Dislike Plain Water

ppong001

my baby is 13months already btu very seldom drink plain water. i always tried using many ways to feed her plain water but she just refused to drink and thus got very heaty and always got sore throat and cough.

is there any ways to encourage her to drink more water?

autumn82

Dun have to drink plainw ater if she doesn't like.. Can actually give her diluted juices? Just increase her liquids so she doesn't get too heaty?

siongnelly

my baby is 13months already btu very seldom drink plain water. i always tried using many ways to feed her plain water but she just refused to drink and thus got very heaty and always got sore throat and cough.

is there any ways to encourage her to drink more water?
yes, last time fren my son also don like plain water, then i suggest her to treat her water, to remove clorine in the water.... do you know our tap water contain clorine? children got very sensitive tongue, therefore they can feel the clorine in the water.... actually clorine after boil will be very bad for our health... let me know if you would like to have more infor :)

Ting

yes, last time fren my son also don like plain water, then i suggest her to treat her water, to remove clorine in the water.... do you know our tap water contain clorine? children got very sensitive tongue, therefore they can feel the clorine in the water.... actually clorine after boil will be very bad for our health... let me know if you would like to have more infor :)

uh, u give ya kid tap water? normally i give boiled water, but my parents installed this "dechlorine" device thingy tt will auto remove chlorine from the water. :)

anyway, if ya kid doesnt like to drink water, give juices lo. or ribena or milk? as long as they r takin liquids it shld be fine. :)

Phoebii Cheng

You can try to add gripe water to the water, my son oso dun like plain water, but if it is sweeten a bit he will drink more....oso as he is in infant care, the teachers there was given instruction by me to give him more water to drink too......so now he is not averse to plain water

Or u can try like wat the other mummies suggests, to give ribena, juices etc actually these r oso liquids and even milk (u can dilute the milk so tht ur bb can hv more water) :tlaugh:

winnie.lyy

my 14 months old son also don like water. very difficult to feed him until i try out this:- every morning when he wakes up, feed him water in bottle; after each feeding time, feed him water with spoon (meaning after milk or solid food to wash his mouth, 3-5 spoons -- he will drink it). then every 1.5hrs feed him 3 -5 spoons of water. if you can give him fresh juice once a day, it's good. my son cannot take too much of fruit juice because he will get 'diarrhea' and thus, i give him thrice a week. sometimes, substitute with fresh fruit like seedless grapes, apple, cherry, prune, etc. Every morning, i also let him drink 2oz of honey (just 2 drops of honey is enough). Well, now it's a routine for him, no more heaty and constipation.:001_302:

siongnelly

dear all, boiled water will not have any oxygen in it.... we do need oxygen in our water...
the purpose of boil water is to kill bacteria in the water, but may not able to kill some of the viruses.... i am using a water treatment system which can remove bacteria and viruses up to 99.99% and there is no need to boil water cos there is uv light which act just like boiling water but more effectively kill all the bacteria and viruses....
and best of all, you can save money on your gas too :)

whatever liquid you drink, you still need plain water.... cos you need plain water to rinse your system in the body, just like we need clean water to do our washing...

cheers :)

shespice

My baby is 5 months plus and when i breastfeed, i usually do not give water. sometimes after feeding with formula i follow with some water but baby drink very little. How much plain water should be given baby without compromising the amount of feed for milk?

siongnelly

My baby is 5 months plus and when i breastfeed, i usually do not give water. sometimes after feeding with formula i follow with some water but baby drink very little. How much plain water should be given baby without compromising the amount of feed for milk?
dear mummy, baby drink alot of liquid, therefore just give a little will do....
it's good to give some water, especially the weather is so hot nowadays

ppong001

i tried giving her some dilute juice... she also refused to take... now she got fever again... and the doctor suggest that i give her diluted milk but i;m afraid that the nutrient is not sufficient for her... thried introduce some semi solid food.. but she dun eat a lot..

somenifty

My baby also don't like to drink water.
Try feeding in different method, instead of bottle, use cup or feed by spoon.
Sometimes that helps.