Cough, can still take tofu?

Gumi

Hi Mummies
My son is having slight cough but with phelgm, so I would like to know, is it OK to let him take tofu at this stage?

Thanks all in advance for the advise.

diymummy

But why the concern with tofu? Unless your child is allergic to it, it should be safe during times of cough. And it depends what is the cause of the cough. If it is asthmatic, food can also be triggers.

If no allergy to tofu and having cough, I would say avoid chicken and eggs.

Gumi

Hmm..I tot maybe tofu belongs to those "liang" type? I'm not very sure..my mum said don feed him wif that...i don't know why and that's why I ask.

Phoebii Cheng

Hmm I think cough can still take tofu.....only thing I heard is like what diymummy said, cannot eat chicken.........

As for cough, they hv the "liang" or the "re" cough.....cannot remember which is which, "liang" is cough in the morning or night.........

Fiona73

I was told by my Sinseh, do not use IKAN Bilis, Soya product, Chicken, Egg and Fish or Seafood when cough. They will make you cough more. Maybe you want to take note.

capricon

Hi Gumi,

My sinseh told me that my son can't take tofu when he has cough and phlegm, as he is the "liang" type. Chicken and egg also to be avoided. Egg do increase phlegm, as I gave elder gal when she has a cough. I can hear her phlegm increase, so I stopped giving her eggs for the time being. Like what Fion73 says, fish and seafood also needs to be avoided but it depends on individual. I gave my kids fish, and their cough didn't worsen. Hope this helps.

TANZHENZHI

I also heard from the doc that when cough cannot take tofu. Also to aviod foods like what diymummy and Fiona mentions.