Did anyone have visitors during your confinement?

jellybnzw

Just to do a quick survey with all the mummies out there. How many of you actually received visitors during confinement (including family and friends) and what is your take on it? Yes or no to visitors??

Thanks!

sugarcookie

Yes, I had visitors although I didn't really welcome all of them. I'm totally ok with close family and friends coming but not relatives which I don't even know/see only rarely.

My MIL came and she brought a whole gang of relatives! I didn't know any of them and my husband wasn't close to any of them as well. All of them wanted to touch and carry baby; it was so annoying.

Confinement is a time for the mother to rest so I think it is best to limit visitors to immediate family/close friends.

elmo493

My whole gang of colleagues, abt 10 of them including 1 guy from my dept went to the hospital to visit me the 2nd day of my baby birth. Luckily I have change to a single bedded room so no problem to accommodate them and no worried about the din we create in the hospital. The moment they saw my baby, they started taking picture and 1/2 year later when I asked for the photo, they still have it.

When I was having my confinement at my MIL place, my brother, SIL and my mum came to visit me once. 2 of my husband lady friends whom I know also came to visit me. None of my visitors touch the baby including my colleagues. They just look and play with him and take photo.

In fact I was quite lucky because most of my friend and colleagues know what tey should and shouldn't do. Like when 1 of them is pregnant, she got the initiative not to carry the baby.

BzBaby

i did hav visitors as well.. most of them r hubby's relatives n a couple of his frens.. so far only my family visited me.. i dun wanna let my frens c me in this state.. lol.. but i agree with sugarcookie, sometimes wil feel quite annoyed to the fact that so many ppl wanna hold bb..

LoVeS

Only got visitors go hospital but nt when i am doing my confinement at hm as ppl say tat is suay~

WEN_9117

hmm during my time is only my family members visit me in the hospital than back home is only my hubby family members lor.

I also dun like too much ppl come during the confinement period coz after birth really have to rest alot. No time to spend with the guest or wat.

My I did invite them during the full month celebrate la.
hee hee hee

Tricia

I am okay with vistors so have lots of friends visiting during my confinement.
They will normally ask me when is a good time to come visit.
I feel like it help me when they visit me as it help me not to be so stress and have people to talk and share.

But will let them know if I feel tired and need rest.

Angelmum

not allowed to do proper shower so will stink.
some more not in perfect shape so dont like ppl see my ugly side.
Lucky not many came.
If they come with appt still ok cos can doll up but hate relatives turn up when I not prepared or busy

This is the only time to get pampered .... CL takes care of everything! The moment CL gone, I so busy till eat instant noodles.

No chance to go thru again ..... :001_302:
Have fun!

stonston

i had alot of visitors at hospital cos i delivered early sunday morning. parents went to church to annouce and all my church frens came to visit. while doing confinement at my parent's plc also got alot of visitors :) relatives, frens, neighbours, colleagues.

i'm thankful for the visitors cos they helped me alot. experienced mummies helped me with breastfeeding. aunties helped me carry baby n play with baby so i wont be tired (they'll shoo me back to bed to lie down n rest then they sit on bed with baby beside me to play).

it depends on how u view it. i see it as a blessing because they care abt me and baby n take the effort to come visit me. and i was very bored during confinement. TV shows all so boring. got my best fren everyday come over to hv lunch with me n chitchat with me was so nice (my best fren is air stewardess, she'll come over to visit me when she dunnid to fly).

but if u find tt u'll be tired out, set a limit to how many visitors u wanna receive. :)

snowbear

I had visitors but found them annoying as i was tired out taking care of bb on my own (hubby only can help when he comes home at nite). Hardly got a 2-hr stretch of sleep coz i was exclusively pumping for bb in the first month so after pumping, feeding, washing and sterilising i had less than 2hrs to z b4 the next cycle starts...

if you're feeling fine and have help i guess you'd find the idea of having visitors nice. :)

stonston

actually i tink it depends on how close u r with ur visitors.
i'm very close to my relatives, fres n colleagues. when they come over, they'll help themselves to drinks n snacks.
so there's not much 'entertainment' to do. so it's more relaxed. and they noe me very well, so they'll always bring something YUMMY for me to eat (they all noe i'm a glutton).

if u realli hv alot of visitors, tink positive :) they r there to show u care n concern. dun brush them away but jus let them noe when u r tired n u go ahead n rest. they will understand :D

apollo

if they're my close frens or relatives, actu i'm quite okay... but not those "stranger" frens and if they insist coming say wanna visit my baby or me, i will just tell them not convenient...

i dun expect much visitors on my coming confinement... and hopefully only a few will do if there is... LOL...

loonshi

For me I feel that family who visits us should be ok but not frens if they want to visit should wait till after confinement period as in during the full mth celebration. As u know during confinement period we r having our menses some ppl who are supersitious will mind. Also during confinement period we need lots of stress. But afterall it still depends on individual.