Clearing of bowels before delivery

jaslim

I heard that we will be given something to make us pass motion before delivery.
Any idea how is the procedure? Is it let us eat some laxatives only?
Thanks!:D

303jun

Hi Jaslim, for me it's a pill inserted into the anus and few min later will go toilet to clear. If delivery took too long like mine, I ate some food so in the end had 2nd pill inserted. :D

lyra

Yes, insert pill in anus. I was afraid about the procedure at first but it's very simple n very quickly, I felt stomach churning n went toilet.

cutekitty

Mine was a bottle of liquid with a nozzle. Nurse squeeze through the Hole n press a few times. The diarrhoea feeling came after a min. She ask me to try n hold at least 5 min. Hard to tolerate. I pace up n down the delivery room. Think less than 4 min, I zoom into toilet n released everything. No pain at all n it was so funny. Lol..

pinksnow8

Upon admission i changed into the gown, the nurse shaved the pubic area, and insert fleet enema into my anus to clear bowels. It is a bottle of liquid with a nozzle on top, inserted into the anus and squirt the liquid in. After 5 mins I ran to the toilet to poop. In fact while waiting in the observation ward, all mums who came in was given enema and after that its like making a 100m dash to the toilet.

JacTan

I heard that we will be given something to make us pass motion before delivery.
Any idea how is the procedure? Is it let us eat some laxatives only?
Thanks!:D
Nothing was given to me and I wasn't even asked either. Luckily nothing embarrass happened :shyxxx:

Jojoai

Mine was liquid it was quite uncomfortable but after inserted almost immediately I had to use the toilet. & it was very loud and embarrassing !!!

michellelim

The nurse will insert Fleet Enema into the anus and squirt in the saline liquid. We will have the urge to poo after 5 minutes.
Make sure the toilet is not occupied as the urge is very intense!

IMG_3705 2.jpg

michellelim

Hi, after the nurse inserted the enema nozzle into my anus, she pumped in the liquid and I felt a gush of cooling water into my intestine. Then after 5 mins, I got the urge to poo and rushed to the toilet. After delivery, I could not poo because of the stitches, so before I was discharged, the nurse inserted a Dulcolax pill into my anus and after 30 mins I cleared my bowels.

Thanks for sharing. How did you feel after they insert this thing into your anus?