Diagnosed with H1N1..

Hi Joanna,

How are you feeling today? Did the doc give you the medicine for removing phegm. Just dissolve in water to drink. Very good to remove phegm. Will be praying for you and baby. Take care!

CDL

HI Joanna, if you can, try and keep yourself occupied - it will make the time pass easier. Like everyone else has advised, you mustn't strain yourself. Forget about housework and focus on looking after yourself and the baby.

I hope that someone can look after you at home, so you don't need to cook, at least.

Take Care and be assured that with the way this flu is spreading, it is only a matter of time before we all get it. You are fortunate to get it now and get immunity from it as well. Hopefully your baby also gets immunity.

-jOanna

Hi Joanna,

How are you feeling today? Did the doc give you the medicine for removing phegm. Just dissolve in water to drink. Very good to remove phegm. Will be praying for you and baby. Take care!
doc didnt give that medicine :( dats why im coughing and spitting my phlegm every now and then.. hope I will get all the phlegm out and recover..

HI Joanna, if you can, try and keep yourself occupied - it will make the time pass easier. Like everyone else has advised, you mustn't strain yourself. Forget about housework and focus on looking after yourself and the baby.

I hope that someone can look after you at home, so you dont't need to cook, at least.

Take Care and be assured that with the way this flu is spreading, it is only a matter of time before we all get it. You are fortunate to get it now and get immunity from it as well. Hopefully your baby also gets immunity.
Hi.. I duno abt the immunity cuz Im taking antibiotics. Antibiotics is a medicine to kill all my bacterias (good and bad) and build new ones.. the new ones duno will have immunity anot :/

adelynn

My dear so sorry to hear this news but I hope u're beginning to feel much better with the medication for h1n1. But don't worry rest well and take ur meds regularly and drink lots fluids. I went thru the same thing last week was on home rest and tamiflu plus other meds started recovering on 3rd day onwards. Most importantly u shld monitor ur baby's movements and rest!

U'll be fine don't worry!!!

-jOanna

My dear so sorry to hear this news but I hope you're beginning to feel much better with the medication for h1n1. But dont't worry rest well and take your meds regularly and drink lots fluids. I went thru the same thing last week was on home rest and tamiflu plus other meds started recovering on 3rd day onwards. Most importantly you shld monitor your baby's movements and rest!

you'll be fine dont't worry!!!
Hi adelynn. you also get it? hmm I've just finished my last pill of tamiflu.. but my cough still have and my phlegm (green color) ... I hope I get well soon .. No worries about my baby .. It's very very active :\

bellerichez

i started cough.. then the phlegm is yellow (yellow = 99% h1n1).. then fever.. then flu =\

Oic. Cos 2weeks back i got flu then was so scared faster rush to see doc. But doc jus give me those normal Flu tablets. He told me if got fever then go back and see him. The next few days i was so worried i stayed home for 2weeks without going out. But now i'm fine already. Anyway you take care too =)

redjn

o dear so sorry to hear about your catch .... do take care, closely monitor yourself, any discomfort better go c your gynae, ok?

Last edited:

sunshinyday

so sorry to hear you have H1N1, has your cough cleared up.

your immune system is really low. boosting your immune system with
(1) echinacea from plant & planet
(2) vit c - camu camu berry powder (the highest)
(3) coconut oil - antiviral, antibacterial from nature's glory

will help to improve it and help you to get over the symptoms.

if you are interested, could always email me, i have some, could always get it for you. my email address is eesze01@gmail.com.

take care,
sunshinyday:wong29:

-jOanna

Hi peeps thanks for the concern.. My cough not yet cleared.. my phlegm still green green 1 :\ but I guess hospital gave me 2weeks of leave to let myself rest..

my immune system low? hmmm.. i dont know .. before i was pregnant my immune system quite good.. :\

adelynn

Hi adelynn. you also get it? hmm I've just finished my last pill of tamiflu.. but my cough still have and my phlegm (green color) ... I hope I get well soon .. No worries about my baby .. It's very very active :\
Hey -jOanna, yes i got it too, went into KKH on Tuesday, test came back positive on Wed. You will still have some 'after effects' of H1N1 after you completed ur course of tamiflu but it will soon go away. We just take a longer time to recover due to our lowered immune system.

In the meantime, rest more and good that your baby's active and kicking.
It's also cheering you on!

sharonyi66

I didn't want to stay in hospital.. It is far and hubby wants me to be discharged also cuz he can't bear to see me stay in hospital... I dont have the CTG strapped to me after being moved to ward 41..

my mum was the culprit who passed the virus to me. so we both were sanitizing, spraying the whole house whole day so we can get well soon..

In hospital i cant sleep well.. every 1 to 2 hr wake me up.. i got panda eyes just 2 nights in hospital.. -.- and I feel abit stupid of the hospital when they know I have fever and cough but still serve me char kuay tiao, milo, biscuits.. -.-
Just wanna share... I'm too a suspected case of H1N1 on yesterday as I self admitted into KK due to sore throat and fever of 38 degree on Tuesday night. My colleague was confirm of H1N1 yesterday too.

Due to being a suspected patient, I'm too staying is ward 41, an isolated ward though with TV and own toilet facilities, it's so damn boring and can't really rest well as the nurses will come check on you every 1 hour or so. Lucky this morning the result was out and it's neg! Such a relieve. Now i'm no longer have fever, just abit of runny nose.

It's really scary and feel no good being a suspect case especially when you'r a preggy. I urge all to take good care of yrself and keep a good hygeine habit. :)

-jOanna

Just wanna share... I'm too a suspected case of H1N1 on yesterday as I self admitted into KK due to sore throat and fever of 38 degree on Tuesday night. My colleague was confirm of H1N1 yesterday too.

Due to being a suspected patient, I'm too staying is ward 41, an isolated ward though with TV and own toilet facilities, it's so damn boring and can't really rest well as the nurses will come check on you every 1 hour or so. Lucky this morning the result was out and it's neg! Such a relieve. Now i'm no longer have fever, just abit of runny nose.

It's really scary and feel no good being a suspect case especially when you'are a preggy. I urge all to take good care of yrself and keep a good hygeine habit. :)
i chose to come home to quarrantine partly due to that :\ 4am in the morning come take temperature and ask me take medication -.-

SunShine07

i chose to come home to quarrantine partly due to that :\ 4am in the morning come take temperature and ask me take medication -.-
may i know what is the first systom of getting it? is it sore thoat? this morning my throat feeling a bit tight~ :( scare i will spread to my son....then i have to quarrantine myself....

-jOanna

may i know what is the first systom of getting it? is it sore thoat? this morning my throat feeling a bit tight~ :( scare i will spread to my son....then i have to quarrantine myself....
i guess it all depends on different people. for me cough 1st, cough til throat dry (although got phlegm)

bellerichez

Go and see a doc. See what the doc say. If got fever i think must go hospital.