Designing Your Dream Kitchen

autumn82

I have tasklighting ..... HATE IT .... I guess ppl who doesnt really spend time on cooking would find these lightings nice/warm .... not for practical cooking, so dim and not bright like my kitchen lightings, how to see properly? Veg cook or not also cant see properly, everything so yellowish. My kitchen lightings doesnt cast any shadow since it is not located behind me.

The only person who uses yellow light is husband .... said early morning, he just woke up, eyes unable accept brightness.

btw, there's no need to have separate tasklights, a number of kitchen hood comes with it.
Agree! I hate the part where I can't EVEN see if the food is cooked or not. I have to remove the pan/pot away from the stove and place under the kitchen lights to @@. :tlaugh:

But then, some people might like those lights coz they hardly use the kitchen to cook. :)

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Please observe forum rules ...

Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated. No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member.

For all the rules please read it here

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f4/forum-rules-92/

Enjoy and have fun debating :tlaugh:

zoanoid

Finally found time to deliver my "promise" ...
:biggrin: :biggrin:

As you can see, besides being practical (especially after hvaing had the privilege to design my own kitchen in my previous apartments) ... I'm all nuts for aesthetics.

Practical considerations:
1) the big deep drawers to store away all the pots & pans ...
2) the 2.5 kitchen sinks to handle all kinds of massive feast ...
3) the super big drying area to handle all the washed plates & stuff ...
4) the 180deg hinge which ensures nobody hurts their head while doing the washing ...

Aesthetic considerations:
1) the now-you-see-me, now-you-dont sliding door to hide away the microwave oven ...
2) the Eubiq strip, which means I can have electric supply for even more than 10 appliances but without the eyesore of the sockets ...
3) the matching kitchen faucet, which cost me 600 bucks ... not to mention many trips to check stock of ALL the major suppliers on the island!!
Hi VroomVroomBoys,

How much is the Eubiq strip? Intend to install it in my new hse :001_302:
T

uddermummy

I'm thinking of getting a new hob and hood.

Currently I'm using a slimline hood but will like to upgrade to a more powerful one. But worried that I may not meet the min distance between hood and hob. :p BTW, is there an audible diff btw 52 and 62decibels?

I'm also eyeing a glass hob. Aesthetics aside, I prefer glass hobs cos they look easier to clean. :) But I've read about glass hobs shattering under normal usage.

So how ? Can get glass hobs or not?

Any recommended brands? Currently looking at turbo, cos that's what i'm using now.

uddermummy

omg~~~tats scary~~~you mean those glass ones?????
yeah, and they got post pictures some more! The glass ones actually shattered when they were doing simple cooking like frying eggs and boiling water. But the posts i saw were a few years back, maybe now they're much better. :p