Coping with night feeding

lisa_ng

bf is more tedious i suppose.

for us,
my hubby will sleep earlier, i will sleep late where i will feed before i go to bed. after that the next feed my hubby will wake up to feed.
my daughter feed time is nearly 4hours interval so still quite alright for us.
when she was born my hubby does all night feed de. hehe

but har now she 2yo le still wake up for milk at night de, once or twice.

Oppsgal

bf is more tedious i suppose.

for us,
my hubby will sleep earlier, i will sleep late where i will feed before i go to bed. after that the next feed my hubby will wake up to feed.
my daughter feed time is nearly 4hours interval so still quite alright for us.
when she was born my hubby does all night feed de. hehe

but har now she 2yo le still wake up for milk at night de, once or twice.
Your hubby don't have to work? Mine have to work, so think abit harder.

wenz

me opposite from u, i'll sleep earlier cos my hubby got the habit of sleeping late like 12am - 1am everyday... so i sleep around 10pm and he'll look after the baby till about 1am and feed before going to bed... i'll wake up around 3am to do the rest of the feeding...
now my DD going to 3yrs old soon... she had stop waking up in the middle of the nite for milk since she was 20months... so i can sleep thru the nite...

but new one coming.. meaning the cycle of waking up every other hours is coming back also!

LoVeS

I guess there's nothing much u can do except for waking up to feed ur bb~ I believe tat is a way most mummies go thru except for those who r really luckily tat their newborn tat slp thru the nite which is really rare~

lisa_ng

Your hubby don't have to work? Mine have to work, so think abit harder.
my hubby works. but he can wake up when my daughter cry for milk.
for me once i fall asleep i can hardly wake up so i choose to stay up late.hehe

BbpHir3

DH works part time when DD born.. so he not eligible for paternal leaves... wat we are doing now is that.. when DH working the next day, i'll wake up for the feed.. when DH not working the next day, it's his job.. but i end up waking up to "supervise".. hahaha.. dunno y will lyk tat... DD now 3mths niaz, but usually will slp thru the night.. no matter how noisy (cuz sometimes DH n I will watch movies in the room at night mahz) she oso can slp thru de.. den if MIL working afternoon shift, den i'll carry DD to PIL de room after bout 8am de morning feed.. so i can catch somemore slp.. nowadays, DD will slp for bout 1-2 hrs after that feed.. den wake up n complain, "y no 1 in d room de? i wan bathe liaoz lehz!!" lol..

jojoki

me too hubby will start his shift ar around 12am to 1.30 am then i 'll do the rest. day time when bb naps i try to nap too!

Jovyna

we both got to work... but we sleep at e same time... last feeding of my 2 months old son usually is ard 12+... Den he will guai guai sleep till about 6+ den ask for another feeding... We both have to wake up and feed him becos he give no chance de... Hungry means hungry... He will just cry straight away... thus one of us got to entertain him while e other one prepare e milk... after tat den we can get back to sleep...

CanCanMum

hahahha....sounds beri much like my sonnie las time

alarm liao within 20 seconds muz have milk if not cry nonstop.....jialatz

las time i carry him one hand and den make milk other hand...bo bianz

Oppsgal

hahahha....sounds beri much like my sonnie las time

alarm liao within 20 seconds muz have milk if not cry nonstop.....jialatz

las time i carry him one hand and den make milk other hand...bo bianz
Your hand so much strength? My Hb does that. Haha... The baby so heavy, I almost fall backwards when carry. So I don't carry in one hand, need two hands.

CanCanMum

hahahhahaha

bo bianz...my DH last time slept like a pig...lols

i am quite big sized la....last time i throw discus de~ lols

Domique

I agree... More of getting used to the sleepless nights and learning how to catch sleep whenever we can....

During the first few days, really suffer a lot.... now bb one month plus, already used to it.

Good luck!

I guess there's nothing much u can do except for waking up to feed ur bb~ I believe tat is a way most mummies go thru except for those who r really luckily tat their newborn tat slp thru the nite which is really rare~

JacquiLau

WOW! So envious! Hubby actually helps with the feed! Once my hubby fall asleep even screaming baby isn't going to wake him up... He sleep like the dead! I always get wake up to feed baby and sometime hubby will wake up briefly... rub my back... pet pet me then straight away fall back to sleep... *sigh* So I have to do all the night feed but so far not too bad, I only need to wake up 3 times at most... :001_302:

AugBoyz

Start a routine, try to train ur baby to do with out nite feed. Even bf babies can do it. Read up Baby Whisperer.

jojoki

Start a routine, try to train ur baby to do with out nite feed. Even bf babies can do it. Read up Baby Whisperer.

how to start routine?? my bb is getting more n more difficult at night... sleep long hours during day n wide awake from midnight onwards... and yesterday she was awake from 12am to 3am!! sleep 10ms wake up till 4am finally slept till around 6am... today again!! sigh.. wanna faint liao cos i'm not a nap person .. v v v difficult to fall asleep n i take care of baby alone round the clock.. hubby recently also reluctant to take care baby.

AugBoyz

how to start routine?? my bb is getting more n more difficult at night... sleep long hours during day n wide awake from midnight onwards... and yesterday she was awake from 12am to 3am!! sleep 10ms wake up till 4am finally slept till around 6am... today again!! sigh.. wanna faint liao cos i'm not a nap person .. v v v difficult to fall asleep n i take care of baby alone round the clock.. hubby recently also reluctant to take care baby.
Base on ur scenario, u baby has mixed up day n nite, thus she is wide awake from 12am onwards. You have to train ur baby to differentiate day n nite.

I followed Baby Whisperer's method and i set up a routine for my then 3mths son.

7am milk
7am - 10am, change diaper, play, sing song, watch tv, cuddling etc etc
10am milk
10am - 11am change diaper, play, sing song, watch tv, cuddling etc etc
11am bath
11.30 - 1pm nap
1pm milk
1.30pm - 4pm nap
4pm milk
4pm - 6pm, change diaper, play, sing song, watch tv, cuddling etc etc
6pm milk (tanking up)
6pm - 8pm, no exciting play etc, need to calm baby to get ready for bed as do not want to over stimulate the baby.
8pm milk (tanking up)
8.30pm use towel n warm water to wipe baby, change into pj, clean diaper n off to bed.
11pm milk (dream feed)
11pm - 7am in dream land

The above is just a guide for you. For more detailed routine, tanking up and dream feed, read up The Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hoggs or visit the website www.babywhisperer.com.

When my son was a NB he is also very cranky n awake at nite, after i started this routine, he knows that when I change him into his pj, its bed time, no more fuss n crying (except when he has got collic haha~)

lisa_ng

wonder how may mos is your bb?

i remember first 2 mos are really tiring. as the bb doesn't sleep in the night.
after the 2nd mos everything went back to normal. sleeping in the night.
they need some time to adjust to our sleeping timing.
which is true enough as i have sign up for those babycenter.com so every day or every week they will send email to tell you what you will be expecting.

that time, we tried not to let her sleep in the day so that she can sleep in the night. but no up to use.
whereas when the time is right, she will automatically adjust it right.