Constipation

P4nic

i tend to have stomachache during the nite time when i m about to sleep.. but everytime got toilet.. nothing at all.. only gas.. very irritating lo!

PTB7476

i tend to have stomachache during the nite time when i m about to sleep.. but everytime got toilet.. nothing at all.. only gas.. very irritating !
either u drink alot of soft drink or you eat too fast so alot of gas

seem like my constipation getting from bad to worst
i tried to eat fruit at least once a day ( either papaya or banana or apple) but still i am having constipation... even prune juice or yakurt or yogurt seem to be immune no longer effective :embarrassed:

any suggestion ?? could it be the calcium pill or pre-nat vitamin or fish oil that is giving me problem ??
I have recently posted a short presentation clip on youtube in regards to constipation during pregnancy:

YouTube - Constipation during Pregnancy

maine78

Took 3 teaspoons of lactus and it is really work...clear all within 2 hours. minimal pain also :)
Wat's lactus? Is is a kind of fibre drink or laxatives? I'm having bad constipation and fibregel doesn't work. My gynae prescribed me med which make my stools soft but after i took it, my stomach will feel uncomfortable for the whole day.

Pinkliciouz

what's lactus? Is is a kind of fibre drink or laxatives? I'm having bad constipation and fibregel doesn't work. My gynae prescribed me med which make my stools soft but after i took it, my stomach will feel uncomfortable for the whole day.
Fibregel don't work for me too... Think those fibre that is available over the counters is really not effective, I got a lot of friends tried fibregel and they all complaint that it don't work, even when they are not pregnant... Maybe you can check with your doctor if she has any strong fibre satchet for you?

Have you tried eating apples everyday?

Pinkliciouz

i tend to have stomachache during the nite time when i m about to sleep.. but everytime got toilet.. nothing at all.. only gas.. very irritating !
I read somewhere before, that if you have constipation, will tend to have a lot of gas also...

MeganLim

what's lactus? Is is a kind of fibre drink or laxatives? I'm having bad constipation and fibregel doesn't work. My gynae prescribed me med which make my stools soft but after i took it, my stomach will feel uncomfortable for the whole day.

My doctor prescribed it, it taste little sweet and helps to soften the stool. I think you can also get it from guardian pharmacy. Check it out. :)

PTB7476

i tried soemthing recently ie taking yogurt empty stomach in the morning and seem like it do help to clear some but of course when it didnt then i fall back on the fibre drink and stool softener given by Gynea:tlaugh:

Edwinie

Fybogel is effective depending on your diet. To me, I see it as a fibre supplement that helps you increase your fibre intake and helps you to pass out easier. It is not a substitute for vegetables and fruits. Hence, it should be taken with fruits and vegetable. For me, I eat very little fruits and I find Fybogel effective in helping me supplement my intake.
I avoid taking laxatives as I feel they are invasive and not so good on the body.
Just my thoughts~

ccwl

I read on e mag recently n it mentioned squeezing a few drops of lemon juice in yr water will help in yr constipation. I gave tis suggestion to my preggie frd n it works for her. U may try it. :tlaugh:

maine78

i tried soemthing recently ie taking yogurt empty stomach in the morning and seem like it do help to clear some but of course when it didnt then i fall back on the fibre drink and stool softener given by Gynea:tlaugh:
Did you take the stool softener everyday? Last month, i had constipation so bad that i exert too much force to push. End up i had contractions the whole nite and rush to see gynae to take med to stop the contractions coz i'm just 3mths+. So now taking the stool softener daily and able to pass bowels daily. This week, i find that the medication seems to lose effect and i will panic if i dun go toilet every morning (the contraction incident scared me badly)

I'm really worried about this constipation issue. I used to pass bowel daily before preg without any problem. Ever since preg, I have changed my diet to take only wholemeal bread, oatmeal, 5-6 servings of veggie, 2 apples and 1 yoghurt. I dun take oily or fried food but i'm still having constipation even after taking the med

Shd i take the stool softener every other day to keep it's effectiveness? I'm so depressed over this.

PTB7476

Did you take the stool softener everyday? Last month, i had constipation so bad that i exert too much force to push. End up i had contractions the whole nite and rush to see gynae to take med to stop the contractions coz i'm just 3mths+. So now taking the stool softener daily and able to pass bowels daily. This week, i find that the medication seems to lose effect and i will panic if i dont go toilet every morning (the contraction incident scared me badly)

I'm really worried about this constipation issue. I used to pass bowel daily before preg without any problem. Ever since preg, I have changed my diet to take only wholemeal bread, oatmeal, 5-6 servings of veggie, 2 apples and 1 yoghurt. I dont take oily or fried food but i'm still having constipation even after taking the med

should i take the stool softener every other day to keep it's effectiveness? I'm so depressed over this.
i dun take the stool softener on everyday cos i know my body will be immune to it and lose it effectiveness so i only take when needed

maine78

i dont take the stool softener on everyday cos i know my body will be immune to it and lose it effectiveness so i only take when needed
May i know how often do you take the stool softener? I'm taking it daily as advised by my gynae coz he doesn't want any incident of contractions to happen again. And he say if i start to take the stool softener after i got constipation, it won't have effect. I'm so confused now

PTB7476

May i know how often do you take the stool softener? I'm taking it daily as advised by my gynae coz he doesn't want any incident of contractions to happen again. And he say if i start to take the stool softener after i got constipation, it won't have effect. I'm so confused now
actually i did not take it anymore for the past 2 months cos i dun want to rely on it too much so i took high fibre /whole grain cereal and yogyurt on empty stomach in the morning and an apple everyday and seem to work ...at least i get to clear the system either everyday or every other day

Gem2505

For me, i take MILO (packet) ones every morning when im on my way to work. when i reach work place, will go toilet for sure. within 1hour. on weekends whereby i dont take MILO, i didnt pass out lor. ha. weird body. but maybe you can try. + i take Yakult regularly. about 4bottles per week.
in the past, i use to pass out 1-2 times a week. now, at least once in 2 days. sometimes everyday(weekday). haha! weekend at home wont pass one. dunno why also. maybe my body like the toilet in my office. LOL!

PTB7476

For me, i take MILO (packet) ones every morning when im on my way to work. when i reach work place, will go toilet for sure. within 1hour. on weekends whereby i dont take MILO, i didnt pass out . ha. weird body. but maybe you can try. + i take Yakult regularly. about 4bottles per week.
in the past, i use to pass out 1-2 times a week. now, at least once in 2 days. sometimes everyday(weekday). haha! weekend at home wont pass one. dont know why also. maybe my body like the toilet in my office. LOL!
be careful...milo is energy cum sugar drink..i overheard the nurse at clinic telling one of the MTB try not to take milo cos of high sugar content

qween

seem like my constipation getting from bad to worst
i tried to eat fruit at least once a day ( either papaya or banana or apple) but still i am having constipation... even prune juice or yakurt or yogurt seem to be immune no longer effective :embarrassed:

any suggestion ?? could it be the calcium pill or pre-nat vitamin or fish oil that is giving me problem ??

do walking exercise for 'bout 10-20 minutes / day