Dec 2008 MTB

TLC

Hi all

I'm also new to this forum. My EDD is 16-18 Dec, first bb. Packed hosiptal & all?? Hmm... we are still hunting for a rented apartment. We just relocated back to Sin beginning of this month. There are so many things for me to attend to & my hubby is not in Sin to help me =( Too many overseas trips.

Can anyone tell me if it a must for newborn to sleep in cot? Anyone selling their cot?So many things to buy & not sure where to start.

qristeele

Hi TLC,

It's not really a must for a newborn to sleep in a cot (but I did get one though 'cause we already made a nursery in our home). An alternative sleeping arrangement you can make for your newborn would be to get the The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper. You can simply put it on your own bed but it folds compactly enough for you to bring along on trips, etc. HTHs!

TLC

Am not Stella, I reckon Stella is the original discussion topic starter.
EDD on 28 Dec... Can hold till Jan 1? Be the 1st bb to be born in yr 2009 :tlaugh:Mine is a boy. Urs?

I have 8 more weeks to go but I'm as big as full term oredy. Strangers who see me tell me I must be due any day now... I go to the gym twice a week (with a physical trainer), I walk so much till my doctor told me to take it easy coz my feet too swollen and I don't eat supper. I'm having a girl. Wonder if I can blame my hb for the size of my tummy... he not Asian. :err:

serenelm

hi mummies-to-be

i'm expecting my 3rd ds... actually due on 2 jan 09 but gynae will induce me sometime in mid dec or so... so i'm joining tis thread too :)

TLC

Thks for the info, babtzzz. I think I will go buy a cot afterall. Better to be safe than sorry.

TLC

I have 8 more weeks to go but I'm as big as full term oredy. Strangers who see me tell me I must be due any day now... I go to the gym twice a week (with a physical trainer), I walk so much till my doctor told me to take it easy coz my feet too swollen and I don't eat supper. I'm having a girl. Wonder if I can blame my hb for the size of my tummy... he not Asian. :err:
On the contrary, mine is small and now i'm in my 30th week. I was worried initially but after ultrasound Dr was surprised to see that my bb is above average in size for my small belly.
U cant blame ur hubby la. It's something gotta do with mummy height & body structure accordng to my Dr. I'm tall hence explain the small belly.
U shld try to lift up ur legs whenever u r resting or do prenatal massage (it helps). My legs are starting to swell too lately.

TLC

Hi Hi

I'm hunting high & low for a confinement lady but still couldnt find one. My EDD is 16 Dec & it's our 1st bb. Help... The reason why this late because we have just relocated back to Sin from Oct 1. Beside CL, we r also looking for a place to rent too. So many things to do & so little time. Pls email me (tlc_therese@yahoo.com.sg) if u hv an available gd CL to recommend in Dec.

serenelm

Hi,
Am curious, so early your gynae already decide to induce you? Why ah?
cos for my last birth (ds2), it oni took 1 hr from waterbag burst till delivery... for the entire day, i din hv any pain or symthoms at all... so gynae worried tat i might not make it in time to Mt E if i wait for normal delivery... somemore i stay in sembawang n CTE always jammed... sekali i deliver on CTE... hahaha :tlaugh: tat almost happened for my last birth... i delivered within 20 mins after reaching Mt E...

Wow... lucky thing I live 3 min drive away from TMC! No worries abt giving birth on the way! Might give birth at the parking lot though... parking is quite a nightmare there.