Do the schoolbag of your children be very heavy?

Madelin

I think that nowsaday the book are really heavy. My son bad was heavy when he was in pri 1. I was like wtf, as if he was in pri 1. Now in pri 2 we are all used to it. But was heartbroken at 1st that he was complaining too heavy to carry and his classroom was not in the 1st floor. We thought to get him the trolley type, but climb stair still go back the same and even heavier.

VanessT

My kids are like dragging bags of gold to sch. Packed their bags everyday...still must bring the English dictionary..wah. Like massive brick!

jackygogo

My DD is now carrying an ergobag which you can either get from Wheelock Place or Parkway Parade. It's a bit expensive but worth the money.
Hi Maylee80, thanks for the tips. I got my DD an Ergobag. The brand is actually called Ergobag. Hahahaha. It's really good. At first the salesperson was demonstrating the bag with lots of passion, we were suspicious thought she is just selling the bag to us. But when I tried the adult version, it was very comfortable and was as if the weight disappeared from your shoulders. The bag uses the same concept as those highend hiking backpacks.

MummyMonica

My kids like to bring all the books to school everyday...should start training them to pack their bags. Else, one day they will all turn hunched backs.

hweiyee

Hi Maylee80, thanks for the tips. I got my DD an Ergobag. The brand is actually called Ergobag. Hahahaha. It's really good. At first the salesperson was demonstrating the bag with lots of passion, we were suspicious thought she is just selling the bag to us. But when I tried the adult version, it was very comfortable and was as if the weight disappeared from your shoulders. The bag uses the same concept as those highend hiking backpacks.
May I know how much you paid for the Ergobag for your daughter? Where did you buy it from? Thanks.

My daughter's school allow them to leave some books in school... As their English lesson do not require any textbooks, they use worksheet (Stella program). Guess tt lighten the kids' load by alot...

cookie77

May I know how much you paid for the Ergobag for your daughter? Where did you buy it from? Thanks.
Hi Hweiyee, I bought the ergobag at Ergokid in Wheelock Place but you can also buy it from Scool in Marina Square, Parkway Parade and Jem. They have a few models but the one we got is $198. The cheapest was $158 and they all have the same back support system which is similar to high end hiking backpacks. It's definitely worth the investment as the kids bag feels much lighter when they carry it and there is a 2 year warranty.

cookie77

Hi Hweiyee, I bought the ergobag at Ergokid in Wheelock Place but you can also buy it from Scool in Marina Square, Parkway Parade and Jem. They have a few models but the one we got is $198. The cheapest was $158 and they all have the same back support system which is similar to high end hiking backpacks. It's definitely worth the investment as the kids bag feels much lighter when they carry it and there is a 2 year warranty.
Oh you can also buy it online here: ergobag - Ergonomic School Bag for Primary School - SCOOL Ergonomics eStore - Singapore

jackygogo

Any good ergonomic school bags that mommies can recommend ? Where to purchase them and how much ?

Do such bags really make a postive difference when carrying heavy load ? Am considering of getting one for my child.
Try the Ergobag from Germany. I think their entry level model BAM is currently on offer at $139 in Scool Marina Square, and it comes with 2-year warranty.

SammiTan

Try the Ergobag from Germany. I think their entry level model BAM is currently on offer at $139 in Scool Marina Square, and it comes with 2-year warranty.
Thanks for sharing. I'm looking for 1 for some time for my niece who is small size for her age...poor girl. So worry that she can't grow because of the weight of her school bag!

MomKiasu

What I did for my children is to make sure that they know their schedule and to only bring the books they need and leave unnecessary weight at home.

cookie77

School bags don't have to be heavy… I check my daughter's school bag from time to time and get her to remove unnecessary items like extra story books, staplers, large glue bottles, extra pairs of scissors… etc.. you'd be surprised what you kids bring to school.. stuff they don't need in school.