Constipation

Gem2505

be careful...milo is energy cum sugar drink..i overheard the nurse at clinic telling one of the MTB try not to take milo cos of high sugar content
oh. ya. milo is sweet and is heaty also. but i only likes taking that. 1 day 1 packet.. weekends nv take.. and thats my breakfast till late breakfast, 10+am.. den lunch. cant talk milk coz will wan to vomit out. no choice. but the rest of the day drink more plain water. still ok bah.. ;) thanks anyway.

PTB7476

oh. ya. milo is sweet and is heaty also. but i only likes taking that. 1 day 1 packet.. weekends never take.. and thats my breakfast till late breakfast, 10+am.. then lunch. cant talk milk coz will want to vomit out. no choice. but the rest of the day drink more plain water. still ok bah.. ;) thanks anyway.
did you try soya bean milk ? they are good substitute for milk too :)

joelhoon

seem like my constipation getting from bad to worst
i tried to eat fruit at least once a day ( either papaya or banana or apple) but still i am having constipation... even prune juice or yakurt or yogurt seem to be immune no longer effective :embarrassed:

any suggestion ?? could it be the calcium pill or pre-nat vitamin or fish oil that is giving me problem ??

So far so good for me.
Cause i have a habit of taking fruits and veg every day.
And i take fiber supplement all this while, i guess it helps..and i hope i continue to help....

yakult and taking fruits before sleeping and first thing in the morning somehow helps. gynae back home told me to load up on liquids but i really can't :(

kaerb

Hello Mummys to be,

I have very bad constipation .. still having but controllable now. If you are eating iron tablets as supplements, maybe you can try to switch to liquid form (floradix).. it really helps.. same also goes for calcium supplements, switching to liquid form aids in digestion and absorption and less chances of constipation...

Another suggestion is to change your diet to less processed food and eliminate all "white" foods - white sugar, white bread, white rice etc... Personally I have not made a complete switch in my diet.. but little by little really goes a long way and in addition, I take plenty of fruits - 2 pears + 1 papaya a day.. and around 5L of water ...

In terms of milk powder.. I find that Enfamama seems to cause me to have more constipation.. so I switch to Anmum.. seems ok.. but not as yummy as Enfamama.

Hope this helps...

luvjoanne

kaerb, 5L of water daily?? wow! that's alot!!
i try to eat more fruits.. and try to eat less rice. sigh.
i am just starting to face constipation problem, and i believe it's due to the supplements - calcium + iron.
i try to drink more milk and vitagen daily + fruits, but my stools are so hard that they hurts every morning! :( worse thing is, it bleeds when i pass motion.. sigh.

kaerb

Hi luvjoanne,

try liquid form for the supplements, it will help....

at least you have stool every morning... for me, I can only pass motion every other 2 days.. but its soft stool la since I started changing my diet..

If you face hard stool, try not to push it, it causes damage to your anus..it will come out eventually... I know its super uncomfortable to have stool stuck up there .. but pushing it will cause bleeding.. worse later lead to piles.. you will cry.. just keep on drinking vitagen.. and more fruits.. should be fine...

On the plus side.. remember that sluggish digestive system means baby have more time to absorb your nutrients..

jespang

I m still able to pass motion daily but same.. stools are hard and little.. so I console myself must be my baby aborsing all the nutrients that y end of day, the stools are just little bit...LOL..

I wanted to take milk powder but when I realised that it will cause constipation, I stick to my low fat milk.... Did u try prune juice? I think it help.

For me, I force myself to drink plenty of water despite that I hv to keep going to the loo n take alot of vegetables during dinner.

Anyone knows how long this constipation problem going to last??? All the way till baby is born!?!?!?

kaerb

Hi Jespang,

not anytime soon... I had constipation from Day 1.. and I am almost 28 weeks now.. and no sign of it going away... the funniest thing is before I was pregnant.. I had the most efficient bowel system, I can poop every morning on cue and throughout the day... that's why I keep telling my girlfriends now.. You must appreciate your "shit" .. coz once its gone.. you really miss it... ahhahaha..

millyming

about this constipation matters..
i do facing this problem. End up, doc prescribed Agiolax - is kind of herbs medicine. I found out that really not useful for me. even though with this Agiolax, i still need to eat 2 days continouous, on the 3rd day only i can go toilet poo poo. Then, i switch to another doc, who prescribed me Duphalac (LActulose) -- i think is stool softener. This seem not useful for me. I dont wish to rely on medicine.

I start to drink more water around 2.4litre everyday, and i eat banana in the morning. if possible, eat 1 bowl of sweet potato soup (try to find those sweet potato which contains alot fibre), and i will feel want to go poo poo in the evening.
but, do remember, banana and sweet potato contains high sugar...need to take it wisely..oh ya..beside that, i take yoghurt drink, and change my white rice to 10 grain rice.

Hope it can help you.

maneo0302

I had constipation too. in my 17th week now. Drank water with honey and prune juice. Still go toilet once every two days. But its better than ntg. :)

bingbing

i took quake oat , it helps me to move my bowel everyday. I had never eat oat during my 1st & 2nd pregnancy hence i had constipation problem. Oat is good for bb too

When I was pregnant I also faced the constipation, couldn't poop for days. When I pooped I had to push hard & stool was like marbles. I ate papaya on empty stomach every morning after waking up. Papaya very efective for constipation coz it contains digestive enzyme & healthy fruits. I ate papaya every day throughout my pregnancy & not suffering constipation.

AIDAWAHEEDA

I ever encounter this problem before and feel like crying on that moment. I tried to drink Fybogel, it works and safe too for a pregnant lady.

I had this problem too, i started on Fybogel, it was effective for first few days and afetr a week, no longer effective. I tried prune juice, same effect. I started to learn more about nutrition, and found that protein and fibre is the key to constipation. I started to take protein powder plus a red apple as breakfast a year ago. After few days on, i now go toilet every day at least once a day, and i just need less than 5 mins to end my big business!

ping87

Hi, understand preg lady usually will face constipation problem. However, i'm just 13-14 weeks and i experience that during first trimester. However, how my bowels seems better. i dont really like to rely on medication prescribe from doctor cos partly i'm very kiasu.

but i have habit of eating lots of fruits and veg a day. i even bring my own fruits to office and eat during tea break.. so instead of snacking, i snack on fruits(peach, plum, etc) so that i have enough fibre and easier for me to go loo..

i would recommend u all to eat more fruits and drink lotsa of water.. and try to eat fruits before meals. it really helps for constipation preggies. :)