Difficult Mother-in-law

Hw can my MIL look after my bb wen she does not even knw wen to let my bb wear thicker clothing. One evening we were abt to leave their hm, she keep pester me to give my bb wear a thick long sleeves, when the weather is damn HOT. Luckily i bought along another long sleeves, MIL keep screaming at me asking me let her wear the other 1.
Or wen my bb perspire after we reach their place(as we normally go shop ard b4 head dwn to IL place, MIL who is carrying bb cant notice bb is HOT...juz keep sit infornt of the fan... ...i gt to carry bb away to remove her extra clothings.

secondly MIL insist we shld let my bb eat at 5pm everyday. cannot lata, den the SON ask her y? she say dinner time mah (WTF???) we told her, muz see wat bb last feeding time then can decide her dinner time...bt we make sure she hv dinner b4 7pm. bt she will ignore us and keep nag tat bb hv dinner at 5pm.haizz...FAINTzzz

Thirdly, maybe i am too fuzzy, i dun wish my bb to learn hokkien too much frm them. as FIL always say vuglar language

Fourth, they like to bring bb to see hw they punish dogs & even teach my poor bb hw to BEAT dogs with cane...nw wen i show her books with dogs, she will beat them... see how bb learn?

lastly and most impt, whenever my FIL smoke infront of bb, MIL or SIL wont automatically move away...I REALLY HATE IT. I gt to sound out... ...Make me a bad DIL:(

January84

Yah lah, I know... was very angry after typing my essay. hehehe...

I wun stop them from seeing my kids... its more like, they wanna see, they come lor.. i wun invite them nor will i push them away. My HB knows that the sister is a brad, but blood is thicker den water (me) mah... he dun wanna scold her..

As for why she is treating us this way, very simple.. My FIL is a businessman with 4 shops, 2 factories and 2 houses (one in SG, one in JB). Total net worth of his assets are ard 5-7 Mil. Money is always the root of all evils. See the link?? She chased my HB out of the company, she took over the company's main role, she process the car, and now took away our room in my in law's place.. She is slowly cutting our ties with my in laws. Can u imagine, 1 share = how many MILs? Now she is stopping her younger sister from seeing guys. She kept saying that the younger sister is too young. She does not approve her of dating. See the link again?? She said she is scared that the youngest sister is too young and since kor kor (my hb) dun care abt the family anymore, she is now forced to take the responsibilities of looking after mei mei's life and assets. See the link??

As in why my FIL is scared of her? Simple. She brain washes them... She stays with them and everyday, she tells them that her brother and I dun care abt the family anymore. She complains to them that we dun want to help her do some things... that we are not filial... She told her dad that kor kor (my hb) dun want the company anymore... and since she one of the main heads of the company, she deserves the company. She said my HB gave up on the company and has not contributed at all... So tells my FIL that she plees with my HB to help her out in work, but my HB dun want to... So my FIL thinks that if he chase this daughter away, he will lose another child since he already lost his unfilial son. See the link?

I am minimizing the chances of seeing her... but she uses this oppurtunity to say that we dun care... But why should we meet up when she likes to shout at me? I wasn't born to be shouted at.

well, if its me, if the old man DXX, don need to let your DH go back for funeral la, since the DD is like DS liao, and the DH already marry into your DH family, what for bother so much?

MrsIshMuhun

Re: Difficult Mother and Mother-in-law

When I was pregnant, my mom gave me a hard time such that once she chased me out of the house (I was 6 months preggiez). My husband brought me back home. Then, after giving birth to baby boy, in-laws gave problems like insisting on naming the child and how I should breatfeed and how long it should last and why baby keeps having fever. I used to be soooo super uber stressed on all this. But now, I force my self to calm down until can naturally calm down during these moments. In fact, they see me calm, they think I controlling husband and back away. (No, i cant control my hubby even if i wanted and i don't want to.)

Try to show calmness and resilience during these moments. Most of the time, the calm look on your face will irritate her and keep you smiling more :shyxxx:Your real focus should be Hubby and Child, not these barbarians!!! HA!Take that MIL!(She got no life wan la! So Pick on us loh!)

