direct sale flat from hdb & resale flat questions

LoVeS

Currently the flat my mom is staying is under her name n co-owned wif me, i am currently staying wif my PILS due to my PILS refused my hubby to shift to my hse so tats why i was the 1 shifted to their hse after married(2006)

Prob is due to MOP i haf to wait until tis yr March then can do paperwork of transferring my ownership out of tat flat in order to get a flat of my own wif my hubby~

I would like to knw does anyone transfer out ur ownership out of the flat b4, how long does it takes for the approval so tat i can start scouting my love nest??

Another qns is can i get to buy resale flats??? Bcoz i knw tat for new flats i am nt allow to buy bcoz i am ex-owner of hdb direct sale flat so there is a 30mths period i cant buy new flat BUT am i allow to get resale flats instead??

I am really desperate to get my own flat alrdy as i been having issues wif my MIL n i been bearing wif my MIL all along juz for tis day where i can get my own flat~ Bcoz of my MIL tat caused my hubby n me quarrel so many times tat i nearly wanted to divorce but bcoz of my kids i juz bear wif it n waited so hard for tis day to come.

Hope tat anyone who knws the ans for my qns can guide me n i will appreciate alot for the help given...:shyxxx:

My HB used to be the joint owner of the current flat we are staying with my FIL. B'cos we wanted to get a flat of our own, we transaferred the ownership to my younger SIL. the process took about 3 months if everything went smooth. Like for us, I started the application in Jun/Jul last year and they finally signed on the paper in Dec.. Finally

LoVeS

My husband used to be the joint owner of the current flat we are staying with my father in law. B'cos we wanted to get a flat of our own, we transaferred the ownership to my younger sister In law. the process took about 3 months if everything went smooth. Like for us, I started the application in Jun/Jul last year and they finally signed on the paper in Dec.. Finally

wah it takes 3mths ah?! If tats the case then i am quite doubtful tat i can get my own love nest by end of tis yr :embarrassed:

stonston

You can actually ask the MP to help speed up the process by informing them that you need to get your own place urgently.

Depending on how you appeal, you might be able to apply for new flats from HDB. Else, you'll need to get resale :)

wah it takes 3mths ?! If tats the case then i am quite doubtful that i can get my own love nest by end of tis your :embarrassed:
Yah.. it also depends on whether the flat has been fully paid. If it is, then the procedure is easier. After you submit the appln, you can check with HDB or the branch office is you can start looking for a flat..

LoVeS

You can actually ask the MP to help speed up the process by informing them that you need to get your own place urgently.

Depending on how you appeal, you might be able to apply for new flats from HDB. Else, you'll need to get resale :)
actually even if i am qualify to get new flat which i knw is cheaper but i doubt i will be getting new flat coz we r really hoping to get our own flat asap whereas BTO haf to wait a couple of yrs. No matter wat tks stonston for ur info given to me which i really appreciate ur kind help :wong19:

LoVeS

Yah.. it also depends on whether the flat has been fully paid. If it is, then the procedure is easier. After you submit the appln, you can check with HDB or the branch office is you can start looking for a flat..
ya the flat is fully paid alrdy so it should b less than 3mths time rite?? During the process, can i actually start searching for my flat?? so sorry for so many qns :shyxxx:

ya the flat is fully paid alrdy so it should b less than 3mths time rite?? During the process, can i actually start searching for my flat?? so sorry for so many qns :shyxxx:
Flat fully paid will also takes about 3 months. But you can request for the branch office to expedite. Your HB is transferring his ownership to anybody? If yes, then the pax taking over the ownership will need to apply for HLE cos he needs to repay watever your HB has contributed for the flat with his CPF. After HLE has been approved, then can send in the application for the transfer. Below was what HDB advised:

Thank you for your email of 4 June 2009.

You will have to approach the Branch Office managing the lease of the flat to arrange for the transfer of ownership. They will advise you accordingly on the transfer of flat ownership procedure. The whole process for transfer of flat ownership should take about three months from the date the HDB receives the application. However, before submitting the application form, existing flat owners and their proposed owner are advised to check with the HDB Branch Office on the proposed owner's eligibility to take over the flat.

It is also a requirement by the Central Provident Fund Board (CPFB) that CPF members who used their CPF monies to pay for the flat must refund the CPF money used plus the accrued interest when they withdraw their ownership by way of transfer.

Before you commit to buying a flat with your partner, you are advised to check with the Branch Office on the retaining owner/s' eligibility. The Branch Office concerned will advise you accordingly on the details of the transfer of flat ownership. As lease and tenancy matters, including eligibility for transfer/withdrawal of ownership are administered by the HDB Branch Office, you may contact the HDB Branch Office to determine the eligibility and the costs involved to effect the transfer of flat ownership. You may also call the Branch Office Enquiry Line at 1800-2255432 for more information

As the policy/procedure may change from time to time, please enquire with us again for the prevailing policy at the point of your application.

========================
Let me dig into my past emails and send you more info.. Hopefully I still have them.. :001_302:

Here is another email on whether we can purchase a resale within the 3 months:

Thank you for your email of 7 September 2009.

The transfer has to complete before you can submit your resale application requesting for the CPF Housing Grant. You may check if the transfer can be complete sooner. Please contact the Estate officer in charge of your husband's flat, Mr Lee Tiang Choo at 63576602 during office hours.

As the policy/procedure may change from time to time, please enquire with us again for the prevailing policy at the point of your application.

Yours sincerely

===============
Not sure where you are staying. I contacted this Mr Lee at Bishan Br Office. He is very nice and very patient in answering all my queries..

LoVeS

That's all that I have. I think the rest are telephone conversations with Mr Lee of Bishan Br Office.
they only mentioned tat cannot submit to buy resale flat b4 the transfer of ownership is completed rite?? So by rite we should be able to search for flat but juz tat submit for resale flat only after the transfer of ownership is completed, am i rite to say tis??

they only mentioned that cannot submit to buy resale flat before the transfer of ownership is completed rite?? So by rite we should be able to search for flat but just that submit for resale flat only after the transfer of ownership is completed, am i rite to say tis??
Yes.:red: Good luck :tlaugh:

Valariewood

I have checked for similar questions before and I found that PropertyGuru website provides the best information for HDB properties, new listings, resale questions and market news.
Just thought you should know.