cleaning of breastpump and storage of EBM

foreveris

Hi mummies,

Is it necessary to wash my breastpump every time after pumping. Currently, I leaving my ameda breastpump on the table and only washing and sterilising it once a day. Is this ok?

My gal is currently drinking abt 100 to 120ml per feed. I'm storing my EBM at 120ml and have abt one week stock in my fridge. Do I need to store at larger volume (eg 150ml) in anticipation of larger appetite in future? (I'm returning to work in 1.5 months time..

chiro

advise u to wash the pump attachments after every pump as milk fats, have to be removed or cleaned properly.

Some mothers soak them in real hot water after every use wifout steriliing

Even now, when i workin i still wash n sterilise them.. Other mummies will share wif u their processes respectively..

120ml is a good size for storage..some online advisory will say tat store im bags of 80ml or so to mimimise waste as sometimes can b used for snacks...
Hi mummies,

Is it necessary to wash my breastpump every time after pumping. Currently, I leaving my ameda breastpump on the table and only washing and sterilising it once a day. Is this ok?

My gal is currently drinking about 100 to 120ml per feed. I'm storing my EBM at 120ml and have about one week stock in my fridge. Do I need to store at larger volume (eg 150ml) in anticipation of larger appetite in future? (I'm returning to work in 1.5 months time..

pinkytham

!! its better to wash it after every wash =D
Pls store wateva milk tat u haf its really precious...after i went back work found that my milk supply decreased tremendously becus my jobscope cannot afford to let me go pump..... so nw mixing formula and bmilk in a day =D

Hi mummies,

My gal is currently drinking about 100 to 120ml per feed. I'm storing my EBM at 120ml and have about one week stock in my fridge. Do I need to store at larger volume (eg 150ml) in anticipation of larger appetite in future? (I'm returning to work in 1.5 months time..

stonston

I wash & sterilise after every use. Reason being milk is extremely nutritious, esp for bacteria! & it'll accumulate if you do not sterilise your pump after washing. & i'll rinse with hot water before I use again (it's quite nice when the funnel is warm cos it helps in letdown).

snowbear

I'd recommend that you wash the pump and sterilise the parts after each pumping session for hygiene purposes.

How old is your bb now? If you have quite a lot of milk and have no milk supply issues, storing in 150ml for future use is fine.

foreveris

thanks mummies, think I better practise better hygience..
my bb is now 5 weeks old.. how much more will her appetitie increase? think i continue with the 120ml storage first..