Dehydrating Skin

Little BB

Hi all,

Has anyone experience dehydrating skin on the face?

I'm MTB in mid-Nov 2010. I can see my skin peeling (a bit) around the sides of my nose and lip. Though it is not itchy, there is a red patch appearing near my lower lip. It subside a bit when I apply moisturiser but appears again once I washed my face.

I do not have enzema and was wondering whether it is due to some hormone changes.

Does applying aloe vera helps? :001_302:

xicloudix

it should be hormone changes, before iwas preggy, i have very oily skin, after I got preggy, my skin start to dry, so it somehow balance it and become normal skin....

Phoebii Cheng

Hi ,

Yes I think could be due to hormones changing.....everyone experience different things....tht time for me not so bad, but skin itchy like crazy

me too... i have itchy patch on the face just beside my mouth(left and right), the itchiness will then become brown mark and rough..i tried putting moisturiser sometimes, but will come back again..i am wondering isit some form of infection or pure dryness..
pregnant makes me ugly nw..lol :err:but is worth the sacrifice..: )

Old ppl say if turn ugly after pregnant, means will have daughter. Wonder if its true.

My face turns more oily, even my scalp is affected.

hi christine77sg, no leh is not true.. i am carrying a boy..: )
anyway..i tik expecting a boy will make one look ugly cos of male hormone but i saw my friends expecting gals their faces flourish..lol

Little BB

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing with me your experiences, really appreciate it. :001_302:

I just bought Vitamin E cream from The Body Shop, it helps to moisturise but the moment I wash my mouth area the sides of my lips feels tighten and dries up again....red patch still there...

Looking forward to my next gynae visit which is in a month's time.

Orionbabee79 & Phoebii Cheng:
Did your gynae advise you on apply any loition to stop the itch?

Hi all,

I just bought Vitamin E cream from The Body Shop, it helps to moisturise but the moment I wash my mouth area the sides of my lips feels tighten and dries up again....red patch still there...

Hi Little baby,
i not yet ask my gynae abt it.. i tot maybe after delivery will go facial, will recover..
but my gynae ever mentioned that pregnant woman more prone to itchy skin like those exposed, maybe your hands legs etc...

btw, how advanced r u into ur pregnancy? i am wondering when will the tummy really show cos my tummy is still not very protruding, cannot really see i am pregnant..when lie on the back, is worse is almost flat..lol

Little BB

Hi Orionbabee79,

I'm close to 3 months pregnant, my tummy is not showing too...hee hee...I can still wear my normal clothing. I heard usually tummy will start to showing during the 4th or 5th months of pregnancy. Btw when is your EDD? :)

Hi Orionbabee79,

I'm close to 3 months pregnant, my tummy is not showing too...hee hee...I can still wear my normal clothing. I heard usually tummy will start to showing during the 4th or 5th months of pregnancy. Btw when is your EDD? :)
Hi Little baby,

i am nw 4 mths plus already but tummy not very big, only slight protruding only.. wonder if is ok.. haa.. my tution kid's mom dunno i preg still, tik she cant tell..lol
my edd is 4 oct.

ellyeun

my nose starts to peel too... not only so, the pores seems to be so much more obvious... black heads too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Hi Little baby,

my gynae nvr recommend me cream for the side of the mouth, instead i went to see the skin doc (LS skin and aesthetics) at Taka blk B lvl 8. nw seems to improve, i only apply once..i also use their facial foam instead..
the skin doc told me could b the facial foam i used at home not suitable..

Professional Facial Spa Treatment (Home-based)

Hi Babes,
We are beautician cum acupuncture point therapist, specialize in combining acupuncture techniques to enhance the spa effect to prevent fine lines, improve radiance and multiply the absorption of skincare nutrition. (Don’t get me wrong, totally no needles required).

1 On 1 Home-based Spa Facial Treatment 1st Trial Promo $25 (U.P $62.50) includes:
1. Gentle facial cleansing
2. Deep cleansing spa to improve purities
3. Facial treatment spa to improve hydration and radiance instantly
4. Anti-wrinkle treatment to reduce fine lines & wrinkles
*Bonus: Instant blackhead removal or instant face lifts

Benefit:
Removal of dead cells
Reduce pigmentation
Increase hydration
Improve radiance and flawless complexion
Increase firmness
Reduced wrinkle and fine lines

Experience instant rejuvenation, skin become smoother, subtle, firm and more radiance.
Venue: 5 min walk from Commonwealth MRT or 5 min walk from Boonlay MRT
For home visit: $50 for 1[SUP]st[/SUP] trial only.

For booking and appointment, please call or sms 81818669.

Thank you

pearl87

Hi there. Hormonal changes can really affect your skin condition. Peeling, and sometimes irritation are few of these, so I suggest you to set an appointment to a dermatologist or OB she he/she can prescribe you medications for these.

rafa

Hi Mummys, Just came across this survey done by a young group of polytechnic students that i believe would help us, mothers, understand parenthood better. Would be great if you can help to give your input and spread to others as well as I am sure this would help to benefit us all. Have a nice day.

https://sixplusone.typeform.com/to/ds5XX5