COV is madness

tinkerball

Hi girls have any of you approached HDB?They do have rejected flats which ppl reject and are not on the market and if you can go see your MP it helps.Hdb also repossess flats and maybe you can look for those.They come cheaper with 0 cov.Also those whose family income should go see HDB to aply for low income group flats.
those flats will only be available in sales of balance flats lahhh.. last it was open for application was in october. dunno when's the next one. if its that easy to approach hdb for such flats everyone will have got a flat and no need to ballot for bto's.

vinder79

those flats will only be available in sales of balance flats lahhh.. last it was open for application was in october. dont know when's the next one. if its that easy to approach hdb for such flats everyone will have got a flat and no need to ballot for bto's.
That why my post stated go see your MP.For ppl who desperatedly need a flat the MP can write in to HDB for u.I had problems with my MIL and desperately wanted a flat i went to my MPhe wrote 2 letters and HDB called me down for interview on 18/01/10.I got my keys on 24/02/10.

tinkerball

That why my post stated go see your MP.For ppl who desperatedly need a flat the MP can write in to HDB for you.I had problems with my mother in law and desperately wanted a flat i went to my MPhe wrote 2 letters and HDB called me down for interview on 18/01/10.I got my keys on 24/02/10.
i went TWICE to the MP in 2009. not much help. and i believe its bcos they were aware we had a place to stay so they didnt see the urgency despite the fact that our current place is very cramped and that we need to find a place near my mum's.

vinder79

i went TWICE to the MP in 2009. not much help. and i believe its bcos they were aware we had a place to stay so they didnt see the urgency despite the fact that our current place is very cramped and that we need to find a place near my mum's.

Hi yup that all matters u see i told my MP i am at the verge of strangling my mum in law or either going to go into depression due to her attitude and actions.Some times they understand abt family difficulties.By the way why dont u approach i think its the org for chinese families.Enlist their help.I am a person who will knock all doors to get what i want and what i wanted was to be away from that DEVIL.Otherwise look for bank repossed HDB flats i am not sure if these are still available in the market though.I 2 initially wante a flat in jurong but when HDB offered me this and the price was within my budget i grabbed it.

tinkerball

Hi yup that all matters you see i told my MP i am at the verge of strangling my mum in law or either going to go into depression due to her attitude and actions.Some times they understand about family difficulties.By the way why dont you approach i think its the org for chinese families.Enlist their help.I am a person who will knock all doors to get what i want and what i wanted was to be away from that DEVIL.Otherwise look for bank repossed HDB flats i am not sure if these are still available in the market though.I 2 initially wante a flat in jurong but when HDB offered me this and the price was within my budget i grabbed it.
approach org for chinese families?:tlaugh: im a malay lol.. no need to search already liaoo cos i got a flat now :Dancing_wub:but its from open market. unfortunately im one of those who have to cave in to cov madness. but its low cov for me so at least not so bad though it burnt a super big hole in my tiny pocket:nah:

vinder79

approach org for chinese families?:tlaugh: im a malay lol.. no need to search already liaoo cos i got a flat now :Dancing_wub:but its from open market. unfortunately im one of those who have to cave in to cov madness. but its low cov for me so at least not so bad though it burnt a super big hole in my tiny pocket:nah:
So sorry did not hit me.Anyway yes u an always approach your racial org for help also.As for being burnt by COV i feel that its true unless there is a cap all will be burnt.My mum in march paid $22000 cov for a 4ng(evaluation 228 000) at teck whye blk 15.

LoVeS

So sorry did not hit me.Anyway yes you an always approach your racial org for help also.As for being burnt by COV i feel that its true unless there is a cap all will be burnt.My mum in march paid $22000 cov for a 4ng(evaluation 228 000) at teck whye blk 15.
Same lor me in Apr paid 27k for COV @ jurong west~ Really hate the COV ~ It cut down our reno fee budget :embarrassed:

Juz17

i had a really stressful year looking for a flat from hdb and open market. since the sudden rise of property prices last year i find it increasingly ridiculous to find a flat. with 0 cash at hand my mum in law finally decided to loan us 10k for cov. so with a little bit more confidence we continue our search only to find out 10k is just peanuts. even a flat with original condition is asking for at least 20k. at one point i was frustrated and wondering why is government not doing anything to curb this issue. waiting for bto flats takes a few years for those who needs flats urgently while for low income people it is practically impossible to get a flat from open market becos of this word COV. blame it on the people who started the trend in the 1st place where soon everyone follows suit. luckily managed to get a 3rm flat with low cov recently and immediately i felt a huge burden lifted off my mind. i certainly do feel that its getting increasingly hard to live in this country with everything getting expensive.
After reading your post, I totally feel for you cos I encounter the same issue as you!! This is really horrible! I wonder why does the government don't have a better policy for us!? :(

Juz17

How many of you guys shared the same with me???

To house sellers, pls be reasonable! and not take the opportunity to demand and demand.. :shyxxx:
I totally understand how you feel...cos I think getting a resale flat is impossible due to high COV and getting a BTO flat (as a 2nd timer) is also slim slim chance! I hate it!!! :(

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Channel NewsAsia - HDB resale prices hit record high again rising by 4.1% in Q2 - channelnewsasia.com

"SINGAPORE: DB resale flat prices have hit record highs again. Prices rose by 4.1 per cent in the second quarter of 2010 compared with the previous quarter. This makes it the fifth straight quarter of increase.

According to the latest data from HDB, the median COV is now some S$30,000 for all resale transactions. But market watchers said the market could be reaching a threshold soon..."

:err::err::err::err::err::err:
This is like so.... LAST quarter....
reaching threshold??? ya right....

Mumylicious

im also looking for a resale flat...gonna give up on the BTO applications which is really a waste of time n $...u have any agent to recommend?

Buying a New Flat!

I agree with all of you. COV is madness!! We just got our HLE letter stating we can get loan upto 500.000 so we started to look for agents to help us in buying our very 1st flat! When we told the agent our COV is not more than 20k-25k, he said its not enough! I was like "wht the hell"... Our cpf is abt 10k. And thats not includin my hubby cpf! He just got his PR so no cpf!

And also need to pay agent or not we are not sure!!! Buying a flat is a big HEADACHE!!!

Any advice for me?
I want near book keng - sengkang area. Near Amenities. Mid floor/corner unit. Simple and well reno. Dnt hv to be expert..:eek: is my budget ok?? Or too little??? Any good nice agents to refer me???

Thanks

pixie

For those of you who is short of cash, have you thought of balloting Sales of Balance Flats system? Buying direct from HDB itself, you pay zero COV.