Crying in the middle of the night (12.30am to 3am) everyday!!!

Juz17

Dear all,
Thanks for Yr postings, advices n tips! I really apreciate that. :)
From the night before's Yao LAN sleep n yesterday's playpen sleep, I realize dear son actually wants ppl to cradle him...comfort. I guess colic do play a part too.
The night b4 I put him Yao LAN, he slept from 12am to 7am. Wake up twice cos cradle stop n he wee wee. We tried feed him milk he only drink abit too.
Yesterday night my parents help me take care. I put him in playpen then same thing happen. He drank milk at 1plus, then put him in playpen (yao LAN in my bedroom, playpen in parent's room), he woke up shortly n Dunwan to sleep till 3am. Poor parents. I already experience b4.
So I finally realize comfort is Wat he wans...:)

Juz17

Sry if my post always alot spelling errors cos using iPhone to reply. Lol then try editting but cannot scroll up. -.- if u need someone to tAlk to can find me although I oso first time mummy! :001_302:
Yes u r right, they want comfort only. I haven try gripe water cos he is less than 1 mth. I got colic drops from doc though. :) I heard water for bbs b4 6 mths can b quite harmful cos it might wash the nutrients away. So how u give her gripe water? Direct? My dear son dun like medicine cos he close his mouth tight! Lol.
Anyway I so far learning to realize lots of things thanks to everyone here n also experiencing!:))
Thank u!!

Before she 1 mth I feed 2.5ml with 1 oz of Water. Now 5ml with 1 oz of water . it's sweet my girl lovEs drinking it! Lol. I did ask doc can feed? He say as long as it's after milk abt 1 hr and before her next feed 1 hr can le. Got interval can le. when I feed gripe water i nv touch the colic drops anymore . Lol

Juz17

Before she 1 mth I feed 2.5ml with 1 oz of Water. Now 5ml with 1 oz of water . it's sweet my girl lovEs drinking it! Lol. I did ask doc can feed? He say as long as it's after milk abt 1 hr and before her next feed 1 hr can le. Got interval can le. when I feed gripe water i nv touch the colic drops anymore . Lol
Oh so effective ah? :)
Anyway now im still giving him colic drops, if no improvement i will consult my PD for gripe water.

Thanks for sharing!

Juz17

You never put him on your arm to feed?
Got...but i put his head on my left arm...and my left fingers can reach his left face ma...he 'leaks' milk on his right...:X
Anyway now he got phlegm so he drinks abit and choke...drinks abit and choke...sigh...so poor thing...and he also dun finish his milk at one go now...sigh...
Now giving him phlegm syrup, hope he will get better...

joeybeadz

Got...but i put his head on my left arm...and my left fingers can reach his left face ma...he 'leaks' milk on his right...:X
Anyway now he got phlegm so he drinks abit and choke...drinks abit and choke...sigh...so poor thing...and he also dun finish his milk at one go now...sigh...
Now giving him phlegm syrup, hope he will get better...
is the teat hole too big thus too fast for him to swallow?

apollo

yeah!

But now i got another serious problem...PHLEGM! he has been coughing for 2 weeks and everytime he drink his milk, he cough... :(
he only cough during milk feeds or coughs during other time? if only during milk feeds, sounds more like choking to me. but if he keeps coughing, means he has caught a virus, pls bring him to a pd, yes a pd, dont bring to gp or polyclinic =)

Juz17

he only cough during milk feeds or coughs during other time? if only during milk feeds, sounds more like choking to me. but if he keeps coughing, means he has caught a virus, pls bring him to a pd, yes a pd, dont bring to gp or polyclinic =)
Hi Apollo,
Observation today is he cough during milk feed...i think he has recovered slightly from his flu phlegm...:) tml bringing him to see PD for jab...will let PD noe..:)

apollo

Hi Apollo,
Observation today is he cough during milk feed...i think he has recovered slightly from his flu phlegm...:) tml bringing him to see PD for jab...will let PD noe..:)
yup rmb to let the pd noe BEFORE the jab. let pd check whether he is really unwell. and rmb to clear all ur doubts =)

