confused with private/sub class & many other questions

enhanzed

Q1) My wife went to the KKH 24 hr clinc to report sick , when she was there they discovered she was pregnant .

There after they did the ultrasound etc etc and referred her to clinic A ... but my payment class is still under PRIVATE .

I dunt mind the private rates but the staff told me the doctor in-charge of my wife only goes to TPS on monday mornings ( which we can't make it ) and i have to go to clinic A if i still want to see back the doctor in-charge (Dr law ).

But since already paying for private rate might as well go to TPS right? or is there anyway to change back to subsidised rate since my wife not very willing to stay in single bed.

Should we change a doctor to fit our schedule ? we do not have any particular gynae in mind anyway.

Q2) Does KKH doctors give out "samples" of fish oil every visit or only on some occasions?

Q3) The package thingy is getting me very confused ... i have to pay for the "hospital stay" package ... the "professional " fee package ...the Neonatal "package " ....the "every month visit to clinic " package ?
Are these claimable by CPF ???

sorry so many question ...1st timer

CanCanMum

Hi enhanzed.

I did not take up any package during antenatal.

Q1) Not sure about private rates but since u canx be taking leave every monday so why not consider changing the gynae? Some KKH gynaes are stationed at clinics for saturday sessions but usually need long waits la, around 1 to 1.5 hrs to see him for 15minutes.

Q2) Nope i don't dink so.

Q3) Becoz my gynae told me eventually it is still the same. He told me to leave the medisave claimables till delivery.

So i just pay-per-visit. Everytime the fee is around $80, including urine test, blood pressure, weight and ultrasound scans.

So on the whole my antenatal visits costs me $80 x 8months = $720 +

Paid $1000 deposit during admission, stayed in 4-bedded and normal forceps delivery. In the end after all the medisave claimables i get a refund cheque of $800+

Last edited:

enhanzed

yours also at KKH ?

if i wanna upgrade to a senior consultant who has clinics on sat at TPS how do i go about doing it ?

chloegal

Hi enhanzed,
If you change to subsidised patient, your wife will be seen by a different gynae each time and The MO on duty will delivered for her. Clinic A is cheaper than TPS caused in TPS, every gynae will have a scan machine and the gynae will scan for u at every visit. I choose the four bedder and stay for only a day and get refunded too. Just call the appt hotline and tell the operator that you hope to see the gynae you wanted at TPS on sat and they will arrange the timings for you.

My gynae, Dr HC Han is also a senior consultant and is having clinic at TPS on Sat morning too. He is a very nice and caring doc. He help to delivered my 3 kids too. He also advise me not to take up the package as it is not refundable if your happen to delivered early. But you can join their new fast scheme package, which mean you have to pay an amount upfront (about $300+) and will deduct from it after every visit, no need to wait for payment. You can enquire more from the staff at TPS.

Last edited:

CynCyn

Q1 ) My first child was delivered at KKH . All the clinics except Clinic C is considered as Private . Only Clinic C is subsidise rate . Gotta get referral letter via Polyclinic . Gynae is not fixed so evry visit is different gynae .
Only after I delivered did i realise that the amount i'm paying every visit at Clinic A is almost more or less the same as what you pay in The Pte Suite . And waiting time is not long at all . Every visit at Clinic A can wait up till 2hrs .

If u still wanna enjoy the subsidise rate then just ignore the appt for Clinic A and go to yr nearest polyclinic for referral . So it's like yr starting back to square 1 .

My 2nd pregnancy , I found out from KKH also . And they made appt for me at Clinic D also Private .
I didn't go for my appt and took up packages from Thomson Medical Centre instead .
Cos the amount at KKH i might as well go Pte hospital .
Hope you what i mean . =)

Q2 ) My gynae prescribed me Fish Oil during the 2nd or 3rd trimester , can't remember exactly when . And I consume it till I deliver .

Q3 ) I was also told by my friends to take up antenatal package more worth it . When I checked KKH antenatal package ?( every check up package ) it's $1,200 if i didnt remember wrongly . And my friends paying for antenatal package at TMC , Mt A is more cheaper .
So for my 2nd pregnancy i took up package at TMC $550 only . Delivery package by gynae $850 . The rest will be hospital charges etc.

Last edited:

enhanzed

im going to KKH cause its walking distance from my home

so all i have to do now is to call KKH appointment line to change to sat right ?

Last edited:

January84

im going to KKH cause its walking distance from my home

so all i have to do now is to call KKH appointment line to change to sat right ?
if your gynae is avail on sat.

you have to decide if you want your wife to consult the same gynae or u mind any gynae. If u have a preferred gynae and is avail on sat, then change your appt to sat.

if any gynae if fine, then u can visit the gynae with your wife any timing that you are avail.