Constipation

PTB7476

seem like my constipation getting from bad to worst
i tried to eat fruit at least once a day ( either papaya or banana or apple) but still i am having constipation... even prune juice or yakurt or yogurt seem to be immune no longer effective :embarrassed:

any suggestion ?? could it be the calcium pill or pre-nat vitamin or fish oil that is giving me problem ??

P4nic

seem like my constipation getting from bad to worst
i tried to eat fruit at least once a day ( either papaya or banana or apple) but still i am having constipation... even prune juice or yakurt or yogurt seem to be immune no longer effective :embarrassed:

any suggestion ?? could it be the calcium pill or pre-nat vitamin or fish oil that is giving me problem ??
better start to drink more water in case develop into piles like mine.. i m still having constipation as well but then.. no more piles coz no bleeding or pain..

PTB7476

better start to drink more water in case develop into piles like mine.. i m still having constipation as well but then.. no more piles coz no bleeding or pain..
i drink alot but seem never seem to be enuff ... have to highlight to gynae next week... and hopefully can see the gender too :001_302:

Phoebii Cheng

Yes highlight it to your gynae....tht time I also told my gynae, then she gave me some med to at least relieve me of constipation....it is part & parcel of pregnancy, but yes do drink lots & lots & lots of water too

Pinkliciouz

try drinking those fibre to aid bowel movements? I've been taking it even before I got pregnant and I checked with my Gynae, it's ok for me to take the fibre to clear my bowels... Plus I just eat another 2 apples a day and I can move bowels everyday leh...

PTB7476

try drinking those fibre to aid bowel movements? I've been taking it even before I got pregnant and I checked with my Gynae, it's ok for me to take the fibre to clear my bowels... Plus I just eat another 2 apples a day and I can move bowels everyday ...
everyday :eek:

so envy

bakaholic

I take prunes, oatmeal, at least 2 servings of veg (leafy ones), yogurt everyday to ease constipation. Otherwise, ask your gynae for some meds to help.
Calcium pill will cause constipation in some ppl. There are certains brands of milk powder which also cause constipation for me. Thus, i try to drink low fat high cal fresh milk.

Pinkliciouz

everyday :eek:

so envy
Ya... I move bowels everyday... Must take the fibre lor... Cos when I stopped, I got constipation also. So I take it everyday... I have a friend who took the fibre throughout her pregnancy and she moved her bowels everyday too... But must drink ALOT of water also...

PTB7476

Ya... I move bowels everyday... Must take the fibre ... Cos when I stopped, I got constipation also. So I take it everyday... I have a friend who took the fibre throughout her pregnancy and she moved her bowels everyday too... But must drink ALOT of water also...

what brand of fibre drink did you take ?

MargaretB

Perhaps u all can try to take colostrum. I take it every night before i sleep and i have no problem in moving bowels every morning! within a min and everything is done =)

and i also found that my legs cramps problem become lesser now. colostrum can also help in boosting our immune system (babies share our immune system during this period) and it also contains growth factors which is very good for our babies =)

Pinkliciouz

what brand of fibre drink did you take ?
I am taking Fibrena... It's not available off the shelf. My mother-in-law helps me to buy it from her friend cos this product is selling through a MLM company... I saw online is selling also, but not too sure expensive or not... I have a gf who's selling this product, if you want, I can pass you the contact and you can also purchase from her if you are interested... I think they have it in the small pack so you can try that and see if this products work for you before you purchase the big box ...

Aryan77

Hi,

i think u should try Instant Quaker Oats (2 1/2 tablespoon) with a bit of coffee milk and add warm water

dorsea

U can try Lactus or use fleet . can purchase from guardian. y gynae these are safe method...

I've serious constipation problem too.. fibregel, or prescrible laxative from docs dont help.. i'm taking lactus and it is really helpful..

PTB7476

you can try Lactus or use fleet . can purchase from guardian. y gynae these are safe method...

I've serious constipation problem too.. fibregel, or prescrible laxative from docs dont help.. i'm taking lactus and it is really helpful..
just got some fibre drink from gynae today...hopefully it will work

Pinkliciouz

just got some fibre drink from gynae today...hopefully it will work
Just my 2 cents worth, remember to drink ALOT of water... Cos the fibre, contains a certain kind of substance (forgot the exact name of the thingy), which will stick to our intestine if we don't drink enough water to flush out the extra fibre that we take in... Then it will be worst, cos then our body cannot absorb the nutrients that we take in due to the residue stuck on our intestine...

Just remember to drink as much water as possible... You can try eating 1 or 2 apples a day to aid the bowel movements after taking the fibre... For me, it works as long as I take 2 apples a day and my bowel movement is pretty smooth.

:001_302:

PTB7476

Just my 2 cents worth, remember to drink ALOT of water... Cos the fibre, contains a certain kind of substance (forgot the exact name of the thingy), which will stick to our intestine if we dont't drink enough water to flush out the extra fibre that we take in... Then it will be worst, cos then our body cannot absorb the nutrients that we take in due to the residue stuck on our intestine...

Just remember to drink as much water as possible... You can try eating 1 or 2 apples a day to aid the bowel movements after taking the fibre... For me, it works as long as I take 2 apples a day and my bowel movement is pretty smooth.

:001_302:
i drink alot of water every day but still dont work much but the fibre drink seem to work :tlaugh: my guess is prior to pregnancy i also dun pass so regular ( IBS) so pregnancy just make it worst

Pinkliciouz

i drink alot of water every day but still dont work much but the fibre drink seem to work :tlaugh: my guess is prior to pregnancy i also dont pass so regular ( IBS) so pregnancy just make it worst
Ohhh... I mean when you take the fibre, must take even more water than you usually consume. Before I got pregnant, I already have constipation but as long as I take fibre, my bowel is ok. After I got pregnant, if I take only the fibre, my bowel is only every other day but if I eat apples, will pass everyday... Actually should eat more fruits, cos it contains folic acid, which is food for our baby also... :001_302:

PTB7476

Ohhh... I mean when you take the fibre, must take even more water than you usually consume. Before I got pregnant, I already have constipation but as long as I take fibre, my bowel is ok. After I got pregnant, if I take only the fibre, my bowel is only every other day but if I eat apples, will pass everyday... Actually should eat more fruits, cos it contains folic acid, which is food for our baby also... :001_302:
Thanks I will try your method :)

christine77sg

try to tak a glass of hot water 1st thing in the morning. It wks for my fren.

Coincidentally, I also eat apple almost evryday. I also hv no problem so far.. touch wood. :Dancing_wub: Not sure if it is bcos of the apple.