Did u bring yr baby for swmming??

maggiemummy

my babby is goin 11 mth .wan to bring her for swmming dunno will she be scare cos she nv try b4....n whether shld bring her go for swmming lesson cos she dun like stranger to touch her......

justmint

I brought my boy to the pool once while he was 5mths old. Initially hes afraid..but after positive encouragement & playing, he enjoys it.

As for learning to swim...i think ur bb is too young now..I remember my dad started to teach me swim only when I was 3yrs old.

Now I think just like your bb enjoy playing in the pool would be better.

MummyGrace

As for me, my baby is going to 8 mths, i never bring him 2 swimming pool, scare unhygenic, so i put him in my toilet bathtub to "swim" in his elephant float. hehe.. and he enjoy it.. :001_302:

hippoadel

i bring dd for her first swim when she was abt 5mth plus too.....
she totally enjoying herself......since then will bring her for swim at least once a week or max 2 week once.....but recently weather no good....had no swim for abt 2 mths.....

justmint

oh yea...cold cold weather last mth...boi only manage to play water by the pool with his feet..hehehee

i bring dd for her first swim when she was abt 5mth plus too.....
she totally enjoying herself......since then will bring her for swim at least once a week or max 2 week once.....but recently weather no good....had no swim for abt 2 mths.....

LoVeS

For me my ds is 4mths old we brought him to swimming but he simply so scared by the pool, whenever we put him on the float he cried until so badly like as if "kill pig aka sa zhu" but when i carry him or hold onto him he is ok wif the water.

Btw i feel tt infant dun need go for swimming lessons yet coz too young already n they might nt knw or understand watever the instructor teaching. No need rush for learning to swim after all still so young so juz the infant haf fun playing wif water is enuff.

justmint

this looks more like a bath tub..where did this cute baby got his swim at?
baby was alone in the tub?

the float around the neck! understand that time baby's back bone is not strong yet..but I have never seen a float around the neck before! interesting....

Hi, 2 months baby is happily swimming in the pool.

justmint

hehehehe...true.
Just for fun play water is enough.
Let him get use to water.

my dad told me he taught me how to swim when I was 3yrs old..

For me my ds is 4mths old we brought him to swimming but he simply so scared by the pool, whenever we put him on the float he cried until so badly like as if "kill pig aka sa zhu" but when i carry him or hold onto him he is ok wif the water.

Btw i feel tt infant dun need go for swimming lessons yet coz too young already n they might nt knw or understand watever the instructor teaching. No need rush for learning to swim after all still so young so juz the infant haf fun playing wif water is enuff.

mmy_lizz

see my sha2 at 5mths.. at wdls swimmin pool..i think she got it fr me n DH, we both swimmer so i think tt's y she so so happy when we brought her swimming, sommore can splash2 water at us..

mandai

this looks more like a bath tub..where did this cute baby got his swim at?
baby was alone in the tub?

the float around the neck! understand that time baby's back bone is not strong yet..but I have never seen a float around the neck before! interesting....
Hi justmint

The centre located at Punggol Plaza of Punggol Field. forget the contact no. web site is: babyswimming.com.sg

Supergirl

my babby is goin 11 mth .wan to bring her for swmming dunno will she be scare cos she nv try b4....n whether shld bring her go for swmming lesson cos she dun like stranger to touch her......
Hi maggiemummy

If you are interested in swimming lessons, you can try aquaducks, its a parent accompanied class so no stranger will be touching your baby. I would suggest you call for a trial lesson first.

As for what age for baby to go for swimming, I would suggest go swimming after 1 year old when all the important jabs are done, its easy to get infected in the pool.

Just my humble opinion.

I think Public swimming pool water is not so clean and it is not good for baby's stay in pool. I use bath tub and let my dd to swim. The bath tub is portable 80cm High, 80cm diameter. but need a lot of water.

sonix

Alpha Male
Go buy a pool.... but water consumption is 350 liters hahaha but after that i use it to flush the toilet.. so no wastage. I keep the water for 1 week, so swim 4 times (every time around 10 min for saturday and sunday)

My baby enjoy it very much. This photo taken when she was just 3 months

Last edited:

sherlin

Yup.. brought DS for his first swimming on his 3rd month in Hwa Xia. Baby enjoys it... Water is warm and maintained at 37 degrees and the room temperature is around 28 - 29 degrees so no fear of catching a cold. Each baby had a individual tub and he gets to swim as much as he like if he is fine with it. But my DS is tired after vigorous kicking and splashing of water for 20 mins. I signed a package of 4 + 1 lessons at $100 and with a oil massage package for 4 + 1 session @ $80.00. Usual is only 4 lessons and 4 sessions but i printed the coupon from MUM centre thus the extra 1 lesson and session comes along. After swimming the physiotherapist will massage baby with AVENT Oil and then baby let out so much gas...and he was enjoying the massage so much that he start to stone out hahaha...
Miraculously, baby lifted his head up for about 8 secs when placed on tummy during the massage which he is still unable to do it at home. So two thumbs for the massage and swimming session.

You can choose to buy the portable tub and the neck float at $100 but make sure you know how to operate and look after baby when you do it yourself at home.

justmint

Punggol is too far for me,
Just saw that there'll be an outlat at Harbour Front soon!!!
:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

I bought my baby to Hwa Xia to swim when she's 4 months old.
I did not know abt the plc until my mum told me.
she even brought me there 2 weeks before I bring my baby there..

my baby enjoyed it.
kept laughing.
& smiling at those ppl who are looking at her.