Cold war with SIL

flyaway

Anyone having cold war with SIL (DH’s sister)? I have declared cold war with her. Had enough of her stuck up attitude & other incidents. The last straw came went she treated me as transparent when I wanted to say ‘hello’ to her. Anyway, DH supported me to treat her as transparent as well cos he know that he has a rude sister + he wanted peace cos I have been complaining to him about his sister’s attitude. :302:

First time treating my non-blood related family member so coldly. Though no more awkward situation whereby she ignored me and me fuming with madness, it’s kind of hard to declare cold war until I had dreams about my SIL. :1err:

Anyone with similar situation to share?

apollo

HAHA! I think u're not alone la... my fren, though not married yet, she told me that her bf's bro's gf also like tt... even she purposely say "HELLO" very loud she still can ignore!!!!!!

as for me, last time when I smile to my SIL she also lik tt den i often complain to my hubby but he dun believe lo... he say i smile/hello not obvious so his sis cant see but i think it's a BASIC courtesy to smile/hello to anyone u noe even I didnt do it to her... den slowly i dun really care liao but nw dunno y better alrdy at least will smile to each other la..

think of a bright side, at least ur hubby noe tt his sis is rude... if he doesn't noe and accuse u of accusing his sis, tt'll be v bad right??:tlaugh:

pink_daisy

Anyone having cold war with SIL (DH’s sister)? I have declared cold war with her. Had enough of her stuck up attitude & other incidents. The last straw came went she treated me as transparent when I wanted to say ‘hello’ to her. Anyway, DH supported me to treat her as transparent as well cos he know that he has a rude sister + he wanted peace cos I have been complaining to him about his sister’s attitude. :302:

First time treating my non-blood related family member so coldly. Though no more awkward situation whereby she ignored me and me fuming with madness, it’s kind of hard to declare cold war until I had dreams about my SIL. :1err:

y got sil like tat one?? she scare u snatch her mum away ar??

flyaway

No lar. Both DH and I know that she is the spoilt princess in the house. A DIL is always a DIL lor, can nv compared to their blood related daughter...

I guess she is just simply spoilt too much by my MIL, hence, this kind of attitude. Though I don't feel good declaring cold war with her, I don't want to give in by saying 'hello', for all I know that I maybe ignored again...:nah:

Stan

No lar. Both DH and I know that she is the spoilt princess in the house. A DIL is always a DIL lor, can nv compared to their blood related daughter...

I guess she is just simply spoilt too much by my MIL, hence, this kind of attitude. Though I don't feel good declaring cold war with her, I don't want to give in by saying 'hello', for all I know that I maybe ignored again...:nah:
We have almost exact same situation! She also ignored me when i said hello!!... i dont bother with her anymore since DH also cant be bothered to talk to her!
As like you said, she is the daughter whereas we are only DIL.. even my in laws are really nice to me, i dont think they will like me not being nice to their precious daughter who is lazy, unkind, rude and greedy!!!! so just keep quiet lor...
aiya... i think i can write a book abt her lah!!:eek:...

i think i had worse situations than euu. but hasnt started cold war...
because i always wait for the other side declare war first....

my target.. is ...da-sao.... my hubby 's big brother (da-ge)... de wife (da-sao)....

da-ge (big brother) is a proud kia....
till now declare bankruptcy liao still gan pua proud...

da sao. super proud...
first sentence is "your ****blah*blahh*blah got what what what anot" "you got what what what anot"... whether i answer or not... no diff la.. her pool of show off stories will continue...

luckily... da sao. after they bankcrupcy she tamned down a little... kinda nicer a little.....

years back... the 2002 TANG-FAMILY GRANDDAUGHTER give her take care.. 400buck per month... da-sao refuse... ... we diam diam.. never shoot her verbally...

now... she wanna throw miie her 2004 TANG-FAMILY GRANDSON and 2006 GRANDDAUGHTER... i say dowan... because i cannot handle taking care a 2002, 2004, 2006, and my own 2008 DD.... how to handle 4 kid to cross road whatever....
fking hell she fking hell say miie "有求与人 别指望人家帮你。"
fking hell. she need money last year who borrow her...
we 1989-1990 couple also lend her money... 5digit somemore... now she fking hell turn back says..." THE MONEY we taken... is for the stall... we give euu de stall euu take.."
!~@#$%^&*()%$#@!~ ma de.... like as if money 应得的。 now we super broke lo...

i feel like cold war with this damn pua char bo...
but she live one street away from miie only... now i living with my in laws.. MY DADDY IN LAW AND MOTHER IN LAW VERY GOOD DE.....
everyday go downstair see her... gimmie that pretentious face... talk talk talk with miie... not as proud liao... but she keep repeating "bo bian lo.... nobody help miie take care kid"
wa
talk this topic i damn pek cek....
wanna cold war..... but.. wait~!... now still kinda neighbour....
hopefully quickly 21... happily queue hao flat... gotten a flat, stay far far, then war with her... if not... sian 1/2 lo

Last edited:
HAHA! I think u're not alone la... my fren, though not married yet, she told me that her bf's bro's gf also like tt... even she purposely say "HELLO" very loud she still can ignore!!!!!!

as for me, last time when I smile to my SIL she also lik tt den i often complain to my hubby but he dun believe lo... he say i smile/hello not obvious so his sis cant see but i think it's a BASIC courtesy to smile/hello to anyone u noe even I didnt do it to her... den slowly i dun really care liao but nw dunno y better alrdy at least will smile to each other la..

