Couple's time

meiteoh

Instead of telling her what she CANNOT do, why not tell her something she CAN do?

Like I'll pack my boy's fave snack & ask my mum to feed him that. Will also tell her what to give him at what time so that she wont have any chance to give him other nonsense.
Ja ja...I second this. I recently tried this trick with my mum and things were way better. Really like handling children. :/

Funz

Just try it out this once and see how. If it works out great, then you and your hubby can have more couple time together in future. If not, then no choice, gotta be threesome all the time.

I leave my kids with my mum overnight. In fact, left DS when he was 4mths old with my mum and went for a trip with DH & DD. But different lah for my case cos mum was helping care for my kids when I work.

I guess all the concerns are understandable and valid. But you will never know until you try. And even if your MIL gave your kid a little of the stuff that you won't give currently, doubt it will cause much harm. Just make sure she knows if your kid has any allergies.

adv_sports

annie, I am like u -- feel uncomfy to leave my baby with someone while enjoying couple time...

hubby feels that i put too much emphasis on our baby and suggested a couple date... we took leave on a weekday and left baby at infant care... our plan was to watch a movie, lunch and shopping... on our 1st couple date, i started to feel guilty and fetch baby from infant care after movie and quick lunch... hubby was disappointed...

this week, we had our 2nd couple date. we went for the movie 2012, had sumptous japanese lunch and shopping -- had a wonderful relaxing day :) guess it comes with practice and we mummy must learn to let go...

do give it a try and hope u enjoy the must-awaited coupe time :)

annie

LOL thats the movie which i wanted to watch!!! hehe. Is that nice?

yah i also thought i might not be able to enjoy the movie... will keep thinking of my girl maybe..n keep asking hubby to call MIL n check how she is lol

autumn82

LOL thats the movie which i wanted to watch!!! hehe. Is that nice?

yah i also thought i might not be able to enjoy the movie... will keep thinking of my girl maybe..n keep asking hubby to call mother in law n check how she is lol
During movies cannot use mobile.. :p Wahahaah. I also wanna watch tt..

Domique

Me and hubby both also cannot let go... cannot bear to leave alaric with anyone else. my hubby thinks i am the best caregiver and i have never pass alaric to anyone's care before. and he thinks he is the second best caregiver... hahaha

so we had never gone out without him.

We have our couple time too...

we go buffet and shopping.. with alaric... hee

i think when its time we learn how to let go... :p we will try.

any parents like us so kiasu?

apollo

cancanmum is right! 2012 is VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i watch until dont bear to come out! haha!!!

dont buiy popcorn hor, cos the movie too nice liaoo, u will forget to eat ur popcorn! HAHA!

CanCanMum

cancanmum is right! 2012 is VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i watch until dont bear to come out! haha!!!

dont buiy popcorn , cos the movie too nice liaoo, you will forget to eat your popcorn! HAHA!
LOLS~~~~

i always buy OREO cheese cake to eat + Nachos

lols~~~~

the Special Effects is STUNNING - stunning is all i can say....breathless.....

snowbear

Me and hubby both also cannot let go... cannot bear to leave alaric with anyone else. my hubby thinks i am the best caregiver and i have never pass alaric to anyone's care before. and he thinks he is the second best caregiver... hahaha

so we had never gone out without him.

We have our couple time too...

we go buffet and shopping.. with alaric... hee

i think when its time we learn how to let go... :p we will try.

any parents like us so kiasu?
ME ME!! Hehe... only last Wednesday, after 16mths of no-couple time, we left alicia at my mum's place for the first time for 1.5hrs! haha... we just wanted to test out to see if she will look for us coz we intend to go for our anniversary dinner soon so try out first. :tlaugh:And she was FINE! :001_302:

annie

domique, n ME! lol. till now its always 3 of us when we go out lol

wah~now i cant wait to go watch... at first was wondering if can bring my girl in... dunno she will be attracted by the big screen inside n stay guai guai or not? anyone tried?

CanCanMum

we brought baber to watch movie when he was 14 months old....

standard action they will do inside = Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

the only show he stayed awake in history are:

1) CJ 7

2) 2 fast 2 furious

annie

sleep??? so noisy can sleep? anyway my girl seldom sleep outside for long. usually 30mins only..

CanCanMum

???!!! noisy???

u dun believe can try lols~~~~

anyway they will sleep and den wake up againzzz.....most of the time when they wake up they dunno where they are....and will fuss a bit. but if can handle them its fine.

so far we have been watching movies with a sleeping baber

Last edited:

chiro

alamak.. I mus haf been a bad mummy.. My sonis a permanent resident at my mums place on weekends n other ad hoc times

n we haf been leavin my son wif my mill since he was a few days old

we need to haf sometime to ourselves..

apollo

alamak.. I mus have been a bad mummy.. My sonis a permanent resident at my mums place on weekends n other ad hoc times

n we have been leavin my son with my mill since he was a few days old

we need to have sometime to ourselves..
me too! i always leave ds with my mum whenever we need to go out as a couple or to get some groceries... only recently we bring him out often haha..

adoncia

every weekend my son and daughter goes to my mom's place and stay over the weekend. only come back on sunday. so we actually have the weekend for ourselves to do what we want, and go dating... :D

Ting

for me, i live with my parents n weekends they sure to bring her out, so my weekends r free.
weekdays, sometimes will meet up some frens for dinner.
as for movie, pin will watch halfway n tell me, she wanna go hoem cos very boring... -.-"
but a pack of popcorn can last ehr thruout the show... she will just munch non stop!