Dirrhoea when pregnant. Any danger to baby?

pkshl

i had diarrhoea 3x today. tummy still feel abit sore now. the dirrhoea juz came suddendly. morning i had coffee, bread+cheese. but after 3rd time diarrhoea, i start to worry, will it harm my baby?

candy_ian

When i was pregnant n still working I had severe ibs (irrtable bowel syndrome) which made me had diarrhea or constipation n at times when I had diarrhea would like as often as 6 or 7 times a day n it can happen almost 3-4 times a wk.. There's nothing that can b done as it was stress related so I kept myself well hydrated n avoid milk for the time being when I was having diarrhea.. But then again do c the dr if u do not know the cause for it n freq is increasing

pkshl

When i was pregnant n still working I had severe ibs (irrtable bowel syndrome) which made me had diarrhea or constipation n at times when I had diarrhea would like as often as 6 or 7 times a day n it can happen almost 3-4 times a wk.. There's nothing that can b done as it was stress related so I kept myself well hydrated n avoid milk for the time being when I was having diarrhea.. But then again do c the dr if you do not know the cause for it n freq is increasing
Thanks. Previously i went to my gyne cos i had diarrhoea & he gave me medicine but i didn't bring it to work today.sign. now i better avoid milk/cheese/coffee & drink more water. sign..either im constipated or having diarrhoea.

But will it affect baby in any way?

diymummy

Your baby will be fine. But do be careful with what you eat and make sure that the diarrhea is not due to food poisoning.

Salmonella can harm the baby. That's why raw foods and unpasteurised cheeses is strongly advised against.

Otherwise, bad IBS (constipation, bloatedness, loose stools, etc) won't affect the baby. Though if you've been loosing a lot of water via diarrhea, you should make sure you're well hydrated.