Cooking lesson

Ivy Miao

Any mummies know where can I take cooking and baking lesson? Im staying in Yishun area and would like to learn to cook dinner for Hub and family everyday. Thanks! =)

camom

Are you looking for hands on type or those where they demo to you and you get the recipe to try at home? If the demo type, then u can try Community Centres. They have such classes and are pretty cheap. If you are looking for the hands on type, then you might want to check out Shermay's School of Cooking. I heard quite good reviews abt the school.

Shermay's Cooking School - Home

I think Phoon Huat also has baking classes as well.

Actually, there are many sites on the internet that have very gd recipes and are easy to make.

Ivy Miao

Are you looking for hands on type or those where they demo to you and you get the recipe to try at home? If the demo type, then you can try Community Centres. They have such classes and are pretty cheap. If you are looking for the hands on type, then you might want to check out Shermay's School of Cooking. I heard quite good reviews about the school.

Shermay's Cooking School - Home

I think Phoon Huat also has baking classes as well.

Actually, there are many sites on the internet that have very good recipes and are easy to make.
Thanks, Camom mummy.. CC doesnt have hands on??

meiteoh

If you have friends who know how to cook/bake, maybe you can arrange a get-together and cook/bake together with them. It's an inexpensive way of learning plus it's good for building relationships. :)

Ivy Miao

If you have friends who know how to cook/bake, maybe you can arrange a get-together and cook/bake together with them. It's an inexpensive way of learning plus it's good for building relationships. :)
haha.. Thats a good idea. But my friends all doesnt know how to cook. I will try calling CC to check bout it.. =)

camom

Thanks, Camom mummy.. CC doesnt have hands on??
I don't think so, but better call and check. My friend attended a few last year and she told me the students watch the instructor demo and bring back a portion of the food each.

camom

Great idea! U can start off from simple stuff. I remember the 1st thing I attempted with my friends was sushi. So ambitious! In the end, no one dared to eat the end product, haahaahaa.

meiteoh

LOL...at least you guys had fun! :)

I remember making potluck dishes with church friends - things like mashed potatoes, garlic bread and pasta salads.

Then when I was in Australia, my housemates and I would cook together - my Swiss Italian housemate would watch me cook up Asian dishes and he would teach me how to make tiramisu, lasagna and risotto. My Jap housemate would teach us how to make tempura and sushi. :)

maybe you can try this so ez cooking studio at great world city?

i read about it in the papers once whereby they provide you hands on classes for cooking and baking.

prices wise if i can remember correctly are quite reasonable.

maybe can try that one?

june_lim

Hi,

Maybe i can help you on that. I am someone that enjoy cooking. Well we could get together or maybe i can teach you to cook some of dishes at your place for free. Just give me a call and we can arrange a time.

cheers
June
Mobile - 83333983

konoha

Hi Ivy

i went for lessons at the CC but it is all demo, afterwhich i went for Hands on lesson conducted by this chef after my sis ordered some cupcakes from her. her lesson are all hands on and it was fun!! PM if you wish to get her contact

Sharon Neo

Any mummies know where can I take cooking and baking lesson? Im staying in Yishun area and would like to learn to cook dinner for Hub and family everyday. Thanks! =)
Hi Ivy

This is Sharon, just newly joined. I know how to cook and bake, coincidentally I'm running some cupcake decor classes in July....details yet to be finalised.
If you are keen to have hands on cooking/baking lessons, pls email me at sneo2802@yahoo.com or call me at 6787 2786 where we can talk further.

Cheers!
Sharon
Resident in Tampines

Phoebii Cheng

Hi Ivy

This is Sharon, just newly joined. I know how to cook and bake, coincidentally I'm running some cupcake decor classes in July....details yet to be finalised.
If you are keen to have hands on cooking/baking lessons, pls email me at sneo2802@yahoo.com or call me at 6787 2786 where we can talk further.

Cheers!
Sharon
Resident in Tampines
Hi Sharon,

How much do you charge for cooking lessons?