Clothings at TMC

Heard from a friend that TMC does not provide hospital wear for us and we have to bring our own for the stay. Is it true?

yellowpudding

Heard from a friend that Thomson Medical Center does not provide hospital wear for us and we have to bring our own for the stay. Is it true?
They do provide the blue cotton tie at the back type gowns for you to wear during delivery. However if you are intending to have a bath (which is like what I did after delivery), you will have to bring your own clothing. :)

bellerichez

They do provide the blue cotton tie at the back type gowns for you to wear during delivery. However if you are intending to have a bath (which is like what I did after delivery), you will have to bring your own clothing. :)

Oh. i would like to check with you hor, what type of clothes u bring? I totally got no idea leh. Wanna buy also dunno what kind to buy. But i dont want to spend too much cos its only a 2day stay.

autumn82

Oh. i would like to check with you , what type of clothes you bring? I totally got no idea . Wanna buy also dont know what kind to buy. But i dont want to spend too much cos its only a 2day stay.
U can just bring what u usually wear at home during sleep? If u're gonna bf, get those gown with front buttons. I bought mine at Mothercare (Moda) coz I opt for C-sect, so I prefer no trousers, just gown type.

bellerichez

you can just bring what you usually wear at home during sleep? If you're gonna bf, get those gown with front buttons. I bought mine at Mothercare (Moda) coz I opt for C-sect, so I prefer no trousers, just gown type.
At home i sleep with T-shirt & FBT shorts. So i don't think can wear that in hospital after giving birth. Ya, looking for gown with front buttons. I think i'll need to go down to chinatown take a look. My sis say that side got many gowns.

autumn82

At home i sleep with T-shirt & FBT shorts. So i dont't think can wear that in hospital after giving birth. Ya, looking for gown with front buttons. I think i'll need to go down to chinatown take a look. My sis say that side got many gowns.
Erm, if u are following strict confinement rules, then u have to wrap yourself like a mummy after birth.. :001_302: So no shorts.. :p
Ya, heard one of the mommies saying CK has alot of cheap and comfy ones too. :)

bellerichez

Erm, if you are following strict confinement rules, then you have to wrap yourself like a mummy after birth.. :001_302: So no shorts.. :p
Ya, heard one of the mommies saying CK has alot of cheap and comfy ones too. :)

okay thanks. Will go and take a look at CK department too =)

yellowpudding

Oh. i would like to check with you , what type of clothes you bring? I totally got no idea . Wanna buy also dont know what kind to buy. But i dont want to spend too much cos its only a 2day stay.
hi dear, really depends on whether you will be doing a c section or natural delivery and also whether you are intending to breastfeed?

for breastfeeding, you may need to get those front buttons down tops.
for c section, you may prefer gowns so that your wound area will not have any pressure from trousers

:)

PinkDiamonds

For me I advise gown as you will be bleeding and leaking. Even though got pad, but I still felt very uncomfortable. Easier to go toilet also. I was wearing those cute-sy pattern type of gowns pajamas (like those kids) with front buttons to BF. If you can't find can just pull up the gown. Make yourself feel at home. LOL

bellerichez

hi dear, really depends on whether you will be doing a c section or natural delivery and also whether you are intending to breastfeed?

for breastfeeding, you may need to get those front buttons down tops.
for c section, you may prefer gowns so that your wound area will not have any pressure from trousers

:)
Oic. Thanks. But i feel those gown type is easier cos go toilet. Need to bring jacket to hospital also right?

iBaby_Mum

Just delivered last month in Mount A.

Here's my hospital bag:
0) Documents for admission.

1) 1 pair of socks for delivery ward. A few more pairs if you want to wear it in the ward.

2) 1 pack of 20 pieces Pureen Maternity pads for my 2 days stay is more than enough. Hospital will give you 1 pack of Kotex 10 pieces loop pads (But I dont't like as the pads are not wide enough)

3) 2 sets - Front opening pyjamas for breastfeeding. Get gown as easier when going toilet. You can pull up your gown and cover with blanket when you rest on bed so that you won't stain. Pants harder and easily stained.

4) 2 sets of day time wear as some friends/colleagues may come over for visit and for going home.

5) My laptop (Too bored sometimes so I surf net)

6) Own tolieties like tooth brush, tooth paste, comb etc... 1 small face towel.

7) 1 pair of slippers

8) Ya important is to bring more those mesh panties for changing (meant for post delivery). I think Mothercare selling.

9) 2-3 pairs of breastpads, but milk dont't normally come during 1-2 days.

10) 1 set of baby clothes to go home.
Please get easy to wear and take off type because new borns are so fragile.

Don't worry, if you miss out anything, your darling or even your Sis/Mother/MIL will most likely help you buy them from the shops at TMC first floor or bring it from home. Singapore is so small.

:tlaugh:

bellerichez

Just delivered last month in Mount A.

Here's my hospital bag:
0) Documents for admission.

1) 1 pair of socks for delivery ward. A few more pairs if you want to wear it in the ward.

2) 1 pack of 20 pieces Pureen Maternity pads for my 2 days stay is more than enough. Hospital will give you 1 pack of Kotex 10 pieces loop pads (But I dont't like as the pads are not wide enough)

3) 2 sets - Front opening pyjamas for breastfeeding. Get gown as easier when going toilet. You can pull up your gown and cover with blanket when you rest on bed so that you won't stain. Pants harder and easily stained.

4) 2 sets of day time wear as some friends/colleagues may come over for visit and for going home.

5) My laptop (Too bored sometimes so I surf net)

6) Own tolieties like tooth brush, tooth paste, comb etc... 1 small face towel.

7) 1 pair of slippers

8) Ya important is to bring more those mesh panties for changing (meant for post delivery). I think Mothercare selling.

9) 2-3 pairs of breastpads, but milk dont't normally come during 1-2 days.

10) 1 set of baby clothes to go home.
Please get easy to wear and take off type because new borns are so fragile.

dont't worry, if you miss out anything, your darling or even your Sis/Mother/mother in law will most likely help you buy them from the shops at Thomson Medical Center first floor or bring it from home. Singapore is so small.

:tlaugh:

You use how many pieces of the pureen maternity pad for your two day stay? Cos i dun wan to bring the whole thing.

iBaby_Mum

I think I only use half pack of the Pureen pads (~10) and 1 pack of the Kotex from hospital. I will use 2 pads everytime especially on Day 1 lor where flow is extremely heavy and nightime ...

PinkDiamonds

TMC will provide your baby with a set of discharge clothes & receiving blanket so u don't need to bring anything for the baby. U will end up bringing back a lot of things that the hospital give u. Just bring your clothes, pads, undies, and a set of clothes to change into when u discharge. but for me I just wore back what i wore there. Try to bring as little things as possible unless got more than ur hubby to go home with u. When i see my roommate bring her travelling luggage i wanted to laugh, but when i discharge i realized it's useful. LOL

bellerichez

I think I only use half pack of the Pureen pads (~10) and 1 pack of the Kotex from hospital. I will use 2 pads everytime especially on Day 1 where flow is extremely heavy and nightime ...

Then if i buy only 2 packet of Pureen Maternity Pad, is it enough to last through the whole month? or after u finish maternity pad u change back to normal pad?

iBaby_Mum

Anyway, just bring what you like. When you discharge, just make sure hubby come slightly earlier to bring down the "luggages".

If hubby not staying, just get him to bring back the dirty clothes everyday.
I was trying to keep my bag small too... But in the end my hubby says bring all that I want he will carry them all :001_302: .