daughter just doesn't sleep until 2-3am.

mommy.loves

Hi. My daughter, currently 1year 10mths old, does not sleep until 2-3am and this happens daily. I tried to sing songs to her, carry her to sleep but she just won't sleep :( any suggestions?
Thanks!

diymummy

Hmmm.. What time does she wakes up if she sleeps at 2 or 3am? Usually the recommended number of hrs of sleep for a child your girl's age is abt 13 hrs. (How much sleep does your child need? | BabyCenter)

Maybe you can try to let her nap less in total in the day? And set up a nice calming bed time routine (means do it everyday) so that she can settle in faster. For my baby, we would do a mummy and daddy kissing routine, so he knows that it's time to sleep. Before that we would give him a wipe (maybe you could give her a nice hot shower? my baby's 9 months). That's what I do... You can also refer to this site for more ideas: Establishing a bedtime routine with your baby | BabyCenter

jasobias

Hi. My daughter, currently 1year 10mths old, does not sleep until 2-3am and this happens daily. I tried to sing songs to her, carry her to sleep but she just won't sleep :( any suggestions?
Thanks!
I think some kids just sleep late.My kids r like tht too.They at 5 n 7 yrs now sleep abt 12am n get up at 9.Even if they have to get up at 6am they still sleep tht late.n they do not take naps.They gave up naps when they were abt 1 yr old.:eek:
When they were abt 1-2 yrs of age they slept abt 1-3 am too..a headace really!!But they wld get up late abt 11am so i let it be.I tried to change their sleep patterns but to no avail.I know few other parents whose kids r also nite owls.:err:

Ting

pin also slps late. somtimes 1 am then slp.
end up next morn 7 am wake ip gets cranky. but i explain to her, she didn't want to slp, tts why.
now im tryin to train her to slp early, like 9 - 10 pm.
she only take one nap per day in sch. for abt 2 hrs.

mommy.loves

she often wake up at about 9 to 10 am. I can see that she is sleepy at night as she keeps yawning but she just won't slp. She wants to play and play and play. Haha :) Thanks for the advice!

snowbear

My dd is also a nite owl! She usually will sleep only after midnite. 2-3am is quite rare though. How many hours of sleep in total does your bb get (nite sleep + naps)?