think of a bright side, at least ur hubby noe tt his sis is rude... if he doesn't noe and accuse u of accusing his sis, tt'll be v bad right??:tlaugh:
wa.. can teach miie how to cold war or not...

till now i still smile to my da sao
my da sao still smile to miie

although my DH and my da-ge never even glance...no speech also

i dunno how to help with this...

no bahh. see brighter side... not neccessary...
for my case... i tink i being DIL, is treated better then THAT proud idiotic da-ge (although he is blood related)

apollo

wa.. can teach miie how to cold war or not...

till now i still smile to my da sao
my da sao still smile to miie

although my DH and my da-ge never even glance...no speech also
nv cold war la.. haha.. ust tt at least she lik treat me transprent den i also dun really care but aft sometime better liao...

btw u v funny lo... wanna learn to start cold war HAHA!!!

flyaway

I think I got problems siah. Whenever I see my SIL carrying my precious, I will get mad. I don't like her to carry her cos she did nothing for my precious as compared to my MIL or my sister. My own sister will help to change diaper, buy things for my little one. But my SIL will only want to carry and play with her. Though my SIL is earning more than my sister, she is a very self centre person who will only buy luxury items for herself. She will not buy food/ snacks for the family. So I don't like it whenever she carries my little one. HELP, I think I mentally unstable towards SIL...

ger-mummy

Why don't u tell her that u dun lik she carry ur bb? I think is better to tell her, if not u will really mentally unstable. Mayb i am a str. forwards person bah...

jal

I think I got problems siah. Whenever I see my sister In law carrying my precious, I will get mad. I dont't like her to carry her cos she did nothing for my precious as compared to my mother in law or my sister. My own sister will help to change diaper, buy things for my little one. But my sister In law will only want to carry and play with her. Though my sister In law is earning more than my sister, she is a very self centre person who will only buy luxury items for herself. She will not buy food/ snacks for the family. So I dont't like it whenever she carries my little one. HELP, I think I mentally unstable towards sister In law...
Oh gosh. If she earns a decent sum of money as you said, why dun she buy something for your darling? Isn't that what normal people do? Then again, it is what normal people do. (So she is not normal...)

prima

hi

your not mentally insane. its just that as mommy, we get that feeling that someone taking over her kid.

I get them loads of time whenever I am at the IL's place. sister In law will cook specially for my dds, bring them to church and prepare their beds in her room.
change their clothes. making me feel inferior.

besides she's doing me a big favor but overdomineering. shows black face when I irks her. she knows everyone will be on her side not mine coz I 'm the outsider. I have smile and take it in stride.

stonston

hi

your not mentally insane. its just that as mommy, we get that feeling that someone taking over her kid.

I get them loads of time whenever I am at the IL's place. sister In law will cook specially for my dds, bring them to church and prepare their beds in her room.

besides she's doing me a big favor but overdomineering. shows black face when I irks her. she knows everyone will be on her side not mine coz I 'm the outsider. I have smile and take it in stride.
there's no need to feel inferior cos you are the one who gave birth to them. no matter how nice someone else is to them, it'll nvr replace you!

take it as got extra person to give love to your kids and your kids are the ones who benefit in the end :)

flyaway

I guess she is simply self-centered loh. Only buy things for herself to eat. Last time even asked her bf to buy her favourite junk food as CNY goodies for my MIL. Haha...

My precious got something from her lar but that was during last X'mas and her full month. Other than that, nothing lor. I can't help comparing her with my sister cos my sister was so enthusiastic about everything. When she know that my precious got her first tooth, she wanna go get her teething biscuits. When my precious chewed on her only pair of yellow socks until 'gor yak', my sister went to buy her another pair. She was my main birdnest supplier throughout my pregnancy and even went to brew birdnest before I went to deliver. My SIL did nothing during my pregnancy but I dont not expect anything lar cos not blood related mah but my precious got blood relation with her ley. I guess my SIL only loved herself. Haha...

We have been ignoring each other. Just can't be bothered to greet her anymore :p

flyaway

hi

Wah, ur SIL is really "kind" hor...was she trying to overtake ur role? I am quite mean to those who are too overly "concerned" about my bb. Last time when my future SIL (Bro's gf) wanna help me bath my daughter, I declined flatly. Of cos I know how to bath my own bb lar. I know she got experience bathing her nephew etc but my own baby I wanna take care myself. Or else would I be her mother for nothing?

jal

I guess she is simply self-centered loh. Only buy things for herself to eat. Last time even asked her bf to buy her favourite junk food as CNY goodies for my mother in law. Haha...

My precious got something from her but that was during last X'mas and her full month. Other than that, nothing . I can't help comparing her with my sister cos my sister was so enthusiastic about everything. When she know that my precious got her first tooth, she wanna go get her teething biscuits. When my precious chewed on her only pair of yellow socks until 'gor yak', my sister went to buy her another pair. She was my main birdnest supplier throughout my pregnancy and even went to brew birdnest before I went to deliver. My sister In law did nothing during my pregnancy but I dont not expect anything cos not blood related mah but my precious got blood relation with her ley. I guess my sister In law only loved herself. Haha...

We have been ignoring each other. Just can't be bothered to greet her anymore :p
Wow!!! Your sister is so nice to you! :) If you believe in reincarnation, pray that she will also be your sister in the next life & in the life next.