Difficult milk drinking baby

AngieTan

my girl's condition improved already. think she just decided to eat and drink more. see her mood type.
her current routine , ( 8mths + now ),
milk ( around 150ml-200ml ) at 7am
cereal with milk ( 6 scoops ) at ard 9am
porridge ( half bowl ) at 12pm
milk ( around 180ml ) at 3pm
milk ( around 180ml ) or cereal with milk ( 6 scoops ) at 7pm
milk ( around 180ml ) before slp, see what time she wanna slp. usually between 10-11pm.

her 180ml milk, mostly see her mood. sometimes, she take 150ml. when she dont want le, i wont force. else will create fear to her den worst..

no night feed.

doc say, its ok. when bb is hungry, they will ask for it.
Wow! Now she's taking milk really well! That's good to hear... =)

But when they ask for it, I also don't know they want milk or solid food... Sigh... My boy just took 100ml of milk today... I decided to give both of us a break today... If not, end up both stressed if I keep focusing on milk feeds... I do hope it will get back to normal again... =/

Gem2505

Wow! Now she's taking milk really well! That's good to hear... =)

But when they ask for it, I also don't know they want milk or solid food... Sigh... My boy just took 100ml of milk today... I decided to give both of us a break today... If not, end up both stressed if I keep focusing on milk feeds... I do hope it will get back to normal again... =/
her mood changes all the time. so sometimes she want 100ml only n refuse the balance, i wont force. let her be. sometimes, i make 160ml, she not enough. -_-"
its a phase. go thru it jiu ok le.

Gem2505

Consider to temporary stop giving brown rice first for your case, as it can cause 'heaty' to the baby. Give porridge instead. Also must give more drinking water frequently. Try not to feed 180ml at one shot, separate it into two times feeding (divide by two) and feed at 1 hour interval. Follow this steps for two weeks, then you will have a chubby happy baby :)
oh. my girl's appetite is good already. she take cereal twice a day (9am and 8pm) and 1 bowl of porridge everyday during lunch. milk intake ok le. 160-180ml each time.

7am - milk, 160-180ml
9am - cereal, 7 scoops
12pm- porridge, 1 bowl
3pm- milk, 160-180ml
5.30pm- milk, 160-180ml
8pm- cereal, 7 scoops
10pm- milk, 160-180ml

think this intake, ok for a 9months old baby?

marshmallows

oh. my girl's appetite is good already. she take cereal twice a day (9am and 8pm) and 1 bowl of porridge everyday during lunch. milk intake ok . 160-180ml each time.

7am - milk, 160-180ml
9am - cereal, 7 scoops
12pm- porridge, 1 bowl
3pm- milk, 160-180ml
5.30pm- milk, 160-180ml
8pm- cereal, 7 scoops
10pm- milk, 160-180ml

think this intake, ok for a 9months old baby?
Your gal's schedule and intake is very similar to what I have for my boy. For cereal I sometimes add in egg york or avocado. He's on 180ml milk for 3 feeds and 210ml before bedtime.

I realized a trick to make my boy finish all his milk. He sometimes left 20ml dont wanna finish, so I add some warm water to dilute the milk abit and he finishes it up hehe. Maybe you can try :)

Last edited:

MamabbJ

Your gal's schedule and intake is very similar to what I have for my boy. For cereal I sometimes add in egg york or avocado. He's on 180ml milk for 3 feeds and 210ml before bedtime.

I realized a trick to make my boy finish all his milk. He sometimes left 20ml dont wanna finish, so I add some warm water to dilute the milk abit and he finishes it up hehe. Maybe you can try :)
Yes, agree with marshmallows that adding warm water into the last bit of milk helps the baby to finish up and not waste. I normally warm the leftover milk in a little thermal flask of hotwater. (Must finish the milk by an hour (maximum) since milk can easily turn bad after that. It seems that sometimes baby may not like to drink cold milk.