Last edited:

rainbow123

Hmmm, look like you and hubby is falling into the trap that she set . She is so obviously eyeing the $$$$.
Why your husband never speak to your father in law in private on all these issues ? He is the ONLY SON right ?
I would have fight all the way man .... hahahha.. not only because of the $$$ but also not to let her get her way -- typical chinese show whereby got evil sibling eyeing the $$$

All along, I am not on very good terms with my mother-in-law. As my son is her only son...we have to live with her. Things got worse after my gal is born. My MIL always wanted a grandson instead of grand daughter. My gal is 7 months old now. I choose to stay at home and look after her cos my MIL dun really dote on her. She dun really bother whether my gal drink milk liao mah...or things like that.

On days when I am really busy...cant cope with my gal...she also dun bother to help...she rather spend her time chatting with all her auntie frends below our block.

I told my hubby what happened...instead of understanding my situation...he said his mum is old liao...need to relax instead of looking after grand children. I dun expect her to take care of my gal..but just hope that she can offer some help here and there as we all live together... :nah:
If she dont want to help, then its her wish la. LOL. who say mil mus die die help her dil one? Dont expect anything from others la. Just depend on yourself. If you really need help, then just get a maid or sth. And because she didnt help you, you say she is difficult ah?

If she dont want to help, then its her wish . LOL. who say mother in law mus die die help her daughter in law one? Dont expect anything from others . Just depend on yourself. If you really need help, then just get a maid or something. And because she didnt help you, you say she is difficult ?
actually i kinda agree w Mandy, no offence but our baby is our responsibility, our parents or in laws r not obligated to take care of them for us, if they do, its a bonus n we shld be grateful,after all, they hv brought up their own kids n now its their turn to retire n relax, enjoy life. they don't owe us to look after our baby. take it as an opportunity to experience motherhood n enjoy e process, its tiring but when u look back, u will be proud of yourself!

Yup my mother also say she dont want to take care of my baby cus she say she has been taking care of us (siblings) for the early parts of her life and now she felt that she wanna take a break cus she is getting old. I totally understand and dont blame her. She already spent decades taking care of us.. Im sure she wants to take a break liao right.

MrsIshMuhun

I guess my issue is not "them not wanting to look after" or " not looking after properly". Mine would be too much interference until I had to stand up for myself. Don't expect husband to stand up. He just wants you to get along with his mum well. When I tried telling my hubby, he told me to handle it amicably with MIL myself; "Be polite but be FIRM!I am sure you wouldn't want our son to tell you off infront of his wife either" were his words. I learnt to stand up (still learning more)for want I want for my son (even naming him) and although I know my MIL can be controlling , i help her alot but keep my lines clear so that we both dun cross the lines. We will learn to cross the lines sometime in our relationship so dun worry about it. In the meanwhile try and be independant. Try childcare or a maid. I had to fall back on childcare. :shyxxx:Super Mummies Do Our Best! Yay!

MrsIshMuhun

Well Said. I have a sis-in-law from Hell too so i can understand you Jaime. but dun get mad, get even. The more you still go to your in-law's plc, the more she is irritated, so IRRITATE HER! ahahahahaha. Smile and show you are happy since she's always not happy. That will get on her nerves. Do it for your hubby, who is between his family and you ( put yourself in his shoes. If he's a nice guy, its worth it and he sounds really nice and understanding). Your in-laws are quiet because as parents they dun want to lose their silly daughter. But I am really sure that they are thank ful that you have been understanding all the while. so, dun deprive them of your kids presence. Besides, your hellish sis in law also has 2 daughters of her own so she will get a taste of her own medicine soon. Buddhist rule: whatever you do, good or bad, will come back to you three times the amount. You be good and happy. Let her be the pest!

pipilili

How many MIL in Singapore is not difficult? Hahahaaaa, 90% all got probs with MIL. It depends how much we all give and take.

And one day, we will all be MIL too...and during that time, I wonder if I gotto give and take or my DIL gotto give and take.

:001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

MOTHER IN LAW = WOMAN HITLER

Too bad you got the worst but she will change eventually when she gets older
when she realized that no one will take care of her.:001_302:

Hi all,

Just wanna tell all mummies that hubby and MIL got into a fight this morning...and finally my MIL is moving out to stay on her own. Although she eventually will move back to stay with us when she is not able to take care of herself, i'm still pretty happy that we will be moving into our new place wthout her.

My 7 years of marriage has been hell cos of her and the fact that she has been giving me and hubby lots of problem since we decided to move, hubby finally cannot take it and told her all the things she does that affects us.

Then she lose face liao say wanna move out but i think she must be majorly pissed that hubby said ok immediately.