Copper IUD or Mirena

lonerjas

Initially i wanted ligation but found out Mt A don have tis service due to is a christian hospital.

Then found out more that tis procedure needs cut tummy eee, so i don wan le.. Unless my tis delivery sway la C sect. all my delivery is natural de.

ANyway found out that Copper IUD or Mirena is not bad oso thou is not permanant.

Copper IUD is $30 done at polyclinic afer menses and can last 3yrs ( correct me if i m wrong got the $$ from another forum de dunno how accurate )

Mirena is $600 to be done at KKH ( dunno got include doc fees anot de LOL )

i wan to try the polyclinic 1 but dunno how is the side effects like. Menses heavy is no issue to me as my menses come 3 days or less. Main ting is will put on alot weight not?? Any comments?

For MIrena i tink quite some will put on weight. And it will lessen menses.. I don need less menses la i already very less.

stonston

I thought the main difference between copper IUD & Mirena is that the latter has time release hormones inside to prevent pregnancy (that explains the price, else the IUD is actually a very simple device)? Copper IUD is to physically block the sperms from meeting the egg by blocking the fallopian tube?

Pei Qing

Haiya... I inserted the mirena iud. Last month I had a full month of menses, 1-2 days stop in btwn. This month my menses haf nt come yet. I am really afraid of bein pregnant AGAIN.