Desperate! Anyone using a pacifier??

shespice

I think my baby is the insecure type too. She does a lot of comfort sucking. So how did you get her to sleep on her own? My mother suggests that I put her to bed with me but I'm rather resistant against the idea.

Am really frustrated as I find myself having to latch the baby on really often, leaving me little time to do anything else. Sigh, I would like someone to help out but my husband and I aren't comfortable with the idea of strangers in the house...

BTW, how old is your bb now?
hi, your baby is still very young so give her time. i am a first time mom and when i had mine in Dec last year, she cried so so much until i also dunno what to do. i also didn't like the idea of using a pacifier coz afraid of getting baby hooked on it but in the end i did try. it still depends on your baby coz she may not even like it. i use the pacifier sometimes now if she gets cranky and after i tried all ways and means of making her sleep. she will just take it for a bit and then sleep and then you can take it out. other times, if she doesn't like it, she will just spit it out LOL. so i think you need not be afraid to try :). my baby is now coming to 5 months next week and it gets a little easier with the crying. if you can let her cry without too much "heartache" for a bit, try it out and most times she will do so and when tired, she will just fall asleep on her own. I am so glad i tried a few times and it worked! But i only tried when she was around 3 months old. btw, i think at this point of time for you, your baby will want to suckle and drink from you on demand so it may be tiring but don't give up and besides it will also help with the flow of your milk production :).

lakpry

Hi,
I wish all the mothers of this blog a very happy mother's day !!

I could 100% agree to Rachel's words, I am mother of 2, 3+ yr old son and 8 months baby girl. I am the only person taking care of my 2 kids from 2nd month. After facing so much of difficulties i started to use pacifier for my baby girl 15 days back. I use it only when she struugles for sleeping. It really help me a lot as i have to take of the elder one as he's also too small.

Try it and hope for the best that they shud get it of it soon.

cheers

i always have only 1 thing to say.
Motherhood is supposed to be a happy....
So, if really giving the pacifier can help to let you breathe a while,
why not?
We have heard of cases that baby will throw the pacifier away
after they grow tired of it, so you never know how your baby will react.

If you can sustain, don't give.
If you cannot, then no harm trying.
Who knows, your baby might spit out the pacifier,
don't even want it, like my fren's baby.
So you have to think of other alternatives then,
instead of circling around this topic of whether
you should or should not use pacifier on your baby.

Just my opinion!

sugarcookie

Hi all,

I've started using the pacifier! Baby loves it sometimes, and hates it sometimes. I'm glad I started using it though; at least it gives me a few minutes of quiet!

yvonne_ktw

Oh.. i also learned from expert that on a vacumn cleaner and with that loud vacumn cleaner sound it soothes your baby from crying.. can try? Actually i tried before and it works once lar. maybe it's coincidence? hehe.. but the Shhh really helps...
My son has bloated stomach problem few wks ago.. no matter how my family member coax him can't stop. Applied oil aso no use til i carry him and shh on him. He stop immediately!! When i stop to catch breath he start again..

pureline

I usually give my bb pacifier when she is going to sleep but that is only when she is 2 months old. It really help as.

luvann37

I understand its very tedious if the BB keeps crying,actually u can try to put her on sarong its very useful cos they will feel very secure as the kind of feelings its jus like inside the waterbag when we are expecting.I have 2 DD both i put them on sarong.they sleep well with it.as for the pacifier not every BB will appreciate. My 1st DD she loves pacifier but my 2nd one dislikes pacifier but instead sucking her thumb instead.

Hi,
I wish all the mothers of this blog a very happy mother's day !!

I could 100% agree to Rachel's words, I am mother of 2, 3+ yr old son and 8 months baby girl. I am the only person taking care of my 2 kids from 2nd month. After facing so much of difficulties i started to use pacifier for my baby girl 15 days back. I use it only when she struugles for sleeping. It really help me a lot as i have to take of the elder one as he's also too small.

Try it and hope for the best that they shud get it of it soon.

cheers
Hi.

My girl is 16mths today and she is still on the pacifier. However, I only give it to her when she needs alittle help falling asleep. It's not automatic. I always ask her if she wants it. So far, I don't think she is addicted to it coz' she spits it out when she is in deep sleep and gives me back her pacifier when she is awake. I started her when she was about couple of months old. I breastfed her till she was 9mths until I'm preggie again. If it's going to help you relax and have some piece of mind, just do it.

holeyman1

i too also gave in to the pacifier. now toby addicted to it else can't sleep. everytime it falls out of his mouth, he sure to let us know ha ha
yes.. it does help in keeping your sanity! my wife couldn't agree more. :Dancing_wub: