a heavy drinker? say hard liquor? You should go see a gynae soon and meantime, stay away from booze and smoke (even 2nd hand smoke) take folate and multivits now + eat a well balanced diet...it's at least a start to do for your bb...

hi everyone.

wanna ask, how long into your pregnancy did you find out that you are pregnant?

my last period was mid nov, and i tested positive yesterday. i wasn't even bothered because i had irregular menstruation cycles, until the last week when i feel constantly uncomfortable, bloated, nausea and tired, so i did a test. before that i have been clubbing, drinking, eating all sorts of unhealthy junk, drinking lots of cold juices... i wonder how much i have to do to compensate for the harm i have caused :07:

Oic... Maybe it's a blessing in disguise too. I'm seeing my gynae every so often - every 2-3 weeks that my wallet is bleeding! Lol....

System is different than in SIngapore (im located overseas) but just got message that i'll be seeing the midwife on 30th Jan...but no scans...they don't recommend scans here too often :(

felicity

Hi Felicity,

i knew rather early say a month..cos i miss my period and it has been pretty regular..when is your 1st day of your last period? that will determine your EDD..are you a heavy drinker? say hard liquor? You should go see a gynae soon and meantime, stay away from booze and smoke (even 2nd hand smoke) take folate and multivits now + eat a well balanced diet...it's at least a start to do for your baby...

thank you chrish!

i'm not a heavy drinker. i have been clubbing more recently because of christmas and new year, the festive season. i don't club regularly at other times of the year. my period is very irregular, i can wait anytime from 1 to 3 months per cycle, so i wasn't bothered for missing just one in december. i will see gynae after these 2 days... guess no clinic is open during cny holidays?

chrish

hehe but that's the way to see for ourselves that bb is developing well and growing as he/she should..so it's wise money spent! :)

Oic... Maybe it's a blessing in disguise too. I'm seeing my gynae every so often - every 2-3 weeks that my wallet is bleeding! Lol....

chrish

I see..wow..that's lucky in a way..cos i know of women who have difficulty conceiving as their periods are very irregular..I think not these 2 days..maybe tomorrow can try to call and book appt :) But think from what you said your last period is sometime in nov, that means you might be in your 10+ weeks...

thank you chrish!

i'm not a heavy drinker. i have been clubbing more recently because of christmas and new year, the festive season. i don't club regularly at other times of the year. my period is very irregular, i can wait anytime from 1 to 3 months per cycle, so i wasn't bothered for missing just one in december. i will see gynae after these 2 days... guess no clinic is open during cny holidays?

felicity

I see..wow..that's lucky in a way..cos i know of women who have difficulty conceiving as their periods are very irregular..I think not these 2 days..maybe tomorrow can try to call and book appt :) But think from what you said your last period is sometime in nov, that means you might be in your 10+ weeks...
yes. at the beginning i still find it hard to accept as i was only recently having so much fun clubbing etc... suddenly a huge commitment and a lot of things cannot do. but come to think about it, i'm really lucky. actually hubby and i been ttc for a year, hubby was considering sending me to see TCM practitioner to 'tiao' (tune?!) my body. a lot of ppl trying for dragon baby and i got it, so must cherish =) will call tmr morning for appt!

Hi all mummies and mummies-to-be...

First time for me too and I believe I'm between 4 weeks to 6 weeks.
Only got to know the news on the eve of CNY eve...

Have not done my first scan as not sure which gyne should we go. Any suggestion?

Where are you staying? You are just going for the 1st checkup and wouldn't be continuing with the doctor or subsequent visit will be the same doctor?

As for mine, as am afraid of eptopic pregnancy, I went to kovan Dr Phua for my 1st check, pretty affordable and for subsequent/fix doctor, I went Dr Teo at balestier plaza.

Where are you staying? You are just going for the 1st checkup and wouldn't be continuing with the doctor or subsequent visit will be the same doctor?