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
Hi TS,

my baby girl is facing the actual suitation as yours!!

i am very sad... but when i see her smile, my heart melts :shyxxx:

i also very tired... always wanted to feed her whenever she cries.... :embarrassed:

tml last day to her 1st month le.. goin bring her for jab...

hope after that, she is much better~~~~~~~~~

Juz17

yup rmb to let the pd noe BEFORE the jab. let pd check whether he is really unwell. and rmb to clear all ur doubts =)
Hee...came back already. :)
DS is a brave boy...cry abit then stop le! :)
Anyway PD check him first b4 jab and everything is fine. :)
Heee

Juz17

Hi TS,

my baby girl is facing the actual suitation as yours!!

i am very sad... but when i see her smile, my heart melts :shyxxx:

i also very tired... always wanted to feed her whenever she cries.... :embarrassed:

tml last day to her 1st month le.. goin bring her for jab...

hope after that, she is much better~~~~~~~~~
Hello,

Well, my boy juz passed his one month mark...so far his sleep is better now. Perhaps let me summarize the advices I got everywhere...

1) Sarong Cradle - Works for my son...i even invest in the machine to yao...cos my son always got startle in sleep and he will cry...so shake shake he can sleep thru out one day...

2) Colic - I bring my son to PD to get colic drops...so its slightly better. A note, make sure you burp yr darling girl well....else sit her up for 5 - 10 mins before you put her to sleep...

3) Gripe water - I know the box state for one month and above, i did try abit for him...so far i only feed him twice...so not sure if this work or not

4) Pacifier - I need to 'force' my son to eat tutu and he can calm himself down...

Oh baby cry le...u try the above method see if it works! :) Jia you!

joeybeadz

Hello,

Well, my boy juz passed his one month mark...so far his sleep is better now. Perhaps let me summarize the advices I got everywhere...

1) Sarong Cradle - Works for my son...i even invest in the machine to yao...cos my son always got startle in sleep and he will cry...so shake shake he can sleep thru out one day...

2) Colic - I bring my son to PD to get colic drops...so its slightly better. A note, make sure you burp yr darling girl well....else sit her up for 5 - 10 mins before you put her to sleep...

3) Gripe water - I know the box state for one month and above, i did try abit for him...so far i only feed him twice...so not sure if this work or not

4) Pacifier - I need to 'force' my son to eat tutu and he can calm himself down...

Oh baby cry le...u try the above method see if it works! :) Jia you!
My girl will split the tutu out... also good.. haaa.. save money.

Leomaiden

hi all, i am also facing the same situation. My 1 mth old baby girl will sleep through the days and wide awake in the night (12am to 5am). She refuses to sleep on her baby cot and wants me/my mum to carry her. (She will cry once we put her on her baby cot). Likewise, we went to a GP and got her colic drops. She hardly burp but fart alot. Currently still feeding her with colic drops and have started trying sarong cradle. Hopefully she would guai guai sleep in the night.

Jaschy

hi all, i am also facing the same situation. My 1 mth old baby girl will sleep through the days and wide awake in the night (12am to 5am). She refuses to sleep on her baby cot and wants me/my mum to carry her. (She will cry once we put her on her baby cot). Likewise, we went to a GP and got her colic drops. She hardly burp but fart alot. Currently still feeding her with colic drops and have started trying sarong cradle. Hopefully she would guai guai sleep in the night.
if baby dun want to sleep at night and want us to carry is colic ar ? but day time she is ok leh.. My girl also like that leh.. she sleeps a lot in the day time but once nightfall especially after her 1-2 am feed she will be wide awake and does not want to sleep in her cot.. only want ppl to carry her.. is this colic ? or just that they are still not use to day and night time ?