CS Montessori & Growing up Gifted

fufu

Hi! Mummies,
My daughter attended GUG @ United Square since she's 10 mths old and now she has moved to Parent & Tods class. Other then cleanliness, overall the teaching method is good especially the Zoo Phonics. There will always be few parents bringing their sick child to class considering the course fee is not cheap. Usually before entering the class the trs will chk and sterilise every child's hands hence is quite safe. before signing up a class, you shld try to find out which trs are more popular by asking around or seeing thru the peephole how the trs conduct the classes. Advisable to go during Sat or Sun usually the staff wont bother you too much if you stand o/side the class and peep thru if they really asked just say you are one of the tod parents hee! you may consider SUNTEC branch as it is new.
hi mummies who still have their tods at united sq's GUG, who are the "good" teachers? Thinking of signing her up coz very near my mum's place...

anxious mum

Hi mummies,

just want to share this great play-learning at Tanglin Road called Genius Space. You might want to visit it's website at htt://www.genius-space.com
It uses Alphabet Zoo Adventure (UK) which is very up to date instead of Zoo Phonics cos the later is using American pronunciation.It uses drama to inculcates literacy and numerals. Indeed, brain development activities are also incorporated. Neway, it's having early birds promo now.

starystarynite

Alpha Male
Hi All,

Anyone tried Genius Space?

My DS is with LNT for 2 years now. Enrolled him since 9 months old. Now thought of giving him a change since the activities has been pretty standard and we did some at home too.

Any experience to share with Genius Space? Especially parents that have been with their program for a while. Any difference that you see on your child?

What sorts of brain development program they incorporate into their program? Did they do flash card? photographic memory? linking memory, eye tracking exercise too?

Pls share your expperience. thanks,

starynite

camom

Got any GUG - mandarin version a not?
dont know what they teaches in the other mandarin classes like Tianxia, etc...

My DW plays alphabet games with my dear daughter.... A for blablabla... B for blablabla... now my dear daughter knows F for Fantastic... sibei funny :)

dont know how to teach Mandarin that way... how to increase dear daughter's Mandarin vocab?
Daddy D, if you want chinese class, try Berries. more fun for preschoolers. Tien Hsia more serious.

ideeanna

my boy attended GUG since he is 8mth old....he benefited from the class very much...now he is able to say from A-Z and A for what till Z...he is 3yr old now...and he is able to express himself.....
Hi Yakii,
Any particular teacher you would like to recommend? I tried to register for Tr Daniel's and Tr Shirley's class but still unsuccessful :-(

ideeanna

Hi starystarynigght,
Do you have any idea whether this Genius Space is still functioning? I tried contacting them but to date still unsucessful. Even no response for the email query...

Last edited:

ideeanna

Hi starystarynight,
Do you have any idea whether this Genius Space is still functioning? I tried contacting them but to date still unsucessful. Even no response for the email query...

mummluv

My kids are with GUG United Square since 18 mths old and must say we've been happy past 2 years. Aside from Zoophonics (which thanks to GUG both our kids have learnt to read very quickly!), we think their curriculum is also v good. They have experiments, cooking, live music sessions, etc. The activities are always fun and overall we have seen great results.

So far I know other preschools also don't sterilize after every class. But it's true at GUG they're quite strict about taking temperature and checking to make sure adults and kids are not sick before allowing them into class. They also have anti-bacterial air cleaners and hand sanitizers in classrooms.

By the way I just heard from someone at Zoophonics that Bibinogs has been practising Zoophonics illegally!!! Seems they won't be given the licence or approval to continue. Has anyone heard abt this?

nickles

I have friends that children attends CS Montessori, both are 5, both are doing fractions and time, and forming sentences. Apparently, their method of teaching is of faster pace and definite preparation of kids for primary one. My niece is also in the Playgroup, and has finished all the basic phonics and now on blending and she is only 3!