Do I offended chinese God if I kneel down when praying?

Goldie00

Also this chinese lady use chinese paper to sweep my back and chanting, is it allow when I am pregnant?

Tannie

Y will u offend Chinese god when u kneel?
I guess sweep yr back is ok unless sweep yr shoulder...
Why din u alert the lady u r pregnant?
Best is dun think too much, nothing will happen, god will forgive our ignorance, not as if u do it purposely.

Goldie00

Y will you offend Chinese god when you kneel?
I guess sweep yr back is ok unless sweep yr shoulder...
Why did not you alert the lady you r pregnant?
Best is dont think too much, nothing will happen, god will forgive our ignorance, not as if you do it purposely.
My stomach is so huge, thought I know what she is doing. Thanks for your advise

hi goldie00,

dun worry, like what tannie say, u also duno n not do it on purpose.

but in future, just to share from what i was told, preggo no need to kneel while praying.

tk care!

malibu

Also this chinese lady use chinese paper to sweep my back and chanting, is it allow when I am pregnant?
When i was just pregnant and was told not to kneel down when praying as we pregnant lady is bigger then the chinese god, if we kneel down for them, they might not able to take it 受不起.
So not to worry, nothing will happen, they will bless you:)

felicity

oh i didn't know. i went to sao mu and i kneel down... because otherwise cannot reach the spot to put the joss sticks.

SH74

My thoughts... Got heart can already.. Dun be too bothered or pantang by everything as it'll affect the baby.

Janellebb

I asked my mum about this. My mum told me no such things preg bigger than god. .___. is because god loves and dote babies a lot, so don't have to kneel down when praying. So if you kneel down they will feel "shou bu qi" .. thats why.

felicity

I was advise to go back to the temple apologize with joss stick. But do it standing uo this time.
my parents say nvm... because i didn't kneel to baibai... i kneel to reach the pit to stick the joss sticks... but then again my parents are traditional buddhists with minimal pantang... they believe in karma, do good deeds... as long as we are upright and good, there should be no bad karma and god won't be angry with us.

felicity

Hi felicity,

U r preggie n u still went to Sao mu ?? Hmmm
ya i went with my parents and all my relatives... no one says cannot leh...

then my grandma passed away 2 weeks ago... :( went to the wake every single evening and night, and then for the funeral... followed all the ceremony also, but instead of kneeling down i either sit on chair or sit down on floor cross legs... my mum asked the shifu, who told her to cut a length of red ribbon and tie around my bump until the funeral is over... i only remove when i went to bathe... but my mum only asked the night b4 the funeral... so i had it for 1 night only... her friend told her last time hv to tie throughout the pregnancy until give birth ><

Tannie

I guess different religion got diff practise. When my grandma passed away, I was given white string to tie arnd the bump. I was told after the funeral got to keep the string till when baby is born then tie arnd the baby's bed...

I didn't attend the wake everyday but my cousin's wife did. She also kneel up n down during the ceremony with her huge bump...