Csect in afew hours, Feeling paranoid, hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

uddermummy

conrats Tika on the arrival of your lovely daughter!

when i first had dd, i also couldn't squeeze anything out from my breasts, but i just went ahead and let her latch. She was v happy sucking away at what i thought were my empty breasts.

later i realised that she prob managed to suckle the colostrum cos after a day or two, i managed to squeeze some out.

but then hor, won't have a lot, cos a lact consultant told me that the amount is about a tablespoon or so.

so maybe you can just try letting your dd latch?

tika

im still struggling with bf. Very little colostrum. Baby mea can't latch even with lc help. My nipples are either too short or inverted. Tried using nipple shield, doesn't work. Very disappointed with this second unsuccessful attempt. Starting to believe exclusive pumping is the only solution for me. Nurses here lack compassion too. Sigh i just want to go home. :(

im still struggling with bf. Very little colostrum. Baby mea can't latch even with lc help. My nipples are either too short or inverted. Tried using nipple shield, doesn't work. Very disappointed with this second unsuccessful attempt. Starting to believe exclusive pumping is the only solution for me. Nurses here lack compassion too. Sigh i just want to go home. :(
Congrats my dear!!!

nadmunzuh

Hi tika !! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy !! Its good to hear u and baby are well and healthy.. Ur baby dotta must be cute like her sista...

I delivered my boy 2 wks earlier too by csect and tried to bf him. He sucked but no milk. So I fed him w FM when he cried. Every 3 hours just b4 his next feeding time I put him on my breast and let him sucked. Only 3 days later the colustrum start to come out. Breast feeding newborn sometimes frustrating esp like ur case when ur dotta does not want to latch on. Be patient n hopefully she get used to ur nipple.. Take care and Selamat Hari Raya !!

tika

Hello mommies!!

Thank you so much for the well wishes. I'm SO HAPPY to be home. I left the hospital a day earlier. Buay tahan the nurses there. I'm recovering steadily. :)

Abit on my Csect experience....

10 minutes before they wheeled me into the op theatre, my anesthetist came up to me and tried to persuade me to go for Epi instead of GA. She said it'll be more fun to have hubby inside. I nicely turned down her suggestion and said both hubby and I have made the decision months before today. She didn't seem to like my reply and insisted that I take epi instead. She said it wouldn't hurt one bit. I said it does hurt like hell cos I had epi for my first baby. She said I'm THE FIRST to say epi hurts like hell. I replied my gynae had 2 epis for her two kids and SHE agreed that taking epi does hurt if one is not experiencing contraction pains. I nicely turned her down again but i was fuming inside my heart by this time.

She then said...dont't say I didn't warn you ... GA would be painful and also a big tube will be shoved down your throat and it will hurt. Then she went off. My gynae came 1 minute later and saw i was tearing up. I didn't speak when she asked me whether i'm ok. I know if I were to say anything i'd probably cry. Felt so frightened at that point of time and wanted to just get up and run back to my husband. She just patted my cheeks and said..OK ok..just stick to GA...dont't stress ok...

I remember waking up from the op and I felt excrutiating pain. The anesthetist asked me how i felt. I mumbled its painful. She said... I told you so.

:err:

I gave up latching baby 2 days ago. Very painfullll! Both my nipples bled and it hurts even more to express now. But the good news is my supply is plenty. I can express 150ml from each breast every 4-5 hours, but Mea drinks only 60ml every 3 hours.

One week later and Baby Mea is still slightly jaundiced. I'm wondering whether its what I eat that's causing her to remain jaundiced?

Hari Raya was smooth, hehe. Every visitor self serviced to the food and drinks. All the kancheong-ness the past few weeks were unnecessary.

I finally have time to post afew pics of Mea. Enjoy!

Attachments

haffa

Hello mommies!!

Thank you so much for the well wishes. I'm SO HAPPY to be home. I left the hospital a day earlier. Buay tahan the nurses there. I'm recovering steadily. :)

Abit on my Csect experience....

10 minutes before they wheeled me into the op theatre, my anesthetist came up to me and tried to persuade me to go for Epi instead of GA. She said it'll be more fun to have hubby inside. I nicely turned down her suggestion and said both hubby and I have made the decision months before today. She didn't seem to like my reply and insisted that I take epi instead. She said it wouldn't hurt one bit. I said it does hurt like hell cos I had epi for my first baby. She said I'm THE FIRST to say epi hurts like hell. I replied my gynae had 2 epis for her two kids and SHE agreed that taking epi does hurt if one is not experiencing contraction pains. I nicely turned her down again but i was fuming inside my heart by this time.

She then said...dont't say I didn't warn you ... GA would be painful and also a big tube will be shoved down your throat and it will hurt. Then she went off. My gynae came 1 minute later and saw i was tearing up. I didn't speak when she asked me whether i'm ok. I know if I were to say anything i'd probably cry. Felt so frightened at that point of time and wanted to just get up and run back to my husband. She just patted my cheeks and said..OK ok..just stick to GA...dont't stress ok...

I remember waking up from the op and I felt excrutiating pain. The anesthetist asked me how i felt. I mumbled its painful. She said... I told you so.

:err:

I gave up latching baby 2 days ago. Very painfullll! Both my nipples bled and it hurts even more to express now. But the good news is my supply is plenty. I can express 150ml from each breast every 4-5 hours, but Mea drinks only 60ml every 3 hours.

One week later and Baby Mea is still slightly jaundiced. I'm wondering whether its what I eat that's causing her to remain jaundiced?

Hari Raya was smooth, hehe. Every visitor self serviced to the food and drinks. All the kancheong-ness the past few weeks were unnecessary.

I finally have time to post afew pics of Mea. Enjoy!

Tika....she is soooo adorable!!! The anaesthetist is so insensitive...anyway the most important thing is that u have safely delivered ur baby. Take care of yourself and the baby yeah. Now I can't wait for mine...:)

tika

Tika....she is soooo adorable!!! The anaesthetist is so insensitive...anyway the most important thing is that you have safely delivered your baby. Take care of yourself and the baby yeah. Now I can't wait for mine...:)
thankiu. :)

hope your delivery will be smoother than mine! when are you due?

tika

Hi.... You baby is very adorable & pretty.... Congrats...
Can wait to see how my first baby will look like....
usually the first two hours, newborns look really ugly, my two dotters included. haha. i remembered staring at my first born in shock. :p there was no immediate mommy love there.

usually the first two hours, newborns look really ugly, my two dotters included. haha. i remembered staring at my first born in shock. :p there was no immediate mommy love there.
She's so cute.... Hope my son will have eyes like hers man... Congratulations...

nadmunzuh

Salam Aidilfitri Tika.. ur baby sooo cute, big eyes, cute small lip with thick hair... very adorable.. the jaundice is not due to the food that u eat. its natural for babies to have jaundice a week after they r born. have u bring her to GP/poly to check on her jaundice ? how high is it ?

I didnt expect the anaesthetic was soo mean to u b4 n after the csection.. the service i had at KKH b4 operation was surprisingly superb. The nurses, anaesthetic, the doctors were very friendly. anyway, sorry to hear that latching ur baby was a painful experience to u but glad to know that u manage to express so much milk..

Hope u will recover fast, rest well !!