cold drinks, anyone?

lekdao

hello,

do you all take cold drinks during your pregnancy? I did especially when i eat at coffee shops... dont know isit okay..
You can take but limit yourself the intake.
I took ribena or ice milo, max is half a cup. i requested half cup ice and pour half milo into it. LOL .... Once in a blue moon took fanta grape or ice cream soda when craving.

apollo

i took cold drinks thru out my preg. eso the 1st few mths, i suffered from bad MS, my gynae told me tt i can just drink some cold drinks lik 100plus or lemon tea, as long as something goes into my tummy. so i just drink even aft my MS gets better.. hehe.. oh ya, and i drank bubble tea almost everyday during my last tri :001_302:

temari

i took cold drinks thru out my preg. eso the 1st few mths, i suffered from bad MS, my gynae told me that i can just drink some cold drinks lik 100plus or lemon tea, as long as something goes into my tummy. so i just drink even after my MS gets better.. hehe.. oh ya, and i drank bubble tea almost everyday during my last tri :001_302:
:err:can drink bubble tea? i drink cold drinks during last trimester cos really body temp too hot cannot take it..

i took cold drinks thru out my preg. eso the 1st few mths, i suffered from bad MS, my gynae told me that i can just drink some cold drinks lik 100plus or lemon tea, as long as something goes into my tummy. so i just drink even after my MS gets better.. hehe.. oh ya, and i drank bubble tea almost everyday during my last tri :001_302:
yaya same with me lehh! hehe lost weight due to MS so gynae said to my hubby: any drink she wants. LOL. :001_302: i think he just assumed that in case my hubby is the STUBBORN AS MULE type. wahahhaha. better than dehydration right? anyway after MS was over, i still continued to take cold drinks. but limit myself lahh.

anyway orionbabee, i think u just try to take hot drinks in the morning and night. also avoid cola. its doing the opposite of calcium. esp. when preggy ladies need to fill up that calcium intake thingy for themselves and their unborn babies

bubbybub

I only take cold drinks! Weather is too hot to drink hot drink especially if you're outside!

Don't worry, according to Ms Wong BoiBoi (i attended her antenatal class), she said your stomach will warm the drink up for at least 30 mins before anything goes to the baby :) :)

ling.er

I do tk cold drink when i havin meal outside or watchin movie...
@ home some time i drink packet cold drink too.. I guess it ok ba :tlaugh:

jas2909

hehehee.. i think it's very hard not to take some cold drinks in this kind of weather.. I take ice lemon tea.. lime juice.. barley.. ice milk tea occasionally.. soft drinks i only took sprite.. if not i think i will faint due to too hot internally.. haha..

mrs_eg

hehehee.. i think it's very hard not to take some cold drinks in this kind of weather.. I take ice lemon tea.. lime juice.. barley.. ice milk tea occasionally.. soft drinks i only took sprite.. if not i think i will faint due to too hot internally.. haha..

totally agree...
although my mum did tell me not to drink too much cold drinks...
there drinks like fruit juices... which are healthy... cannot be hot wat?!?! they have to be cold to maintain freshness....

I think the content of the drink is more impt than whether it is cold or hot...

eurostar

I asked my mother can eat this tat can eat this or not, she just say "can, but eat bit is ok"......so I guess is alright if drink few sip of cold drink :)

apollo

:err:can drink bubble tea? i drink cold drinks during last trimester cos really body temp too hot cannot take it..
hmm i've been drinking sinec mid 2nd tri onwards, all the way till i gave birth, so i supposed can bahhh.. haha!!!

yaya same with me lehh! hehe lost weight due to MS so gynae said to my hubby: any drink she wants. LOL. :001_302: i think he just assumed that in case my hubby is the STUBBORN AS MULE type. wahahhaha. better than dehydration right? anyway after MS was over, i still continued to take cold drinks. but limit myself lahh.

anyway orionbabee, i think you just try to take hot drinks in the morning and night. also avoid cola. its doing the opposite of calcium. esp. when preggy ladies need to fill up that calcium intake thingy for themselves and their unborn babies
yalo.. tt time i MS until v bad, and i only crave for those coffeedhop homemade ice lemon tea but hubby dun let me drink but gynae said just gif in to me cos i only crave for tt, other drinks all vomit out.. haha!

jas2909

Apollo mummy do you feel cramps when u drink bubble tea? I will feel slight menses cramp when i take like 1 cup of mos burger ice milk tea per day for consecutively 2 days.. dun dare to take anymore on the 3rd day..

apollo

Apollo mummy do you feel cramps when you drink bubble tea? I will feel slight menses cramp when i take like 1 cup of mos burger ice milk tea per day for consecutively 2 days.. dont dare to take anymore on the 3rd day..
actu i on n off hav slight cramp thru out pregnancy n gynae told me is normal. but i think if u only hav cramp only when u drink bubble tea, den mayb stop 1st. drink in moderation =)

bakaholic

I only have few sips of cold drinks during 1st trimester cos of very bad cough. Was carrying around a thermos flask of warm water all the time.

Now in 2nd trimester, cough is better so i take cold drinks but not alot cos I am worried of Gestational Diabetes. Just the occasional coke and iced teh (I am concerned about cafffeine too!)

It's normal to feel cramps in 1st trimester cos the uterus is expanding but it should just be minor and goes away quite quickly. If you feel cramps after taking certain food, better to stop eating that. I had some cramps after taking papaya (think it wasn't very ripe) and i never eat it again.

Apollo mummy do you feel cramps when you drink bubble tea? I will feel slight menses cramp when i take like 1 cup of mos burger ice milk tea per day for consecutively 2 days.. dont dare to take anymore on the 3rd day..

tik nowadays when i take cold drinks, i will tend to feel crampy..dunno isit becos of the cold drinks... but i still take ..haa