As for mine, as am afraid of eptopic pregnancy, I went to kovan Dr Phua for my 1st check, pretty affordable and for subsequent/fix doctor, I went Dr Teo at balestier plaza.
Hi Diamondfericia,

I'm staying at Jurong. You?

I'll prolly stay with the same doctor. Do not want my doctor not knowing much things about my baby and myself. hehee..
Heard from my colleagues that male doctor is better compared to female ones?

Dilys

Have not done my first scan as not sure which gyne should we go. Any suggestion?
Hi ..

Congrats... ! ;) Where r u staying?

zaclin29

For my 1st visit, i just went to a random women's clinic at Ting Bahru Plaza.. but didnt continue with the place...
It is just to do a simple scanning and check everything is ok...
Advise you not to go too early... Maybe after Wk 6 is better.... :)

Dilys

For my 1st visit, i just went to a random women's clinic at Ting Bahru Plaza.. but didnt continue with the place...
It is just to do a simple scanning and check everything is ok...
Advise you not to go too early... Maybe after Wk 6 is better.... :)
Usually it 1st visit will be just simple scanning...& given some folic acid. Well.. best to visit a gynae asap when you are test positive !

Hi Diamondfericia,

I'm staying at Jurong. You?

I'll prolly stay with the same doctor. Do not want my doctor not knowing much things about my baby and myself. hehee..
Heard from my colleagues that male doctor is better compared to female ones?
Am staying in sengkang. Yes, what I heard is male doctor is better as compared to female, but depend on individuals. Jocelyn wong from TMC is good too but her waiting time is really a headache to me.

June2012

Hi june2012, I was also having quite a bit of cramping at 4-5 weeks. But it comes & goes. I asked my gynae about it and she said its normal to have a bit of cramping. As long as there's no bleeding, you should be ok. Have you gone or a scan yet? :)
Hi Moonjellie,yes I did go for scan at week 5, the gynae saw some blood clot but say it's normal, is it?

By the way, I am in week 6 now, though feel nauseous and want to vomit, but always end up only air. Any mommies experience the same?

Dilys

Am staying in sengkang. Yes, what I heard is male doctor is better as compared to female, but depend on individuals. Jocelyn wong from TMC is good too but her waiting time is really a headache to me.
Ya male gynae are gentle, understanding than female gynae. Male gynae are more careful,did fast & nicer stitches than female. :)

Dilys

Hi Moonjellie,yes I did go for scan at week 5, the gynae saw some blood clot but say it's normal, is it?

By the way, I am in week 6 now, though feel nauseous and want to vomit, but always end up only air. Any mommies experience the same?
Hi

For bloodclot, gynae should have given u some med. no carrying of heavy stuff, don't walk too much.
Try to have more meals but small meals each time. Try to burp out after every meal u will feel better

June2012

Hi

For bloodclot, gynae should have given you some med. no carrying of heavy stuff, dont't walk too much.
Try to have more meals but small meals each time. Try to burp out after every meal you will feel better

Hi Dilys,

Thanks for your reply. Gynae didn't give me any special med, just folic acid and utrogestron, then send me off and told me to rest a lot. That's about it.

Hope everything turns out ok on the next scan :)

Dilys

Hi Dilys,

Thanks for your reply. Gynae didn't give me any special med, just folic acid and utrogestron, then send me off and told me to rest a lot. That's about it.

Hope everything turns out ok on the next scan :)
Hi June

Utrogeston helps ur bloodclot ! Just listen to ur gynae rest well ! Be positive everything will be fine ! Oh 1st trimester strictly no tonic & no herbal soup !

felicity

hi Queen! congrats~!

me too, just did my test on the even of CNY eve! went to see a gynae just now for the first scan... baby is estimated to be 8+ weeks old already, wow!

was given florxine, doc says its folic acid + vit b6 to help reduce nauseating feeling as i also tend to feel pukish at all time, although didn't really puke.